Windows 10: Admin tools problem for WindowsUpdate *please help*

Discus and support Admin tools problem for WindowsUpdate *please help* in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So frustrated with this issue. I disabled Windows Update a long time ago once I first got Windows 10. Now I want to install updates and what not for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DchromE, Sep 4, 2016.

1. DchromE Win User

Admin tools problem for WindowsUpdate *please help*

So frustrated with this issue. I disabled Windows Update a long time ago once I first got Windows 10. Now I want to install updates and what not for stability and I can't enable Windows Update in the services menu under Admin tools. Anybody can help me with this? It's enabled in group editor but admin tools won't allow me to change it. Help :/
    Admin tools problem for WindowsUpdate *please help* [​IMG]

:)

DchromE, Sep 4, 2016
  2. Shiv-Nath Win User

How to force update from command promt

Please run the given below commands in PowerShell command line once you open it with Admin rights:

1) Install-Module PSWindowsUpdate

2) Get-WindowsUpdate

3) Install-WindowsUpdate

Shiv-Nath, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Cumulative Update KB3201845 Fails To Install

The first shows

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX] "IsConvergedUpdateStackEnabled"=dword:00000001 and I am unable to change that, either with my log on or as Admin log on.

My UxOption matches.

Michael7572, Sep 4, 2016
  4. DchromE Win User

Disregard. I found a .bat file to reset windows update completely and was able to start the process. Thanks

DchromE, Sep 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Admin tools problem for WindowsUpdate *please help* - Similar Threads - Admin tools problem

2. A problem with Movie Maker. Help please.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A problem with Movie Maker. Help please.: My Windows Movie Maker warps the videos I save. I'm not sure what version of Movie Maker but the videos are MOV format from my iphone. After the editing is done and saved, some clips are warped and stretched out. Why does this happen and how can it be fixed? Thanks!...
  3. keyboard problems (Please help!)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard problems (Please help!): On my keyboard if I press backspace, delete, or arrows, it highlights the text and I can not click out of it. did I hit a command or something? I need help as soon as possible I need to plane a trip for someone by tomorrow!...
  4. Admin help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin help: I'm trying to delete files that I don't need so I can free up space for the new windows 10 update, but it says i'm not the admin so I cant do it. I'm the only one who uses this computer. The command prompt thing didn't help me whatsoever. How do I change myself to admin?...
  5. Please help with this problem

Please help with this problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/something-went-wrong-while-trying-to-turn-on/e3574c71-b368-4a44-930c-b079e48ea90b?tm=1533049618684...
  6. Signing In Problems Help Please

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signing In Problems Help Please: When my lap top starts up I want my local account to be default when I sign in but I can't seem to find out how. It seems that the computer when setup is default some how. I don't have any other accounts, please help. 41572
  7. Cant access new admin account, please help

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant access new admin account, please help: Hi guys, I have created a new admin account through safe mode as that is the only way i can login to my system but whenever i power on the laptop, it takes me to my default user account (doesnt gives an option to login to another account that i created) I want to login to...
  8. Update problem(can't enable in admin tools)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update problem(can't enable in admin tools): So frustrated with this issue. I disabled Windows Update a long time ago once I first got Windows 10. Now I want to install updates and what not for stability and I can't enable Windows Update in the services menu under Admin tools. Anybody can help me with this? It's enabled...
  9. two BSOD problems please help

two BSOD problems please help: I get them randomly and I only have seen two errors .. one was "system thread not handled" and the other is video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys and I'm pretty sure both are related to the NVIDIA card but I don't know what to do, I went to safe mode I uninstalled it completely and...
  10. Wierd Problem- please help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wierd Problem- please help!: I put windows 10 on my test machine that was running 8.1 pro everything went smoothly I have not had a real time last night to play around with it so i shut the pc down When turning it on this morning I got the Windows Screen and now everything is black. I have a mouse...