Windows 10: Administrator account on recovery mode

Discus and support Administrator account on recovery mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I created a system image on my external hard drive previously, now I am having trouble recovering my data. When I click system image recovery in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ekjoth, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Ekjoth Win User

Administrator account on recovery mode

I created a system image on my external hard drive previously, now I am having trouble recovering my data. When I click system image recovery in recovery mode, it says I have no administrator accounts on this device and all I am able to do is restart. But I actually do have an admin account, how do I recover my files from my hard drive?

:)

Ekjoth, Aug 27, 2018

2. Recovery mode says "No Administrator Account"

Recently needed to boot into Win10 Recovery mode, but any tool I tried to use accused of not being an administrator, and would not let me proceed. No options except for "Forgot Password?" which would just reboot back into recovery mode, and still just
    "No Administrator Account." My sole account on this computer is an administrator. After gaining access, I enabled the hidden Admin account, and rebooted into Recovery mode, but same message. How can I ensure this won't happen in the future when I need to use
    the Recovery mode again? Thanks in advance!

JohnManship, Aug 27, 2018
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Administrator account on recovery mode

Recovery mode says "No Administrator Account"

You need to reconcile the above report with your own claims. Here is how to do it:

• Press the Windows key + R
    • Type cmd.exe and press Enter.
    • Type mode con lines=50 and press Enter
    • Type net localgroup administrators and press Enter.
    You will see something like this:

d:\>net localgroup administrators

Alias name administrators

Comment Administrators have unrestricted access to the computer/domain

Members

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrator

Config

Now grab the account you believe to be your admin account and type this:

net user "JohnM"

Is the account active?

When was it last used?

Frederik Long, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Administrator account on recovery mode

1. Administrator account on recovery mode - Similar Threads - Administrator account recovery

2. Recovery of Administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery of Administrator account: After updating to Windows 11, my administrator account has been changed to a standard account, and I cannot see the administrator account anymore. So I am unable to use any app that says "Run as Administrator," and I cannot go to safe mode as I do not have a Bitlocker key.If...
  3. Recovery of Administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery of Administrator account: After updating to Windows 11, my administrator account has been changed to a standard account, and I cannot see the administrator account anymore. So I am unable to use any app that says "Run as Administrator," and I cannot go to safe mode as I do not have a Bitlocker key.If...
  4. Facing login Issue on administrator account on Advance Recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing login Issue on administrator account on Advance Recovery mode: After updating Windows 10 my PC turned off and moved to Repair mode. While Selecting advance option>Troubleshoot>Start-up Repair it required Administrator login. I used my administrator login password same as i used On Microsoft email but didn't worked. I have changed my...
  5. Facing login Issue on administrator account on Advance Recovery mode

Facing login Issue on administrator account on Advance Recovery mode: After updating Windows 10 my PC turned off and moved to Repair mode. While Selecting advance option>Troubleshoot>Start-up Repair it required Administrator login. I used my administrator login password same as i used On Microsoft email but didn't worked. I have changed my...
  6. Facing login Issue on administrator account on Advance Recovery mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Local account password / recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account password / recovery mode: I need to access the console via recovery mode. When attempting to login through recovery mode I am prompted for my password. My password will not be accepted. Outside of recovery mode my password works fine and I can login to my machine as normal. I have reset my microsoft...
  8. Local account password / recovery mode

Local account password / recovery mode: I need to access the console via recovery mode. When attempting to login through recovery mode I am prompted for my password. My password will not be accepted. Outside of recovery mode my password works fine and I can login to my machine as normal. I have reset my microsoft...
  9. Local account password / recovery mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Recovery Mode Command Line keeps asking for local Administrator Account Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recovery Mode Command Line keeps asking for local Administrator Account Password: I accidentally locked my admin account using a .bat file that generated random letters and numbers, and once I entered recovery mode and went to command line to open regedit and to reset my password, it keeps asking me to select an administrator account. There are two admin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Recovery mode says No Administrator Account (Windows 10) in command prompt

2. image recovery arent any administrators