Windows 10: Admin Setting HELP!!!

Discus and support Admin Setting HELP!!! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Help!! I'm a total newbie to Windows 10 yet somehow changed from Administrator to Local user. How do I change back to Admin (so I have access to open... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by luvnstamps, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Admin Setting HELP!!!

Help!! I'm a total newbie to Windows 10 yet somehow changed from Administrator to Local user.
    How do I change back to Admin (so I have access to open my programs again!!)???
    Thanks!
    Korrin

:)

luvnstamps, Apr 12, 2017
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Admin settings

The only recommendation we can give in this forum is to reinstall Windows 10.

Denis

Tryx3, Apr 12, 2017
  3. cweber716 Win User
    Admin settings

The previous user of my computer set herself up as admin. She no longer works for the company and I am unable to access her account to switch settings. Is there anyway around this?

cweber716, Apr 12, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Admin Setting HELP!!!

You have to be logged in as an administrator in order to change an account from standard user to administrator.

NavyLCDR, Apr 12, 2017
  5. How do I check that?? (sorry - newbie over here!!)

luvnstamps, Apr 12, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Open a command prompt. Run:

net localgroup administrators

What accounts show up in the administrators group?

NavyLCDR, Apr 13, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    Do you mean you changed from online login with email to local user which can still be admin?

Samuria, Apr 13, 2017
  8. Julius66 Win User

Admin Setting HELP!!!

hi, i have the same problem, i ran net localgroup administrators and it came out administrators have complete access and unrestricted to computer/domain. but im signed in as user, i cannot access admin etc.

But i cannot install/uninstall or do anything as a admin, cannot even change settings. Can you help me pls,

Julius66, Apr 14, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    We need to know which user accounts are in the administrators group:

Code: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063] (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>net localgroup administrators Alias name administrators Comment Administrators have complete and unrestricted access to the computer/domain Members ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Administrator John The command completed successfully.[/quote] I have two user accounts in my administrators group: Administrator and John

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Admin Setting HELP!!!

1. Admin Setting HELP!!! - Similar Threads - Admin Setting HELP

2. Admin setting reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin setting reset: Hello all! I recently purchased this computer from a friend. It was her mothers computer. Her mom set up and adjusted the admin settings to where she was the only account authorized to change and control these settings. Her mom passed away about 3 or 4 years ago and the...
  3. Admin setting reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin setting reset: Hello all! I recently purchased this computer from a friend. It was her mothers computer. Her mom set up and adjusted the admin settings to where she was the only account authorized to change and control these settings. Her mom passed away about 3 or 4 years ago and the...
  4. Regarding admin setting option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regarding admin setting option: Not able to access the admin setting or cmd as admin getting pop " To continue enter admin name and password but not getting any option to enter " only getting NO and after clicking on i am exit.[ATTACH]...
  5. Admin Settings

Admin Settings: When I unhide the User folder in C drive, I cant see any folder with my name, I am the admin of PC . Or when I go into properties->Security of any folderfor example one on desktop I see 3 names in the User name list 1. System 2. Yashadatwin\hp...
  6. admin settings

admin settings: I am the admin of this computer but, I regularly have to approve of or use admin rights to run some apps. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-settings/cf5cd7cb-605e-41c4-9347-de4029e55bcc
  7. admin settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin settings: How to activate the admin account on Windows 10 Pro? I keep getting the error that says Acess is denied. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-settings/d50ea246-cc0f-4134-952c-27980c8f392a"
  8. Admin help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin help: I'm trying to delete files that I don't need so I can free up space for the new windows 10 update, but it says i'm not the admin so I cant do it. I'm the only one who uses this computer. The command prompt thing didn't help me whatsoever. How do I change myself to admin?...
  9. Help - No admin accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help - No admin accounts: Hello, My PC for some reason has removed the administrator status from my account and therefore right now there is no administrator. I can't download/open certain files because i'm not an administrator and when it gives me the option of typing in the administrator password,...
  10. Set Admin Privileges

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Admin Privileges: How can I setup Windows 10 so it permanently has Administrative priveleges ? I am the only user here. Thanks, rs 13816