Windows 10: Admin login

Discus and support Admin login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi Experts I am using Windows 10 I am a normal user and i am not able to install any software on my laptop. When i try to install any software i... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by risingflight, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Admin login

Hi Experts

I am using Windows 10
    I am a normal user and i am not able to install any software on my laptop.
    When i try to install any software i get prompt to enter administrator password.
    i dont remember the password for the administrator account.
    is there any tool or utility which can help me to reset administrator password.

:)

risingflight, Dec 20, 2017

2. Admin login, (or not)

Please change UAC to Never Notify and see if that allows you to perform those functions

- If not, I would recommend to rename the old profile and create local one for your machine

Patel-Ravi, Dec 20, 2017
  3. Admin login, (or not)

Hi Tarius,

I've followed the links that other people with similar problems have done in this community forum; As I said, I tried to delete icons on the desktop; tried to rename files in the file explorer as well as the desktop; I tried resetting the computer not keeping
    any files, etc., I don't remember all the things I've done, and haven't pursued it for about a month, but yesterday before starting my first help request, it happened again.

I'm sick of it and just want a fix, whatever fix(es) you may have, just want to be able to do anything that an Admin can do, since I'm the only user, and this is a home computer, so it's not as if an IT tech is preventing me from accessing my files, so please
    give me whatever you got, anything will be better than this aggravation, thanks!

Jess

Jess Rivas, Dec 20, 2017
  4. Admin login

Hi risingflight. Welcome to the TenForums @risingflight

Was your administrator account a local account or a Microsoft Account.

If it was a Microsoft Account you could go to account.microsoft.com and reset it.

If it was a local account you could use option 5 of this tutorial.

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

Once enabled you can change your local admin account password. Don't forget to disable the built in administrator when finished.

Caledon Ken, Dec 20, 2017
Thema:

Admin login

1. Admin login - Similar Threads - Admin login

2. How can I get rid of an unknown 2nd admin account on my login page?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of an unknown 2nd admin account on my login page?: My PC power up login screen shows two admins, but only one shows up in my account to change or administer. The other I cannot login or reset password. When I use cmd and enter net user only one admin account comes up which is mine. The other one that shows on my login screen...
  3. How can I get rid of an unknown 2nd admin account on my login page?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get rid of an unknown 2nd admin account on my login page?: My PC power up login screen shows two admins, but only one shows up in my account to change or administer. The other I cannot login or reset password. When I use cmd and enter net user only one admin account comes up which is mine. The other one that shows on my login screen...
  4. Why does my MS PC admin login keep coming back to the login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my MS PC admin login keep coming back to the login screen?: I have a Microsoft Admin account on my Dell laptop which no longer allows me access when signing in keeps bringing me back to the login screen. In have reset PW twice and nada. I can log in to my MS account via browser but just not on my PC. I can access a local user account...
  5. Why does my MS PC admin login keep coming back to the login screen?

Why does my MS PC admin login keep coming back to the login screen?: I have a Microsoft Admin account on my Dell laptop which no longer allows me access when signing in keeps bringing me back to the login screen. In have reset PW twice and nada. I can log in to my MS account via browser but just not on my PC. I can access a local user account...
  6. Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin acc

Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin acc: Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin account. PLEASE help me I can’t download the things I want without admin permission and I DON’T want to reset my pc....
  7. Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin acc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin acc: Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin account. PLEASE help me I can’t download the things I want without admin permission and I DON’T want to reset my pc....
  8. Can’t change account type and it won’t login to my admin acc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. I can no longer login to Windows 365 admin, but still being charged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer login to Windows 365 admin, but still being charged: I have a Windows 365 cloud Win 11 PC that I have been evaluating for several months now.I haven’t been able to login to the Windows 365 portal for several months, Authenticator not prompting me. Works fine with other MS apps.I haven’t bee able to get support as the support...
  10. I can no longer login to Windows 365 admin, but still being charged

I can no longer login to Windows 365 admin, but still being charged: I have a Windows 365 cloud Win 11 PC that I have been evaluating for several months now.I haven’t been able to login to the Windows 365 portal for several months, Authenticator not prompting me. Works fine with other MS apps.I haven’t bee able to get support as the support...