Windows 10: Administrator Account

Discus and support Administrator Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; One of our user changed their administrator account to a local account. I'm trying to change it back to an administrator account, but you are always... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Floki, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Floki Win User

Administrator Account

One of our user changed their administrator account to a local account. I'm trying to change it back to an administrator account, but you are always asked to sign in as the administrator. Kind of like a catch 22 situations -- does any one have a suggestion?

Thanks,

:)

Floki, Sep 29, 2016

2. How to correct misspelled name on Windows 10?

For those who don't see the "rename" option, it wouldn't work even if you saw it, if you're logged in as yourself (the folder would be in use). However, I did this for a user whose name was misspelled and now he gets a profile error ("can't sign you in,
    you've been signed in with a temporary profile") each and every time he logs in. There must be a solution other than his living with a misspelled name! Please advise, thank you.

System Administrator (administrator), Sep 29, 2016
  3. Administrator account

In this forum we regularly deal with questions from users whose one and only admin account went bad. They are in the same position as someone who has a single house key but no spare key. The risks are obvious, hence having a spare admin account is an excellent
    idea. If you now delete your old admin account then you might come to regret it.

To gain full access to your old profile folder you need to seize ownership of it then give yourself full access rights - see here:

Take Ownership of a File or Folder

File and Folder Permissions

Frederik Long, Sep 29, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Administrator Account

Welcome to the forum.

You would have to promote the account while using another admin level account, such as the built in Administrator account. A standard account cannot promote itself to admin level. The ability to do that would largely nullify the purpose of having standard accounts.

LMiller7, Sep 29, 2016
  5. Floki Win User
    I've found ways to turn on the hidden administrator account, but to do that you have to be an administrator.

Floki, Sep 29, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 29, 2016
  7. Floki Win User
    Hi Brink -- I found those options out on the web and I did try #4 -- it failed as well.

Floki, Sep 29, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Administrator Account

At what step did it fail?

Brink, Sep 29, 2016
  9. Floki Win User
    When I tried to do the Load Hive it required an administrator.

Floki, Sep 29, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Did you boot from installation media to open a command prompt from at boot?

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Administrator Account

1. Administrator Account - Similar Threads - Administrator Account

2. I'm an administrator but denied access to certain files that requires an administrative account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm an administrator but denied access to certain files that requires an administrative account: performed a recovery because pc was running slow. no problems with recovery. now however, I cannot install a certain driver update. Only 1 out of 14 fails, says I don't have admin privledges. All others installed fine.tried all suggestions i could find on this site. still...
  3. unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account: I have tried so many ways and getting mad. At the end I decided to open a question: mine was an "administrator" normal account. Then I logged into Edge with MS account and now my local windows account is linked to it. no way to remove. There is no REMOVE link from - accounts...
  4. unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account: I have tried so many ways and getting mad. At the end I decided to open a question: mine was an "administrator" normal account. Then I logged into Edge with MS account and now my local windows account is linked to it. no way to remove. There is no REMOVE link from - accounts...
  5. Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator: I urgently require assistance. I had issues with UAC prompts and was in search for a solution for this where I came across a community post with below instructions:“The "yes" button in the UAC prompt disappears when you try to open a program with administrative rights, but...
  6. Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator

Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator: I urgently require assistance. I had issues with UAC prompts and was in search for a solution for this where I came across a community post with below instructions:“The "yes" button in the UAC prompt disappears when you try to open a program with administrative rights, but...
  7. How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...: Windows 11 updated Windows 10 last year when it came out. Just installed all new updates today 4-11-2024, andnow it only shows that I must use Administraol Control with user ID and password, it never did that before.Please help. Now when I try to install an App, it always...
  8. How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...

How to remove Administrator Control and redo the Adminstrator account to be able to install...: Windows 11 updated Windows 10 last year when it came out. Just installed all new updates today 4-11-2024, andnow it only shows that I must use Administraol Control with user ID and password, it never did that before.Please help. Now when I try to install an App, it always...
  9. Cannot sign in after enabling built-in administrator account no accounts displayed at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in after enabling built-in administrator account no accounts displayed at startup: Hello,My issueI am running Windows 10 64-bit but I cannot sign in. Windows starts normally until sign in screen, where there are no accounts displayed. I see only the sign-in page background image and the menu options, with no account to click on.Here is what I did that...
  10. Cannot sign in after enabling built-in administrator account no accounts displayed at startup

Cannot sign in after enabling built-in administrator account no accounts displayed at startup: Hello,My issueI am running Windows 10 64-bit but I cannot sign in. Windows starts normally until sign in screen, where there are no accounts displayed. I see only the sign-in page background image and the menu options, with no account to click on.Here is what I did that...