Windows 10: Admin Account Disabled

Discus and support Admin Account Disabled in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi All, I have a issues in where I connected my laptop to my customers domain to assist with a few issues. Upon leaving the domain and going back to a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ML101, Sep 12, 2017.

1. ML101 Win User

Admin Account Disabled

Hi All, I have a issues in where I connected my laptop to my customers domain to assist with a few issues. Upon leaving the domain and going back to a workgroup I realised that their server had applied a group policy that disabled by local admin account. I am now left with my user account that is not elevated enough to re-join the domain or to add/remove apps etc. I am unable to enable the local admin or promote my user account to admin group. I have no restore points and struggling to boot from USB to run a WINPE etc.

Any useful advice would be gratefully accepted, thanks.

:)

ML101, Sep 12, 2017

2. Use admin account with admin rights disabled

Create a new standard user account the guest account is limited.

OctavianQR, Sep 12, 2017
  3. Use admin account with admin rights disabled

To prevent unwanted changes by my self or others do I want to create a guest account which I will use as my main account. I did and on one computer windows can even load one of the profiles. On the computer where I can create a guest account which works
    do I need to setup a lot of programs which are not available for the guest (like my browser or my onedrive linked to the email on the admin account ect). So I thought, is it possible to use the admin account but with admin rights disabled and when you need
    admin right you re-enter the password?

(Or does somebody has an idea how I can use the onedrive linked to the admin account and how I can assign already installed programs to guest accounts?)

Greetings,

Vincent

Vincent van Duijnhoven, Sep 12, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Admin Account Disabled

Welcome to the forum. The only way really is to login as a domain admin unless they changed the password for local admin

Samuria, Sep 12, 2017
  5. Try3 Win User
  6. ML101 Win User
    Try3, that worked perfectly, thank you. Many thanks for your help

ML101, Sep 12, 2017
  7. Try3 Win User
    I am glad that the problem is fixed.

It occurs to me that [whilst I know nothing about domains] since you now have your working Admin account & a spare Admin account you might want to make a system image then connect to that domain again.
    • I suspect that the domain might only mess up Admin accounts that you are currently logged into at the time & leave your other Admin accounts alone.
    • If this is true then you could routinely make a temporary [sacrificial] Admin account to connect with so that your normal accounts were kept safe.

All the best,
    Denis

Try3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Admin Account Disabled

1. Admin Account Disabled - Similar Threads - Admin Account Disabled

2. Disable Admin Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Admin Account: If I use my new admin account and disable my main admin account I always use in command prompt, what will happen to my main admin account if I'm in my new admin account?...
  3. Disable Admin Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Admin Account: If I use my new admin account and disable my main admin account I always use in command prompt, what will happen to my main admin account if I'm in my new admin account?...
  4. Disable Family Features for Local Admin Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Family Features for Local Admin Account: Hello,I am getting a notice in Microsoft Edge that says "Sign in to send your requestYou need to sign back in to your Microsoft account so you can send your parent a request to view this page."This is a local admin account and there should be no enforcement of any web...
  5. Extra Admin Account - Can't disable or remove.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Extra Admin Account - Can't disable or remove.: Does anyone know how to remove an additional admin account? I tried but it's not working. I created it with a powershell command, I needed to do so apparently in order to remove some bloatware. I'm assuming that's why the admin account is there, I didn't have one before. I...
  6. Admin account disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin account disabled: Can someone help me? Running Win10 Pro on Dell laptop E6500. When booting up, the Administrator account does not appear in the log in screen. This is because the account is disabled, for some reason. So I log in with my local account with administrative rights. I'm trying...
  7. Disable Admin Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Admin Account: how to disable administrator account in windows 10 that I've forgotten pp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-admin-account/6d40db04-e19f-424b-9c88-5e39b7de74d2"
  8. Admin and User account disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin and User account disabled: I have a gaming PC with Windows 10 enterprise... I know very little about Computers and have been running windows XP up until two months ago when my PC died on me... Installed some games and one of them wanted access via the Administrator. So, I logged in for the very...
  9. The only admin account is disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only admin account is disabled: A while ago I changed the only account on my PC Dell Inspiron, 11.Windows 10 from the Administrator to User. A few days ago I tried to get back the admin account because I cannot run any downloaded programme because the system requires the admin account. I tried to create a...
  10. Windows 10 disabled admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 disabled admin account: hello I have a lenovo laptop with the TMP chip and bitlocker. I had a admin account on the domain but i took the laptop off the domain, did not realise that the local administrator account is disabled. So now i can only login to the laptop with a standard account....