Windows 10: Administrator command prompt greyed out

Discus and support Administrator command prompt greyed out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I just recently built a desktop computer it's running windows 10. the problem is there's only one account on it that's the administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kryt9, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Kryt9 Win User

Administrator command prompt greyed out

Hi guys, I just recently built a desktop computer it's running windows 10.
    the problem is there's only one account on it that's the administrator account that's me.
    I can run everything else as the administrator applications, settings, power shell ect.
    The administrator command prompt opens and the yes button works. But
    I can't type in it I just get beeps also the title administrator command prompt is greyed out.
    User command prompt works and power shell as administrator works too.
    I'd like to get the administrator command prompt working any help is appreciated.

:)

Kryt9, Dec 6, 2017

2. Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

When I do this step, it has a pop-up asking for administrator permission to open up the command prompt. Whenever I get that pop-up (since I lost administrator access), the button to give it access is greyed-out and unclickable

WrathOfRadnor, Dec 6, 2017
  3. Command Prompt Properties, "Enable ctrl key shortcuts" choice is greyed out and unable to be selected

Win 10 Pro -- Administrator, Command Prompt, Command Properties, Options, Edit Options, - "Enable ctrl key shortcuts" choice is ghosted (greyed out and unable to be selected). Only Edit options available are Quick edit and Insert Modes. How to remedy to
    allow cut and paste of shortcuts keys in command prompt screen?

JeffGelatka, Dec 6, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Use the keyboard to see if you can open administrator command prompt:
    Type:
    1) win + x (simultaneously)
    2) a
    3) alt + y (simultaneously)

Once administrative command prompt is open type or copy and paste:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) net user test /add
    6) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread7) shutdown /r
    8) sign on with the new user named test
    9) report into the thread whether the new user named test can or cannot launch or open administrative command prompt

zbook, Dec 6, 2017
  5. Kryt9 Win User
    zbook, thanks for your reply I was finally able to open and use the admin cmd prompt I used power shell in admin I will keep your suggestion in mind if it happens again.*Cool

Kryt9, Dec 6, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Administrator command prompt greyed out - Similar Threads - Administrator command prompt

2. Run as Administrator Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Administrator Greyed Out: I'm trying to fix some issues with some apps not opened/running and in the app properties, the 'Run as Administrator' option is greyed out and I can't tick it. Under my info in the account settings, I am labelled as Administrator so I'm defiantly logged into the right...
  3. Run as Administrator Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as Administrator Greyed Out: I'm trying to fix some issues with some apps not opened/running and in the app properties, the 'Run as Administrator' option is greyed out and I can't tick it. Under my info in the account settings, I am labelled as Administrator so I'm defiantly logged into the right...
  4. Run as Administrator Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Administrator Greyed Out: The option the tick the 'Run as Administrator' in app properties is greyed out. I'm logged into the Administrator account so I don't know why it's not letting me change it.Screenshot of the setting greyed out I am on Windows 10 Home version 22H2....
  5. Run as Administrator Greyed Out

Run as Administrator Greyed Out: The option the tick the 'Run as Administrator' in app properties is greyed out. I'm logged into the Administrator account so I don't know why it's not letting me change it.Screenshot of the setting greyed out I am on Windows 10 Home version 22H2....
  6. Administrator account greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator account greyed out: Hello, I have attached an image of the issue to this post if you would like to see.I logged into my computer today and tried to install a program. The program failed to install, claiming that I didn't have sufficient administrative privileges to access the installation...
  7. Administrator account greyed out

Administrator account greyed out: Hello, I have attached an image of the issue to this post if you would like to see.I logged into my computer today and tried to install a program. The program failed to install, claiming that I didn't have sufficient administrative privileges to access the installation...
  8. Command Prompts grayed out.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompts grayed out.: Command Prompts such as print, save, etc are grayed out. Unable to save or print document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompts-grayed-out/f1ded3b6-db66-4bde-bdf8-e5ff3490af5c
  9. Command Prompt Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Administrator: I am the Administrator but at the Command Prompt access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-administrator/4e28f118-973a-4b2a-a82e-0942312494b0
  10. Command Prompt as Administrator.

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt as Administrator.: How do I switch powershell in start menu to command prompt administrator. Henry. 87415

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen gets greyed out on admin prompt