Windows 10: Admin Pin

Discus and support Admin Pin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I had my computer set up years ago an admin pin and password was put in place. I don't know what the pin is but I know the password. when I load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by degoman25, Aug 23, 2018.

1. degoman25 Win User

Admin Pin

When I had my computer set up years ago an admin pin and password was put in place. I don't know what the pin is but I know the password. when I load new software the computer asks for pin which I don't have. it then asks for the password which gets me in. Now it is telling me that i missed the pin too many times and wants to lock me out. How do i get rid of the pin?

:)

degoman25, Aug 23, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 23, 2018
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Admin Pin

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Admin Pin

1. Admin Pin - Similar Threads - Admin Pin

2. Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...: I alway used my microsoft account for logging into my device with reduced priviliges. I have a local Admin account that i use to verify installations and everything else that needs admin-rights. To make that easier i have set up a fingerprint-scanner.Now suddenly my...
  3. Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...: I alway used my microsoft account for logging into my device with reduced priviliges. I have a local Admin account that i use to verify installations and everything else that needs admin-rights. To make that easier i have set up a fingerprint-scanner.Now suddenly my...
  4. Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pin wont work requires admin logon but cant get to it, keeps asking for Challenge Phrase ??...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin wont work requires admin logon but cant get to it, keeps asking for Challenge Phrase ??...: Have managed to lock myself out of pc, it is now asking for pin to login, fine, then tells me an administrater has locked machine get them to login. Again there is no way to do that or shows any option of entering password only pin then after four attempts it then asks for...
  6. Pin wont work requires admin logon but cant get to it, keeps asking for Challenge Phrase ??...

Pin wont work requires admin logon but cant get to it, keeps asking for Challenge Phrase ??...: Have managed to lock myself out of pc, it is now asking for pin to login, fine, then tells me an administrater has locked machine get them to login. Again there is no way to do that or shows any option of entering password only pin then after four attempts it then asks for...
  7. other user doesnt let me sign in to the admin user i have the pin of

other user doesnt let me sign in to the admin user i have the pin of: i have tried using a microsoft acc and pin and password but it hasnt worked to sign in to the admin acc on my pc can you help its a other user pc and no other acc is on the pc...
  8. other user doesnt let me sign in to the admin user i have the pin of

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    other user doesnt let me sign in to the admin user i have the pin of: i have tried using a microsoft acc and pin and password but it hasnt worked to sign in to the admin acc on my pc can you help its a other user pc and no other acc is on the pc...
  9. other user doesnt let me sign in to the admin user i have the pin of

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Windows Will Not let me Take Pin Off As Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Will Not let me Take Pin Off As Admin: I tried taking my pin off my laptop. Used to be 4 digits then 6 after I added my school account i took it off nowI finally got the grey gone to remove pin but when it says to enter my password, it says incorrect. I have changed password it 3 times during this process to take...