Windows 10: Admin approval

Discus and support Admin approval in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi gang, need a little help ! I just did a recovery on this computer & everytime i go to download anything it ask me for admin approval, i want to turn... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by flashh4, Jun 1, 2017.

1. flashh4 Win User

Admin approval

Hi gang, need a little help ! I just did a recovery on this computer & everytime i go to download anything it ask me for admin approval, i want to turn this off !! Any help appreciated !
    Thanks
    Chuck

:)

flashh4, Jun 1, 2017
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Lost Windows 10 password, but have pin.

Phil,

If you are logged in to an Admin account, it should ask you to give your Admin approval when you look at the C:\Users\TheOldAccount
    folders.

This is normal behaviour and is not a problem. Just as Windows would insist on Admin approval before installing an application, it will ask for Admin approval before letting a user account access the user folders of another user account.

All the best,

Denis

Tryx3, Jun 1, 2017
  3. • 2017-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4034658) critical issue

This option doesn't work because it needs admin approval, which is one of the problems. The screen dims and the chime for the admin approval in my main profile chimes but theres nothing to click on. the screen is blank.

CarlosD6ya, Jun 1, 2017
  4. flashh4 Win User
    Thanks for the reply TairikuOkami seems as tho i had some corrupt files causing this ! I ran a recover & everything is normal !!

Solved !!
    Thanks

flashh4, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Admin approval

1. Admin approval - Similar Threads - Admin approval

2. Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...: This has been an issue for years - and post Covid, even more of an issue. There are good reasons for restricting a user to Standard account privileges for normal day-to-day operation - not just to protect the system from the user, but also from malicious activity malware,...
  3. Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has Microsoft not set up 'remote approval' for Admin elevation on a Standard Account...: This has been an issue for years - and post Covid, even more of an issue. There are good reasons for restricting a user to Standard account privileges for normal day-to-day operation - not just to protect the system from the user, but also from malicious activity malware,...
  4. Cannot enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account: I cannot enable "User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account" to allow OneDrive context menus. What should I do?...
  5. Cannot enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account

Cannot enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account: I cannot enable "User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account" to allow OneDrive context menus. What should I do?...
  6. Re-enabling Admin Approval Mode prevents me from logging in windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Re-enabling Admin Approval Mode prevents me from logging in windows 10: At some point in the past I had Disabled the policy under:Security Settings/Local Policies/Security Options/User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval ModeI understand the security risks for doing that, that's not what I'm asking about. When I upgraded to...
  7. Re-enabling Admin Approval Mode prevents me from logging in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-enabling Admin Approval Mode prevents me from logging in windows 10: At some point in the past I had Disabled the policy under:Security Settings/Local Policies/Security Options/User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval ModeI understand the security risks for doing that, that's not what I'm asking about. When I upgraded to...
  8. Re-enabling Admin Approval Mode prevents me from logging in windows 10

9. Can't add device to tenant, need admin approval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add device to tenant, need admin approval: Hello, I am having an issue where I am needing an admin approval after initiating autopilot on a device to a tenant. After wiping the device, I bring up cmd prompt and input the following commands.PowerShell.exe -ExecutionPolicy -BypassInstall-Script -name...
  10. Can't add device to tenant, need admin approval

Can't add device to tenant, need admin approval: Hello, I am having an issue where I am needing an admin approval after initiating autopilot on a device to a tenant. After wiping the device, I bring up cmd prompt and input the following commands.PowerShell.exe -ExecutionPolicy -BypassInstall-Script -name...