Windows 10: Admin question

Discus and support Admin question in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; how can I make myself the admin on my PC? apparently during my download, I was added as a user and not the admin in windows 10. I cannot make any... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Cassie, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Cassie Win User

Admin question

how can I make myself the admin on my PC? apparently during my download, I was added as a user and not the admin in windows 10. I cannot make any changes on it at all. there is no option for an admin anywhere. Help!

:)

Cassie, Sep 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 retail license key

I've been looking into possibly getting Windows 10. I found retail license keys being sold on eBay for extremely cheap (under $15). It
    seems like there would have to be some issue with these. However, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I've been doing some research. If I understand correctly, if it's retail then it cannot be OEM. Also, if it's retail, I understand it cannot be
    a volume license key. From what I understand, it cannot be MSDN, either. If it were simply pirated, then I don't see how it could be activated as they claim it can be. What am I missing? FWIW, it comes from Europe, but claims to be valid worldwide.

(Not linking to the eBay sale as I don't want to "promote" it if there is an issue with it. But what can you suggest to me based on the little info available?)

Edit: A possibility... could it potentially be resold to other parties and activated by them, but then if I reinstall (when enough activations have been done), I will be unable to reactivate again?

(Question), Sep 17, 2015
  3. admin### Win User
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176929) - Error 0x80072af9

Having lots of problems with this update and 1607 in general, many times it just sits at 0%. As an IT person I must admit the update to Windows 10 has never gone exactly the same more than a couple times across dozens of computers, in a domain, not in
    a domain, need recovery environment because serial # doesn't work, updates don't work afterwards.....On and on. I'm in the market for a new laptop and I've actually decided for the first time in a long time to go to Apple because all this Windows stuff is
    becoming terrible, what about Media Player? I so wish long ago I had gone to Itunes instead, dumb mistake.

admin###, Sep 17, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Admin question

Brink, Sep 17, 2015
  5. Cassie Win User
    That's what I thought too, but why won't it let me make any changes. It does not say I am admin. I get a box that says to sign it and there's nowhere to sign and the yes button is greyed out.

Cassie, Sep 17, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Did you disable UAC by chance?

Brink, Sep 17, 2015
  7. Cassie Win User
    It won't let me check because it says I'm not admin. No other accounts.

Cassie, Sep 17, 2015
  8. Cassie Win User

Admin question

Not sure what that is.

Cassie, Sep 17, 2015
  9. Cassie Win User
    Cassie, Sep 17, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 17, 2015
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    In a command prompt, type "net localgroup administrators" without the quotes. What do you get in return? It will return a list of administrator accounts on your computer.

If the only account under administrators that you have is "Administrator" - that account is supposed to activate itself. Reboot into safe mode and see if it lets you log in as "Administrator" user name and no password.

NavyLCDR, Sep 17, 2015
  12. Hi Cassie,
    Did You reset already No!? *Eek If not there is another solution *Smile
    Start in Safe Mode https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
    In Safe Mode Right click on the "taskbar" then "task Manager" click "More Details" on the tab click "File" "Run new Task" and type cmd click ok *Smile ............
    Now Type this Command "net user administrator /active:yes " and then type "shutdown -r " and wait until restart you will become admin temporarily *Biggrin
    Create your own Admin account and disabled the build in administrator by typing this in cmd "net user administrator /active:no "

SomethingWrong, Sep 17, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Admin question

The only problem is that you won't be able to enable the built-in Administrator account at boot unless you are able to provide the password of an administrator account. If Cassie doesn't have one, then he's in a catch 22. *Sad

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Sep 17, 2015
  14. Cassie Win User
    no I haven't. Got tired of messing with it yesterday. I will try this! Thank you so much! After reading directions to do this, it says you must be administrator to start in safe mode.

Cassie, Sep 17, 2015
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    In a command prompt, type "net localgroup administrators" without the quotes. What do you get in return? It will return a list of administrator accounts on your computer.

If the only account under administrators that you have is "Administrator" - that account is supposed to activate itself. Reboot into safe mode and see if it lets you log in as "Administrator" user name and no password.

NavyLCDR, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

Admin question

1. Admin question - Similar Threads - Admin question

2. Hello i have a question regarding windows 11 admin commands.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello i have a question regarding windows 11 admin commands.: So everything was fine but then i installed something on my computer which was most definitely the issue to this whole thing and where and how it started. It told me to restart my computer after i installed the app and after i restarted my computer it would begin to load then...
  3. Hello i have a question regarding windows 11 admin commands.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello i have a question regarding windows 11 admin commands.: So everything was fine but then i installed something on my computer which was most definitely the issue to this whole thing and where and how it started. It told me to restart my computer after i installed the app and after i restarted my computer it would begin to load then...
  4. Sign out loop but only standard account no admin or security questions.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sign out loop but only standard account no admin or security questions.: Hello I hope you are having a great day so far! So I use a HP Stream 14 and recently after the 1903 update I haven't been able to sign in. I've seen other people struggling with the sign out loop too. However, most of the solutions don't work or they require admin. I usually...
  5. Sign out loop but only standard account no admin or security questions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign out loop but only standard account no admin or security questions.: Hello I hope you are having a great day so far! So I use a HP Stream 14 and recently after the 1903 update I haven't been able to sign in. I've seen other people struggling with the sign out loop too. However, most of the solutions don't work or they require admin. I usually...
  6. Sign out loop but only standard account no admin or security questions.

7. Setting up email - registrar admin contact email question

Setting up email - registrar admin contact email question: Hello, I have a question related to this post. but some change.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/set-up-email-in-the-mail-app-for-windows-10-7ff79e8b-439b-4b47-8ff9-3f9a33166c60I got a domain setup and am using it with the site. The reason being that I would have a...
  8. Question about Standard User Account and programs with needing Admin to update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Standard User Account and programs with needing Admin to update.: I'm the owner of my pc but use the Standard User Account for everything. I wanted to know if there was a way to make a program such as Steam or Battlenet to not ask for an admin password everytime they update? Thanks submitted by /u/ravenomega [link] [comments]...
  9. sorry if this question is asked a lot, but can a admin account see what the other accounts...

sorry if this question is asked a lot, but can a admin account see what the other accounts...: i tried to google but i could not find results submitted by /u/Cool_UsernamesTaken [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l31knt/sorry_if_this_question_is_asked_a_lot_but_can_a/
  10. Admin Questions

Admin Questions: So orignially when i built my pc two years ago i made an admin and standard user and then i started using the standard user as my main user. now i changed my perms to admin on my standard acct. can i purge my admin acct? submitted by /u/sohumsuthar [link] [comments]...