Windows 10: Admin login

Discus and support Admin login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi Experts I am using Windows 10 I am a normal user and i am not able to install any software on my laptop. When i try to install any software i... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by risingflight, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Admin login

Hi Experts

I am using Windows 10
    I am a normal user and i am not able to install any software on my laptop.
    When i try to install any software i get prompt to enter administrator password.
    i dont remember the password for the administrator account.
    is there any tool or utility which can help me to reset administrator password.

:)

risingflight, Dec 20, 2017

2. Admin login, (or not)

Please change UAC to Never Notify and see if that allows you to perform those functions

- If not, I would recommend to rename the old profile and create local one for your machine

Patel-Ravi, Dec 20, 2017
  3. Admin login, (or not)

Hi Tarius,

I've followed the links that other people with similar problems have done in this community forum; As I said, I tried to delete icons on the desktop; tried to rename files in the file explorer as well as the desktop; I tried resetting the computer not keeping
    any files, etc., I don't remember all the things I've done, and haven't pursued it for about a month, but yesterday before starting my first help request, it happened again.

I'm sick of it and just want a fix, whatever fix(es) you may have, just want to be able to do anything that an Admin can do, since I'm the only user, and this is a home computer, so it's not as if an IT tech is preventing me from accessing my files, so please
    give me whatever you got, anything will be better than this aggravation, thanks!

Jess

Jess Rivas, Dec 20, 2017
  4. Admin login

Hi risingflight. Welcome to the TenForums @risingflight

Was your administrator account a local account or a Microsoft Account.

If it was a Microsoft Account you could go to account.microsoft.com and reset it.

If it was a local account you could use option 5 of this tutorial.

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

Once enabled you can change your local admin account password. Don't forget to disable the built in administrator when finished.

Caledon Ken, Dec 20, 2017
Thema:

Admin login

1. Admin login - Similar Threads - Admin login

2. Blue screen can't login to admin user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen can't login to admin user: Hi I installed software that seems to be broken. Now my PC will only boot to blue screen. So I assumed I would need to do a start up repair or recovery. But when I select any option it asks me to sign in to my account. But it doesn't accept my password. Clicking on the...
  3. After local admin user join with ms online account - windows login failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After local admin user join with ms online account - windows login failed: Hi, 1. I login with my local admin user 2. In the Account section of Settings I sing in with my microsoft account 3. I set PIN Sing-in option 4. restart windows Windows not order pin after restart and don't accepted local admin pwd and online account pwd. That is way my...
  4. Not properly signed out in admin account and can’t login in local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not properly signed out in admin account and can’t login in local account: Hi, I was doing a window update and the update was not going smoothly The only option I left is to create another local account and do the update While I was still doing the update repeatly clicking the update button even tho it wasn’t able to update and also creating a...
  5. Old netgear Netgear Rangemax WNDR3700 - can't login to browser admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old netgear Netgear Rangemax WNDR3700 - can't login to browser admin: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. I have tried reseting the router to defaults (have done so before) but I cannot log into router admin page. I have tried conneted directly to my PC ethernet port, also daisy chaining the router...
  6. Admin for Windows 10 no longer exists - I can’t login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin for Windows 10 no longer exists - I can’t login: When i signed up to Office with a new account, i deleted my old Gmail admin account. So to sign into all my Microsoft accounts I have the same xxxx@x**** address. Unfortunately I didn’t change the admin address to enter Windows on my PC. So it wants me to login using an...
  7. Sign in to Xbox App on Windows 10 without associating that login with the admin of the PC

Sign in to Xbox App on Windows 10 without associating that login with the admin of the PC: I noticed this recently but just tonight looked into it further. I see that since I had logged into my Xbox account that my entire PC was now associated with that email account. The administrator had become that email account. Is it possible to sign in to my Xbox account...
  8. Admin Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Login: Hi! I am using a Surface Pro with two users. The first one is a local Admin and the other a Standard User. I don't remember the Admin credentials and I'm not registered with a Microsoft Account. I tried to reset my device via Troubleshooting but it requires a Bitlocker key ID...
  9. Admin password not same as user login

Admin password not same as user login: Having a bit of trouble. i have a 6TB HDD but my system is configured for BIOS rather than UEFI and as such the drive defaulted to MBR rather than GPT. I am trying to get all this converted so i can use all 6TB. I have tried a few different options which havent seemed to...
  10. admin user account display name on login

admin user account display name on login: I cannot change the display name when I log into my computer. Other posts say to go to user accounts and click it twice, but I do not see a second user account option. I have tried all the options available....