Windows 10: Administrator account do not have administrative rights always

Discus and support Administrator account do not have administrative rights always in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I tried this over several laptops to see if its corruption and the result is not . Accounts with Administrator rights do not have administrative... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Administrator account do not have administrative rights always

I tried this over several laptops to see if its corruption and the result is not .

Accounts with Administrator rights do not have administrative privileges over all folders owned by Administrators group , that i either have to own the folder or add the user (administrator) to users with permissions to that folder .

Now I think this is odd since Administrator account should inherit Administrators privileges or am I wrong there ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 11, 2017
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Removing an Administrator Account

Is there another user with administrator privileges? Always check and make sure before removing an admin user account that another user has administrative rights. One user absolutely must always have an administrator account or you will one day discover

your computer is totally unusable.

'Mike P, Dec 11, 2017
  3. Lost administrator account on Windows 10

If I don't have admin rights I can't do this. Why doesn't Windows have a built in check to make sure there is always at least one user level administrator account?

JasonErdmann, Dec 11, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Administrator account do not have administrative rights always

Above administrator is system which maybe in control it's a security idea that on some important folders that may be effected by malware you need to give permission to ensure your not malware

Samuria, Dec 11, 2017
  5. The whole idea of permissions and inheritance is that a user should inherit group's permission that it is a part of , its the whole idea behind a group else what is a group really ? This happens over all systems that adopts it like databases / linux based systems etc .

Now seriously what's the point of having the administrators group in windows if administrators don't inherit its permissions .

nIGHTmAYOR, Dec 11, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Administrator account do not have administrative rights always

1. Administrator account do not have administrative rights always - Similar Threads - Administrator account administrative

2. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  3. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  4. Having to do with Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having to do with Administrator: Greetings: Re: Windows 10 Pro Dell Dimensions E521 I am in the process of trying to install Win 10 Pro on a unit with a new Hard Drive. I get a messages that the Bootmgr is missing if I try to use a DVD and if I use a USB device I get Invalid Partition. In either case when I...
  5. Windows 10 - do not have a user account with administrative rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - do not have a user account with administrative rights: Windows 10 - do not have a user account with administrative rights. I can't create a new user with administrative rights because there is no "Family & other users" option in Settings - Accounts. How can I create a user?...
  6. Administrator account does not have administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account does not have administrator privileges: Hello all, my default user account is set up as an administrator account yet still does not have all write privileges needed when installing to certain drives (C, in this case), and I believe it is causing problems with certain software working the way I need it to. Please...
  7. administrative rights

administrative rights: I need to obtain administrative rights on my PC. I forget how, but I made a mistake when I thought I was signing in as an Admin. Instead, I must have either locked myself out, or did something to make Admin unavailable. I was not able to remove any program or make any...
  8. Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost ***Modified Title from: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost***...
  9. administrator account doesnt have admin rights

administrator account doesnt have admin rights: Hi I made new account on windows 10 and added my Microsoft account to sign in using email address etc. So now I am logged in to that, but everything I do, like remove programs or change startup, asks me to sign in to an admin account, or says I don't have access. I checked...
  10. Administrator rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator rights: Why am I only allowed a local account on my Laptop and in BIOS not allowed to change anything?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/administrator-rights/102aba95-9a9b-4232-9a3b-7c9978e37e6f