Windows 10: Administrator account name is misspelled

Discus and support Administrator account name is misspelled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got it repaired, All... Went into netplwiz, checked the properties on my main account and the user name was misspelled. Corrected the spelling and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raner, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Raner Win User

Administrator account name is misspelled

I got it repaired, All... Went into netplwiz, checked the properties on my main account and the user name was misspelled.
    Corrected the spelling and everything is fine now...

:)

Raner, Jul 8, 2017

2. Administrator name misspelled

THANK YOU.

KelseyVaughan, Jul 8, 2017
  3. Administrator name misspelled

If you care about the display name that shows on the login screen and some other places, you can do this:

• Right-click Start, choose Run
    • Run the command NETPLWIZ and click OK
    • Open Properties for the account you care about, and change the name

If you need to change the folder name under C:\Users, your only option is to create a new user account (in settings) and then delete the old user account that had the mis-spelled name.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 8, 2017
Thema:

Administrator account name is misspelled

1. Administrator account name is misspelled - Similar Threads - Administrator account name

2. Name issue on administration account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name issue on administration account.: My Daughter used my Laptop and used her login to sign in to MS word, Now she is registed as the admin with her email address showing under my name. When I click to manage it then shows my name. Lower down on the email and account screen is her email account, I click manage...
  3. Name issue on administration account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Name issue on administration account.: My Daughter used my Laptop and used her login to sign in to MS word, Now she is registed as the admin with her email address showing under my name. When I click to manage it then shows my name. Lower down on the email and account screen is her email account, I click manage...
  4. Name issue on administration account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Administrator account named "Administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account named "Administrator": I have a administrator account named Administrator How do I delete it the remove account option is missing and I only have change password option I have my own administrator account under my own name however I cannot delete the admin account named administrator....
  6. misspelled user name

misspelled user name: My name is spelled incorrectly on the C Drive of my desktop andre rather than andrew. I have tried right-click but there is no rename option. I have just bought a laptop and the same thing has happened. Help!...
  7. misspelled name

misspelled name: Windows 10 pro installed with misspelled name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/misspelled-name/659b157f-0f03-4da4-a1ec-8d4b366726dd
  8. misspelled personal folder name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    misspelled personal folder name: Although, my Microsoft account has correct first and last name, my personal folder got misspelled with missing last letter of my first name. How can I rename this folder: C:\Users\takhi...
  9. Misspelled admin/user name on computer

Misspelled admin/user name on computer: Good morning. I hope someone can help with this. I need to fix my misspelled name on my administrator/user name on my computer. I have Windows 10 Pro; I do not have the option to 'rename' when i right click. Is there a way just to edit the user/admin name?...
  10. The name of my User folder is misspelled.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The name of my User folder is misspelled.: I recently had to get my hard drive replaced, and the computer repair guy misspelled my name on the User drive. It's not detrimental to anything, but it's really annoying. How do I change this? Or, how do I make a new account, and will I need to put all of my files and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i edit a misspelling in my name on my hp laptop

2. misspelled administrater name

3. user name misspelled

4. misspelt account file name,
  5. name spelled wrong win10 cmd,
  6. change administrator name spelling,
  7. name is misspelled in c:\users microsoft account,
  8. misspelled user name in windows 10,
  9. repair misspelled name in Microsoft acc,
  10. win 10 user name misspelled,
  11. administrator name is misspelled,