Windows 10: Administration Rights

Discus and support Administration Rights in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am the sole user on my Windows 10 Pro installation with Administration rights, so why do I see this when I try & save to Windows folder: [img]... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by WightWalker, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Administration Rights

I am the sole user on my Windows 10 Pro installation with Administration rights, so why do I see this when I try & save to Windows folder:

Administration Rights [​IMG]

However, I can save to a different location & copy the file to the Windows folder albeit with the following prompt:

If I try & change permissions to include Administrator I get this:

with no ability to add the Administrator.

Why can't I change things as I like to be in control & not have to work around restrictions such as this.

:)

WightWalker, Aug 26, 2015
  2. Phil281 Win User

Administration rights to Windows 10

1. I am using ASUS i Core 5 Laptop with Windows 10.

2. This has been upgraded to the 'Anniversary' version also.

3. When logging in, I use my PIN as preference.....I am greeted after a few seconds with the following error via the CMD utility screen.

This simply 'BOBS' up as I am about to action my laptop.

I have always had ONE account as listed as an ADMINISTRATOR.

4. Microsoft reinstalled W10 for me today....but I am still getting this error pop up.

I have run diagnostics

5. I have also run Software to try and fix the REG Keys but to no avail.

Can anyone assist please

Thank you

Philip

(See attachment)

Phil281, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Phil281 Win User
    Administration rights to Windows 10

Thanks Dave......although being Arsene Wenger I will still trust you!

Firstly, I have no idea where this came from but it's here.....I have tried to locate this 'APP' but no luck.

I have tried searching for it under 'Reg Converter' and or 'Sordum'

Apologies for my lack of skill, but how do I go about locating this 'bug'?

I certainly don't want it and never did.....I guess it is beware of hidden software when downloading software you actually want?

Thank you

Phil

Phil281, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Administration Rights

Windows will not let you save directly to protected system folders for security purposes. *Sad

You will only be able to directly save to a user folder location first. Afterwards, you will be able to copy/move to a system folder location.

Brink, Aug 26, 2015
  5. I understand what you are saying as this has been my experience but how does saving to a different location & copy/moving to Windows make Windows any more secure than saving it directly to Windows in first instance.

Surely, it defeats the security objective - just a thought.

WightWalker, Aug 26, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Even when you copy/move to a protected system folder, you have to approve it first, so it's still using a security feature.

It's all designed to help prevent users and/or malware from being able to modify or replace system files/folders without your approval first. This at least helps to give you a fighting chance if malware tries to.

Brink, Aug 26, 2015
  7. Noted.

WightWalker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Administration Rights

1. Administration Rights - Similar Threads - Administration Rights

2. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  3. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  4. My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand: I set up a local administrator on my laptop lenovo yoga slim 6, Windows 11 Home v 22H2 following the instructions given in Windows help - create normal user without ID account, then change this normal user to admin. I ran "manage-bde -status" in the command prompt to get the...
  5. My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand

My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand: I set up a local administrator on my laptop lenovo yoga slim 6, Windows 11 Home v 22H2 following the instructions given in Windows help - create normal user without ID account, then change this normal user to admin. I ran "manage-bde -status" in the command prompt to get the...
  6. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-security-pin-for-my-laptop-is-right-but-it-says/85a50963-8270-420f-bd71-33a5baf5ecac
  7. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-security-pin-for-my-laptop-is-right-but-it-says/85a50963-8270-420f-bd71-33a5baf5ecac
  8. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

9. I am trying to run Powershell with administrator but it wont let me right click and I cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to run Powershell with administrator but it wont let me right click and I cant...: I am not able to run windows PowerShell as well as other things as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-run-powershell-with-administrator/538d8c8e-49e7-4de4-a697-483d5956054b
  10. I am trying to run Powershell with administrator but it wont let me right click and I cant...

I am trying to run Powershell with administrator but it wont let me right click and I cant...: I am not able to run windows PowerShell as well as other things as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-run-powershell-with-administrator/538d8c8e-49e7-4de4-a697-483d5956054b