Windows 10: admin accounts (local or Microsoft?)

Discus and support admin accounts (local or Microsoft?) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I have used Win 10 since it came out and in general, I'm happy with it. Is there a difference in system access rights given to a local account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dch1950, Jan 17, 2018.

1. dch1950 Win User

admin accounts (local or Microsoft?)

Hi I have used Win 10 since it came out and in general, I'm happy with it.
    Is there a difference in system access rights given to a local account administrator as compared to an Microsoft account based logon to an admin account?
    The reason I ask is that I only have one log on (as I'm sole user) to a local account with admin rights (or so I thought)
    I wanted to remove/in-install a program today, and was presented with a message which said I MAY not have sufficient priveledge to remove the app. As I'm GOD on my system - how can this possibly occur?
    Any thoughts?
    regards
    Dave Hickman

:)

dch1950, Jan 17, 2018

2. local admin account

I did some security changes in my admin account changing password using some special characracters like ! and take full ownership and denying other user any privillages the problem is I forgot some the last part of the password is their any way to bypass
    my main admin account and take full ownership again

lostchild666, Jan 17, 2018
  3. local admin account

Hi,

The Microsoft Community can not help with lost or forgotten pins/passwords

per Microsoft Policy. (All the help we are allowed to provide is in the links below|

- and there is some.(

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

What to do if you forget your Windows password (Windows 8 & 8.1) 10 is

essentially the same.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/forgot-windows-password

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 17, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

What is the program you want to uninstall?
    The Microsoft Account is a play from the Apple playbook. Basically, Microsoft wants people who have more then one device (ie) Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, Phone to have one sign in to all, so you have access to all of your files from anywhere, via One Drive, Etc.
    There are certain applications that come with Windows or are integrated into Windows so, you cannot just uninstall it without it breaking Windows. Also, many programs need to be installed and uninstalled by right clicking it and Running as Administrator, even if you are an administrator user.

spunk, Jan 17, 2018
  5. dch1950 Win User
    Hi,
    I get the gist of your replt,thanx.
    Right click what though? I'm just using the control panel view, and asking for the program to be uninstalled.
    D

dch1950, Jan 17, 2018
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Think what Spunk meant was the Installer file itself. Right click and "Run as Administrator". That way, the install/uninstall (if option exists) will inherit Admin privileges throughout the process.

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. admin accounts (local or Microsoft?) - Similar Threads - admin accounts local

2. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  3. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  4. Microsoft account conflict with local admin account and files missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft account conflict with local admin account and files missing: Hello,Sincerely, I was forced to login with my Microsoft account after Windows 10 reboot with no prior settings changes.After rebooting and everything was fine, then I got the screen to sign in with my Microsoft account which I tried closing but It kept coming back again.So I...
  5. Microsoft account conflict with local admin account and files missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account conflict with local admin account and files missing: Hello,Sincerely, I was forced to login with my Microsoft account after Windows 10 reboot with no prior settings changes.After rebooting and everything was fine, then I got the screen to sign in with my Microsoft account which I tried closing but It kept coming back again.So I...
  6. Microsoft account conflict with local admin account and files missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft account conflict with local admin acct account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft account conflict with local admin acct account: Hello,Sincerely, I was forced to login with my Microsoft account after Windows 10 reboot with no prior settings changes.After rebooting and everything was fine, then I got the screen to sign in with my Microsoft account which I tried closing but It kept coming back again.So I...
  8. Cunundrum: Merging Local Admin Account and Microsoft Family Admin/Parent account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cunundrum: Merging Local Admin Account and Microsoft Family Admin/Parent account.: Contents This is a little bit of a multifaceted question, so here are the contents: What I want and why? What precisely is the problem? What specifically do I want to know? What I want and why: A non-convoluted system to manage my attention when behind my computers. I...
  9. Local Admin Account hijacked by child's Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Admin Account hijacked by child's Microsoft account: Hi, When we originally set up our shared home computer, we set it up with just a local account because we didn't feel it necessary for each of the 5 people in our house to have to log in separately. But when my 12 year old daughter created a Microsoft account for a game or...
  10. Local admin account vs domain admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local admin account vs domain admin account: Can both local admin account and domain admin account make changes on the Windows 10 Pro PC? Like installing programs, uninstalling, making network changes etc. Does one account has more access than the other?...