Windows 10: Admin account problems

Discus and support Admin account problems in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I believe i have broken windows 10 user accounts. A few months ago i got bored of the constant UAC popups and decided to activate... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by oo0tommy0oo, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Admin account problems

Hello everyone,

I believe i have broken windows 10 user accounts. A few months ago i got bored of the constant UAC popups and decided to activate the Built-in Admin account and use it as my main account. I deleted my other account as i am the only user on this pc. Recently i was getting annoyed that the Built-in admin account cannot use certain apps (photo etc.). So i decided that i could put up with the annoying UAC and decided to switch back to a standard admin account. At first i created a Standard account and it worked great for the apps but i could not install apps or save to certain folders (C:/). So i upgraded it to Admin in the setting/accounts using the built in Admin. Now i had full admin rights, but i could not use the apps again. It seems i can either be Standard user or Built in Admin, but not the original Standard with Admin privileges.

Does anyone know, other than a reinstall how i can get back or create a new Admin account that can use all apps and have complete control of the PC, i am ok with the UAC.

Thanks for any advice.

:)

oo0tommy0oo, Feb 4, 2016

2. Local Account to Admin Account - Admin Unavailable

If system restore fails, and if the System File Check fails the most expeditious course of action will to just reinstall Windows 10 fresh. You could keep trying other avenues of course, but if you want to get back up and running sooner, rather than later
    it might be best. Good luck!

Solar-Eclipse, Feb 4, 2016
  3. Phil0560 Win User
    Local Account to Admin Account - Admin Unavailable

The only change I am aware of was installing the software, but I had done that a number of months prior, and had actually successfully used it before without it locking up.

Here is what my main screen looks like:

Admin account problems [​IMG]

Unfortunately, I can't capture the screen for when I try to make changes and require admin permission. However, that screen pops up as normal, except "yes" is not an option, and "no" is the only button I can select.

Let me know if more information would be helpful.

Thanks!

Phil0560, Feb 4, 2016
Thema:

Admin account problems

1. Admin account problems - Similar Threads - Admin account problems

2. How to fix problem with logging in admin account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix problem with logging in admin account?: I have problem with accessing admin account on my laptop. I can't open to enter PIN, fingerprint not working and I dont have option to enter password.It is like that my admin acc is in limb. When I bought my laptop it had windows on it, I created acc using work email, when I...
  3. How to fix problem with logging in admin account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix problem with logging in admin account?: I have problem with accessing admin account on my laptop. I can't open to enter PIN, fingerprint not working and I dont have option to enter password.It is like that my admin acc is in limb. When I bought my laptop it had windows on it, I created acc using work email, when I...
  4. admin account problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin account problems: Hi i am looking for a way to remove an admin account from my computer as a non admin we have forgotten the password and would just rather delete the account from the laptop...
  5. ms account switch admin problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ms account switch admin problems: set up a new desktop computer for a friend used my ms account to install win 10 when I brought it to him and went to change to his account he tells me he doesnt have his un and password from there it turned into a night mare I couldnt switch users and because Im not sure...
  6. Windows 10 admin account problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 admin account problem: I have exact problem that other user has posted. I cant change the local user account to admin account. I had tried all the solutions that have been posted but windows blocks me and prompts that my password is wrong....
  7. built-in admin account problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    built-in admin account problem: i have a clean install of windows 10 pro, before i had a windows 7 and was using the built-in administrator account without problems. now in windows 10 i'm using the built in administrator account but facing problems 1) if i leave the "security settings==>local...
  8. Problems in User Account, not appearing in Admin Account (store, sfc)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems in User Account, not appearing in Admin Account (store, sfc): I have not found anything like my problem on any forum or thread. In my Administrator Account the Windows Store opens and I can install Apps. I expected those same Apps I just installed to appear in my User Account, they did not. Both my Admin and User accounts are Microsoft...
  9. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...
  10. Domain admin account as built-in admin account

Domain admin account as built-in admin account: I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open...