Windows 10: Administrator account deleted

Discus and support Administrator account deleted in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 several days ago. It seemed OK; then I added another pc to my network and when I finished my user account had been deleted.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by paudet, Aug 15, 2015.

1. paudet Win User

Administrator account deleted

I installed Windows 10 several days ago. It seemed OK; then I added another pc to my network and when I finished my user account had been deleted. Administrator privileges were given to an old account for which I no longer have a password. My only access to my computer is as 'guest'. My user name has vanished along with all administrator rights. I can't restore. I can't even wipe my hard drive. Window 10 is the gateway to bizarro world.

:)

paudet, Aug 15, 2015

2. Deleting an administrator account

Thank you both very much for helping. I'll try and track the old guy down in the meantime - though his name is as common as John Smith (the Danish equivalent, as that's where I live ;o).

A lesson learned!

Thanks again.

Helen

Imat Witsend, Aug 15, 2015
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Deleting Administrator account

Make sure you have a password set on your original account, and remember it too & also make sure it set up to your liking and most importantly has administrative privileges before deleting your current admin account.

After you delete your current user account you can remove its profile from Control Panel / System / Advanced System Settings at a later date after you are sure you have everything you need with the machines original account & can easily uninstall any
    programs that you might not want.

'Mike P, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

Administrator account deleted

1. Administrator account deleted - Similar Threads - Administrator account deleted

2. Deleting an administrative account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting an administrative account: How do I delete an administrative account on my PC Windows. It is a hacked email account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-an-administrative-account/79e397a7-acd1-4f3f-87d4-a860ff93cb68
  3. Deleted Administration Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted Administration Account: Hi I mistakenly deleted my Administration Account from my PC before I had the alternative admin account set up on my pc. I now cannot access Windows. I can access the existing account from another pc and it shows it linked to the pc in question. But I cannot find any way...
  4. Delete Administrator Account

Delete Administrator Account: I am trying to reset my whole entire computer. I want to delete an administrator account and make my account the primary. It doesn't give me the option on this computer. I have done it on 2 other laptops with no problems, please help....
  5. Administrator account deleted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator account deleted: I have removed the administrator rights from the administrator user by mistake. Now I am left with only standard user and I am not able to do any activity wherein administrative rights are required. I can see in users folder the administrator user name but not able to access...
  6. deleting administrator microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    deleting administrator microsoft account: deleting admin account in windows 10 I havealready n account in this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-administrator-microsoft-account/eaac7161-1247-479b-a6e2-11bbad5e9e1f"
  7. Deleted Administrator Account

Deleted Administrator Account: Hello, I was trying to delete all of my accounts on my pc so i don't have to put in password and login in everytime i get on but i guess i changed my administrator to local and now i can't really do anything and everything i do it requires me to sign in as administrator and...
  8. Delete administrator account

Delete administrator account: I need to close down my old administrator account on my laptop but because Microsoft closed that account I can no longer sign in and do this. Is there another way to clear this account?...
  9. delete administrator account

delete administrator account: how do I delete an administrator account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/delete-administrator-account/2c835d43-6e09-482a-935a-96cc31081cfd
  10. I deleted the administrative account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I deleted the administrative account: I prefer to log in as a standard user... better security, etc... so i made the administrator account first... then made my standard user account... the computer always wants to log in as the administrator, so i was trying to find out how to change the default user (i'll ask...