Windows 10: administrator account

Discus and support administrator account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hello - just bought my laptop and I can't access administrator account - please tell me how to fix this. I am the only person to use this laptop and I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sheila gavaghan, Apr 18, 2016.

1. administrator account

hello - just bought my laptop and I can't access administrator account - please tell me how to fix this. I am the only person to use this laptop and I do not want anyone else to restrict changes - how can I change warehouse settings/unwanted installations - thankyou. I am very frustrated. *Zip

:)

sheila gavaghan, Apr 18, 2016

2. How to correct misspelled name on Windows 10?

For those who don't see the "rename" option, it wouldn't work even if you saw it, if you're logged in as yourself (the folder would be in use). However, I did this for a user whose name was misspelled and now he gets a profile error ("can't sign you in,
    you've been signed in with a temporary profile") each and every time he logs in. There must be a solution other than his living with a misspelled name! Please advise, thank you.

System Administrator (administrator), Apr 18, 2016
  3. Administrator account

In this forum we regularly deal with questions from users whose one and only admin account went bad. They are in the same position as someone who has a single house key but no spare key. The risks are obvious, hence having a spare admin account is an excellent
    idea. If you now delete your old admin account then you might come to regret it.

To gain full access to your old profile folder you need to seize ownership of it then give yourself full access rights - see here:

Take Ownership of a File or Folder

File and Folder Permissions

Frederik Long, Apr 18, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

administrator account

Which administrator account ?
    The Windows 10 own built-in admin account ?
    Or your own admin/user account ?

davidhk, Apr 18, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, once you've resolved the admin account issue, then to remove all the unwanted trialware etc you might consider using
    The PC Decrapifier

if you don't want to manually uninstall it.

dalchina, Apr 18, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    If you were trying to access the built-in Admin Account, use this tutorial....................

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do the steps in this tutorial.

Use Option One.

davidhk, Apr 18, 2016
  7. the one that came with new laptop. windows inbuilt one - can't change various items without te pop-up enter password - user account retail admin

8. davidhk Win User

administrator account

Have a look at my reply, post #4.

davidhk, Apr 18, 2016
  9. can't sign in as administrator

10. davidhk how is he going to login as admi when that is the problem he as now ?

gijoetech1, Apr 18, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    You think I did not consider that ?

I asked the OP which admin account in post #2.
    The reply was .................the one that came with new laptop. windows inbuilt one .

The OP did NOT say unable to sign in to own user/admin account until post #7.

davidhk, Apr 18, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    Sheila,
    I am afraid I cannot help you if you cannot sign in to your own user/admin account.

My suggestion is to take it back where you bought it and ask for a tech person for help, or ask for a new replacement, or ask for a refund.

Sorry, that's as far as I can go.

davidhk, Apr 18, 2016
  13. administrator account

i did not mean it that way maby it slip your mind its ok no problem

gijoetech1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

administrator account

1. administrator account - Similar Threads - administrator account

2. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  3. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  4. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  5. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  6. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  7. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  8. I have 2 administrator accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 administrator accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my...: I have 2 administrator Local administrator account and administrator account accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my administrator account to the already exisitig local administrator account?...
  9. I have 2 administrator accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my...

I have 2 administrator accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my...: I have 2 administrator Local administrator account and administrator account accounts in my laptop. I would like to know how do I change my administrator account to the already exisitig local administrator account?...
  10. I cannot access my administrator account

I cannot access my administrator account: I cannot access my administrator account and also I can't add or delete user, when I am going to add account or create account it shows error code 0x30070005 , it shows network problem.I tried all solutions but it doesn't work.please help me.can anybody know how to solve this...