Windows 10: Administrative account disabled

Discus and support Administrative account disabled in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and wanted to get rid of the login screen password and turn off UAC because I find both of them annoying.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Parrothead, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Administrative account disabled

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and wanted to get rid of the login screen password and turn off UAC because I find both of them annoying. After I tried to disable the main user password, it basically removed all permissions from my profile and I couldn't access anything that was UAC related despite it being turned off.

So I tried turning on the administrator account to fix this but when I did that I was unable to access my main user account at all (it didn't show up on the login screen, nothing).

My next thought was to turn off the admin account to gain access back on my main account (the one that still has all my windows 7 files), so I did that, and I was greeted with the screenshot below of my administrator account being locked. Every time I hit OK on that menu, it just returns to that screen. No keypress combinations seem to work except win+p to change screen settings.

I've followed a few online steps but nothing works. I'm using an SSD and it seems like every time I try to access safe mode Windows 10 just completely ignores it all together (I'm guessing it's going to fast for the f8 press to matter?).

I don't want to have to reformat because I have a lot of data on that SSD that I can't get rid of. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Parrothead, Jul 30, 2015

2. How to remove windows 10 mail app

I am the Administrator on our company computers. Staff on shared computers have their own separate non-Administrator user account. I found that while I could disable Mail in my own Administrator account using the above protocol (thank you!), I could not
    disable Mail in the non-Administrator user account, even when prompted for my Administrator password.

To disable Mail in the non-Administrator account, I temporarily changed the settings on that account to have Administrator privileges, ran the above protocol (again, thank you!) to disable Mail, and change the settings back to non-Administrator.

David Bruce (david), Jul 30, 2015
  3. Administrator Account Disabled on Startup

If you got the new PC from a shop then you should take it back and ask them to show you how to log on.

Alternatively you could take a snapshot of this problem screen and attach it to your reply.

Frederik Long, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Administrative account disabled

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  5. I looked at that method and there's a problem for me. I installed Windows 10 without a disc and I do not have a USB stick with ~20gb, so it seems I can't do step 1 of option 4. Are there other possible methods to explore ?

Parrothead, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you like, you could pick up a cheap 4GB usb flash drive to use to create a bootable Windows 10 USB on another PC to use on your PC.

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Alright I have access to the computer again under the Administration account (thanks *Smile). My next problem is getting back into my own account (the one that migrated from Windows 7). At the moment, I only see the administrator account on the login screen (after I've completely logged out). I can't edit the account either, but my main one shows up under User Profiles (screenshot below). I was able to access it before this whole mess, so I know it exists.

Thanks.

Parrothead, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Now that you have access, you might see if doing a system restore using a restore point dated before this happened may be able to sort it.

System Restore Windows 10

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  9. Unfortunately it seems it wasn't saving any system restores at all, so I don't have that option.

Parrothead, Jul 30, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you're able to back up your files and data now that you have access, you might consider refreshing Windows.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Administrative account disabled - Similar Threads - Administrative account disabled

2. Administrator Account Disabled - after reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator Account Disabled - after reset: Posted previously here: https://www.****/threads/administrator-account-disabled-after-reset.579900/ I appreciate the responses but all of the solutions ive found on my post and similar involve actually being able to log on, i literally cannot get on to the account all i have...
  3. Administrator Account Disabled - after reset

Administrator Account Disabled - after reset: Hi,So I had to do a whole reset of my laptop remove personal files and everything and during the reset it kept freezing at 66%, anyway i left it and when i went back to my laptop it was loaded at the sign in screen. The sign in screen only has the option to sign in as...
  4. Cannot disable default Administrator account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot disable default Administrator account.: The Administrator account remains on my log-in screen even after setting it to no longer be active. The account I am using is an administrative account separate from the account I am trying to disable. [ATTACH] I disabled the account through the administrator command...
  5. Administrator account keeps getting disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator account keeps getting disabled: So, i wanted to install something in C:/Program Filesx86 andi didn't have permission, so i went on and granted my user every permission possible and nothing, then tried logging into Administrator account first time after a windows reset and didn't have it enabled, i went to...
  6. Cannot login as administrator account disabled

Cannot login as administrator account disabled: Wondering if anyone could help me please. I purchased a second hand compute stick STK1AW32SC when I try to boot up it says the administrator account has been disabled and cannot get any further. How can I get logged in? Thanks...
  7. Log-in with disabled administrator account in safemode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Log-in with disabled administrator account in safemode: It used to be possible to login with a disabled administrator account in safemode. I'm unable to do this on current version of Windows 10 (1903). Is there any possibility to change this?...
  8. Built-in Administrator account disabled itself

Built-in Administrator account disabled itself: Windows 10 - 1809 I have enabled the built-in Administrator account but as soon as I log off of any account I use to enable it the Administrator account reverts to being disabled and I cannot log into it. Interestingly I booted up in Safe Mode and enabled the Administrator...
  9. Can't disable "Administrator" account.

Can't disable "Administrator" account.: There is this account I activated called "Administrator" to change my user folder but it didn't work so when I tried to disable it said "Operation completed sucessfully" and it was still there so I restarted my PC but it was still there and I even tried deleting the account...
  10. How to disable Default administrator account...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable Default administrator account...: Hi am a facing this problem for long time..When ever i turned my Pc on its showing invalid username/password...Its getting in to a user account for which i dont know the passwpord....its hidden administrator account i think once i tried that in command prompt,,,,, i have...