Windows 10: Administrative permisson issue while copying files to usb flash drive.

Discus and support Administrative permisson issue while copying files to usb flash drive. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; sir, I am windows 10 user. I am trying to copy files on my usb flash drive, but it is showing popup of administrative permission required. I tried... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mayurkapadnis, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Administrative permisson issue while copying files to usb flash drive.

sir, I am windows 10 user. I am trying to copy files on my usb flash drive, but it is showing popup of administrative permission required. I tried solution mention in following link(https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/youll-need-to-provide-administrator-permission-to/3f93bfb2-fb7a-4f94-a2e6-9486772af7ef), but it was not helpful.

:)

mayurkapadnis, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Ztruker Win User

Administrative permisson issue while copying files to usb flash drive.

Failed Media Creation Tool attempt at bootable USB flash drive

Shawn, these are the steps being referred to that NavyLCDR posted. They work for both UEFI and MBR.

Here are the steps to create a standard Windows 10 USB flash drive:

1. Use the Media Creation Tool to download and save the ISO file to your hard drive.
    2. Insert the USB flash drive.
    3. Open a Administrator Command Prompt and enter: diskpart (if it isn't an administrator command prompt, it will ask for administrator permission).
    4. list disk
    5. select disk # <- replace # with the actual disk number of the USB flash drive
    6. clean <- this will erase the disk selected above, make sure you selected the USB flash drive!
    7. create part pri
    8. format fs=fat32 quick
    9. active
    10. exit
    11. exit - and if the first Command Prompt was not an Administrator Command Prompt, exit that one too.
    11. Mount the ISO file saved by the Media Creation Tool. If you are using Windows 8 or 10, you only have to right click on it and click on mount. If you are using Windows 7, then you must use a program like WinCDEmu to mount the ISO file:
    WinCDEmu - the easiest way to mount an ISO. And more...
    12. Copy all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive.

That's as simple as it gets. Between steps 7 and 8 you can enter: "select part 1" without quotes - but it should not be necessary.
    Between steps 8 and 9 you can enter: "assign" without quotes - but it should not be necessary.

Ztruker, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Administrative permisson issue while copying files to usb flash drive.

1. Administrative permisson issue while copying files to usb flash drive. - Similar Threads - Administrative permisson issue

2. Problems copying additional MP4 files to a USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems copying additional MP4 files to a USB Flash Drive: I have a number of MP4 files which I am trying to copy to a USB Flash Drive. Each file is approximately 17GB. I have been able to copy File 1 which runs in WMP. I then load File 2, which also runs in WMP. However, when I copy File 3 all three files fail to run.It does not...
  3. Problems copying additional MP4 files to a USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems copying additional MP4 files to a USB Flash Drive: I have a number of MP4 files which I am trying to copy to a USB Flash Drive. Each file is approximately 17GB. I have been able to copy File 1 which runs in WMP. I then load File 2, which also runs in WMP. However, when I copy File 3 all three files fail to run.It does not...
  4. USB Flash Drive issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Flash Drive issues: Hi everyone!! I have been trying to backup some files to my USB drive recently but, whenever I try, it works for the first 5 or so minutes before getting a warning that the file destination of the files does not exist as the drive disappears from Windows. Interestingly...
  5. Can't copy files from laptop to USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy files from laptop to USB flash drive: Can't copy files from PC Windows 10 laptop to USB drive nor delete file/folders on USB drive. Says I need administrator permission. I am the administrator. I can copy files/folders from USB to desktop. SD card is formatted for FAT32 so no security tab under properties....
  6. File permisson issue

in Windows 10 Support
    File permisson issue: Hi all, I recently purchased a new machine and have transferred save files from a game I play via a flashdrive. The files now appear as read only on my new machine. I have unchecked the box in properties and applied, but it just reverts back to read only after exiting the...
  7. USB flash drive issue

USB flash drive issue: Why Windows 10 laptop does not recognize USB flash driver when there is a file with password on it? Windows 7 does not have this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-flash-drive-issue/eec4cf01-2f10-4e8a-b860-7b49ee03291b
  8. Copy a DVD onto a usb drive flash

Copy a DVD onto a usb drive flash: How do I Copy a DVD onto a usb drive flash? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-a-dvd-onto-a-usb-drive-flash/717a7fe9-432b-499c-aa65-aa77754a0457
  9. Unable to copy all files to USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to copy all files to USB flash drive: Hi, I purchased two 128GB usb flash drive to backup several files. But when the size or number of files exceed a limit - which is not big and it is less than 2000 number of files - it gives an error. Then when I open the drive, all other already-copied files are also...
  10. Cannot Copy File To Either Of Three USB Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Copy File To Either Of Three USB Flash Drives: [img] Why can't I copy the 5.7GB ISO file to either of these three USB Flash Drives? Please see attachment. Thanks. 116077