Windows 10: Administrator Account inactivated after the upgrade

Discus and support Administrator Account inactivated after the upgrade in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I had upgraded to Windows from windows 8.1 to windows 10. When I was on windows 8.1, I enabled built-in Administrator account and that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pratapkrg, Jul 31, 2015.

1. pratapkrg Win User

Administrator Account inactivated after the upgrade

Hi everyone,

I had upgraded to Windows from windows 8.1 to windows 10. When I was on windows 8.1, I enabled built-in Administrator account and that is the only user which has the admin privileges.
    But after upgrading to windows 10 that built in Administrator is disabled and none of the users are having admin privileges. Now what is the way to get admin privileges on one of the users or get the built-in Admin user enabled?

Thanks in advance.

Pratap

:)

pratapkrg, Jul 31, 2015

2. Windows 10 super administrator changed my password and I can't acces as an administrator

Thanks for your answer!

It doesen't help me, because i don't have administrator rights so I can not access to user accounts and cant modify.

Main problem is that I can not run any kind of program as an administrator. If I could run cmd as administrator I would inactivate "super administrator" mode.

DávidHorváth1, Jul 31, 2015
  3. hazalay Win User
    About System F hard drive

Win 10 has a hidden Administrator account. Even if your account shows as administrator your account doesn't have all the rights.

To activate the hidden admin acount:

1. Open Command Prompt in administrator mode (search cmd & right click)

2. First give a password to admin account. Write next line and hit enter:

net user Administrator *

3. Enter the password twice.

4. Now activate the account with following line:

net user Administrator /active:yes

5. Sign in with the admin account and you can access anything. Be careful though.

If you want to inactivate the account just type this line in cmd. again in administrator mode:

net user Administrator /active:no

hazalay, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Administrator Account inactivated after the upgrade

1. Administrator Account inactivated after the upgrade - Similar Threads - Administrator Account inactivated

2. The administrator account is not shown after created

in Windows 10 Customization
    The administrator account is not shown after created: I created a new administrator account, but my computer did not go through setting up process. I then changed the previous administrator account to a local account. But when I restarted my computer there is no option for choosing different accounts. Only the local account is...
  3. The administrator account is not shown after created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The administrator account is not shown after created: I created a new administrator account, but my computer did not go through setting up process. I then changed the previous administrator account to a local account. But when I restarted my computer there is no option for choosing different accounts. Only the local account is...
  4. The administrator account is not shown after created

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows inactivating itself after Reset this PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows inactivating itself after Reset this PC: Hello,I need help re-activating Windows 11 Home after Reset this PC unactivated my Computer and now it says that my computer is not activated.Can someone please help me.Thanks, Joshua...
  6. Windows inactivating itself after Reset this PC

Windows inactivating itself after Reset this PC: Hello,I need help re-activating Windows 11 Home after Reset this PC unactivated my Computer and now it says that my computer is not activated.Can someone please help me.Thanks, Joshua...
  7. Touchscreen inactivated with update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchscreen inactivated with update: I just wanted to share that the most recent Windows update caused the driver for my touchscreen laptop to be disabled. Asus was unable to help me. I then discovered on my own how to locate recent updates and uninstall the most recent one, and all of a sudden my touchscreen...
  8. Touchscreen inactivated with update

Touchscreen inactivated with update: I just wanted to share that the most recent Windows update caused the driver for my touchscreen laptop to be disabled. Asus was unable to help me. I then discovered on my own how to locate recent updates and uninstall the most recent one, and all of a sudden my touchscreen...
  9. No Administrator Account After Win 10 Novermber 2015 Upgrade

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Administrator Account After Win 10 Novermber 2015 Upgrade: Hi *Smile I have No 'Administrator Account’ I have “” Admin and Homegroup and Nothing Else? I tried cmd and Right-click on the Command Prompt result/ and select "run as administrator" But the Drop-down Menu Has No Option ‘run as administrator’ it only has: Mark, Copy,...
  10. Administrator Account inactivatred after the upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator Account inactivatred after the upgrade: Hi everyone, I had upgraded to Windows from windows 8.1 to windows 10. When I was on windows 8.1, I enabled built-in Administrator account and that is the only user which has the admin privileges. But after upgrading to windows 10 that built in Administrator is disabled...