Windows 10: Administrative privileges?

Discus and support Administrative privileges? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently down loaded a game to my lap top and when I click the icon it gives me a "Please login with administrative privileges and try again"... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mark1220, Dec 8, 2017.

1. mark1220 Win User

Administrative privileges?

I recently down loaded a game to my lap top and when I click the icon it gives me a "Please login with administrative privileges and try again" message. I am the only user on this computer and have administrative privileges. Any ideas as to what I need to do to resolve the issue? Thanks in advance!

:)

mark1220, Dec 8, 2017

2. Administrative Control

Do this at the sign in screen:

Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Command Prompt

At the command prompt, type:

net user administrator /active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.

If it doesn't work, you will have to reinstall Windows 10:

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

If there are files on the drive you want to recover, see - How to: Perform a Custom install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Dec 8, 2017
  3. dsc411 Win User
    Administrative Control

I have lost Administrative Control of my computer with Windows 10 due to an unassigned password. How can I fix this?

dsc411, Dec 8, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Welcome to TenForums @mark1220

Although you are signed in with an account that is an administrator, for safety reasons most of the time you are running applications with only standard user rights. This is why sometimes you are prompted with something like 'you need administrator rights to do this, press OK to continue as an administrator'.

Try right-clicking on the icon and use 'Run as administrator'.

Bree, Dec 8, 2017
  5. davidhk Win User
    You might have some kind of "permission" issues. But, I am no expert.

Use this tutorial and install Run As Admin to your right click context menu.
    Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10

That done, RIGHT click at the icon or the game's exe file, do you see the Run As Administrator option ?
    If yes, will the game start running if you click Run As Admin ?

davidhk, Dec 8, 2017
  6. Right tick on the game/program and tick on Properties and then Advance. See if you have a box to check 'Run as administrator.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 8, 2017
  7. mark1220 Win User
    Thanks for the suggestions.

mark1220, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Administrative privileges? - Similar Threads - Administrative privileges

2. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  3. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  4. "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges": I recently bought a Canon camera recently. However, I cannot download Digital Photo Professional 4, this is my very first time to download this program to my laptop and I always end up with the message "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires...
  5. "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges"

"Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges": I recently bought a Canon camera recently. However, I cannot download Digital Photo Professional 4, this is my very first time to download this program to my laptop and I always end up with the message "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires...
  6. "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. how do I get administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get administrative privileges: How is I get administrative privileges. I am trying to dowloand a driver from my scanner and it is coming up with an error message that I do not have permission to....
  8. how do I get administrative privileges

how do I get administrative privileges: How is I get administrative privileges. I am trying to dowloand a driver from my scanner and it is coming up with an error message that I do not have permission to....
  9. how do I get administrative privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Event viewer clear logs without administrator privileges

Event viewer clear logs without administrator privileges: Dear Microsoft Team,I have a windows 11 laptop. When I am logged with a non-admin user, I cannot clear logs. Is there a possibility to permit this non-admin user to clear logs in Event Viewer?Regards....