Windows 10: Admin Problems + numerous issues following re-install of Windows 10

Discus and support Admin Problems + numerous issues following re-install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just re-installed Windows 10 using the built in Reset option as I wanted to clear my hard drive and start fresh. I have been having some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by brettdb, Oct 17, 2016.

1. brettdb Win User

Admin Problems + numerous issues following re-install of Windows 10

Hi,

I just re-installed Windows 10 using the built in Reset option as I wanted to clear my hard drive and start fresh. I have been having some strange problems since this re-install.

First, every time I turn on my computer and sign in to my account, I get a message asking me if I want to allow 'User OOBE Create Elevated Object Server'. I have never seen this before so I am wondering why I am receiving this message?

Second, I seem to be blocked from running certain apps for not having administrator privileges despite my account having administrator status. For example, I am unable to open device manager as I receive the message "an administrator has blocked you from running this app". I have seen the work around to activate the built-in administrator account, but this seems absolutely ridiculous to have to switch accounts just to see my device manager??

I have also had several smaller problems since the re-install. I have been unable to install my dell drivers as they are receiving a 'fatal error during installation', and my windows update returns error messages saying I don't have administrator rights to install... I am assuming this is linked to the administrator rights problem detailed above?

I am also receiving an error when I view certain webpages saying that the security certificate is out of date, as well as some webpages showing only text (not showing any of the graphics or formatting of the webpage). I have seen this issue in both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Another new issue is when I try to open the steam game N++ I get the error that it can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from my computer. Furthermore, I have a script at my workplace that adds the network servers for me, but every time I run it I receive an 'error has occurred on the script of the page: 'The Network is not present or started'. I expect this is something I should speak to IT about, but thought I would throw it in as well because it is a new issue that has only just started since the re-install.

I even tried re-installing Windows 10 again following all these issues, but I received an error message saying that it could not be reset and cancelled the re-install!

Any help would be appreciated... I am extremely frustrated as there are so many different problems I don't know exactly where to start on solving them.

Thank you in advance for your time,

Brett

:)

brettdb, Oct 17, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

windows 10 problems

If your computer skills are so weak that you aren't able to lookup information on the web, which has numerous, detailed guides for re-installing a previous operating system, I can see why Windows 10 presents problems for you.

BulldogXX, Oct 17, 2016
  3. Reload of Windows 7.1 following install of Windows 10 Reservation

If the Reservation application (Windows 10 app) has a blank screen or does not work or is not available:

Please be aware even if you do not get the Windows 10 app, you can still download Windows 10 as a .ISO file, create a bootable copy and upgrade your system.

How to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

1. Check Windows Update for an updated version of KB2952664 (Windows 7 SP1) or KB2976978 (Windows 8.x)

2. After installing the Windows Update, re-run the Compatibility Appraiser. This will happen automatically within a day or it can be run manually from an admin command prompt:

o schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

Once started, it may take 10 minutes or so for the appraiser to complete. Once complete, re-open the Get Windows 10 app and it will have the updated compatibility information.

Dan Charlton

Windows DirectX Graphics team

Restart your computer and try again.

If the above does not work, try uninstalling both updates:

Press Windows key + X (for Windows 7 click Start, type: cmd then right click cmd and click Run as administrator)

Click Command Prompt (Admin)

At the command prompt, enter the following commands:

wusa /uninstall /kb:3035583

wusa /uninstall /kb:2952664

Exit the command prompt, restart and run Windows Update again.

If the problem persist, see the following:

I want to reserve my free copy of Windows 10, but
    I don’t see the icon on the taskbar

Andre Da Costa, Oct 17, 2016
  4. caperjack Win User

caperjack, Oct 17, 2016
  5. VBJP Win User
    First before you do anything:
    Backup your data that you want to keep to some external drive network etc..
    Then just make USB stick with windows install using media creation tool
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums
    then when computer starts press key to enter bios and change boot order usually its F1/F2 or DEL key consult your Laptop/Motherboard manual for more info.
    Boot from USB stick and do clean install from there.
    Usually clean install will be labeled as Custom install option
    Nuke your system drive aka delete all partitions (you did backup your data right?)
    Recreate partitions as needed and install windows.
    That is "cleanest" install that can be done. It should fix most problems.

VBJP, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Admin Problems + numerous issues following re-install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Admin Problems numerous

2. Re-installation of Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-installation of Windows 10 issue: Hello, I was previously using windows 11 and ran into a boot up problem which gave me a blue screen on start up with the error code 0xc000000e. I then installed windows 10 using an external hard disk. I followed the steps of the setup from choosing your region and setting up...
  3. Re-installation of Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-installation of Windows 10 issue: Hello, I was previously using windows 11 and ran into a boot up problem which gave me a blue screen on start up with the error code 0xc000000e. I then installed windows 10 using an external hard disk. I followed the steps of the setup from choosing your region and setting up...
  4. Re-installation of Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Re- installing Windows 10 problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re- installing Windows 10 problems: I have created an installation usb which worked succesdfully a couple of weeks ago but I needed to use it again and the isntallation was nearly complete when it stalled and I got this message:Windows cannot access the require file D:\x64\sources\install.esd. The file does not...
  6. Problems on re installing windows 10

Problems on re installing windows 10: Hi,I have problem on installing windows 10 in unallocated space. I can't even partition it through command prompt.Whenever I try to create partition it says cyclic redundancy check...
  7. Issue with Windows 10 Mail App following re-install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Windows 10 Mail App following re-install: I have several email accounts configured on the Mail App in Windows 10. However, I uninstalled the Mail App on my Windows 10 PC as the App had become extremely slow and I then re-installed it from the Microsoft Store. But now when I launch the App, a list of messages that...
  8. Re-installing Windows 10 (following special offer instalation)

Re-installing Windows 10 (following special offer instalation): Is this information (from 2015) regarding reinstalling Windows 10 (which had firstly been installed as free offer) still correct in March 2019, please? Thank you....
  9. Numerous issues following Windows 10 updates and Microsoft failures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Numerous issues following Windows 10 updates and Microsoft failures: Every time Windows 10 does an update, there are always issues, notably with mail syncing, media casting, network speeds etc etc etc. My main complaint is that Microsoft seem to be releasing these updates without fully testing them for compatibility with "their own software...
  10. Windows 10 re install problems

Windows 10 re install problems: I have a laptop that worked in beginning but then all of a sudden I got an error message of missing operating system file clfs.sys. I then contacted manufacturers and they sent me a disk to fix issue. It brings up the windows setup box where you pick language and your...