Windows 10: Admin account appears to be in sons account now

Discus and support Admin account appears to be in sons account now in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son was on my PC yesterday trying to login to his Microsoft account so we could watch a movie, we ended up connecting his Xbox to my TV. I am (was)... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by razingkane, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Admin account appears to be in sons account now

My son was on my PC yesterday trying to login to his Microsoft account so we could watch a movie, we ended up connecting his Xbox to my TV. I am (was) the admin on my PC, there is no PW to login so when I power up the PC it used to take me directly to my Desktop. When I powered up my PC this morning it came up with a login screen with his name and a PW box. I don’t see anything to click to change account login because it’s the only account on the PC. I logged in using his account and PW. I went to Start/Settings/ Accounts/ I can see 1 account with his name, email account as Admin. First it appears to me that he somehow changed my Admin account to his information and second it looks like it’s trying to login to a Microsoft account because now it wants to verify the email on Outlook, which I don’t use.

How do I delete this account, get me back on as admin and get my PC back to no PW needed to login and goes directly to my Desktop?

:)

razingkane, Mar 28, 2016
  2. Marvin 2 Win User

When I created my account, I made me Admin, so can I move these folders to my account from other user account?

Original Title: Folders in wrong account.

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, on my laptop, where I had never set up user accounts. My son was the first to download an app (with my approval) on this machine, now all my personal folders are appearing in his log on and not in mine.

When I created my account I made me Admin, so can I move these folders to my account? or share them and if I delete son's account, will they remain there?

thanks,

Marvin 2, Mar 28, 2016
  3. Replacing my son as administrator and making myself the parent the new administrator.

Hello, Log in to son's account and set yourself as administrator. Once you done this, you have the admin rights to set son's account as standard user. Regards.

Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 28, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Admin account appears to be in sons account now

NavyLCDR, Mar 28, 2016
  5. That fixed it, thanks. I did get a bunch of verify your account notifications which I just right clicked and selected ignore notification.

razingkane, Mar 28, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Glad it was a simple fix for you!

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Admin account appears to be in sons account now

1. Admin account appears to be in sons account now - Similar Threads - Admin account appears

2. Accidentally opened an admin folder on my Son's account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally opened an admin folder on my Son's account: I accidentally opened the folder with admin permissions on my son's account. I want to have the folder ask for permission again once my son goes through the laptop because its looking like its permanently unlocked for my son's account and he can search numerous files which...
  3. Son's Microsoft account accidently set as PC's admin owner

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Son's Microsoft account accidently set as PC's admin owner: We have been using a local admin login for years on this windows 10 PC. About a year ago he was logged into his Microsoft account on the Xbox app. He was suddenly presented with a popup window asking if he wanted his Microsoft email and account to be used as the local admin...
  4. Separate Admin account appeared out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Separate Admin account appeared out of nowhere: I was overclocking my GPU, went a little too far and the PC crashed. Got it back to a stable point and put out all of the digital fires when I realised that a second User account had appeared. PC took away all of my Admin rights (I'm the only User, other than this) and gave...
  5. Family account removed by son with Admin Rights!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family account removed by son with Admin Rights!: Family account removed by son with Admin Rights! I set up an account for my son under Family Group to keep him safe on line and to monitor and restrict his use on the laptop and Xbox for his safety to make sure he does school work at the right times without distraction. It...
  6. User admin account email address changed to my sons????

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User admin account email address changed to my sons????: My User account on my laptop has been changed so that it is my sons account email address, not mine. How do I change it back to mine? He is a child. I needed to ask permission to myself to use Firefox. I have removed him from our family, and removed the device from his...
  7. Admin account no longer appearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin account no longer appearing: I signed in as a guest 2 days ago, and now I can't login to my other account. The account folders still appear under C: Users... However, I am unable to enter admin name & password. This is frustrating. At this point it seems the only option is to factory reset the...
  8. My only admin account is now guest + What is the hidden admin account passoword.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My only admin account is now guest + What is the hidden admin account passoword.: I recently noticed somebody changed my account from admin to guest. Is there any way I could get my account back to admin? (Without resseting my PC?) And, what is the hidden Administrator account password?...
  9. Problems in User Account, not appearing in Admin Account (store, sfc)

Problems in User Account, not appearing in Admin Account (store, sfc): I have not found anything like my problem on any forum or thread. In my Administrator Account the Windows Store opens and I can install Apps. I expected those same Apps I just installed to appear in my User Account, they did not. Both my Admin and User accounts are Microsoft...
  10. My Son Accidentally Took Over Main Admin Account

My Son Accidentally Took Over Main Admin Account: I have a Windows 10 PC. I must not have had any email account associated with the PC. I had a name on the account but never linked it to a Microsoft account. Today, my young son logged into Windows and somehow ignorantly "took over" the account, so now all my files and...