Windows 10: administrator group

Discus and support administrator group in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I forget; how do i make my user a member of the administrator group? 8801 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Matt Siegel, Jul 22, 2015.

1. administrator group

I forget; how do i make my user a member of the administrator group?

:)

Matt Siegel, Jul 22, 2015

2. Installing printer drivers not sufficient priviledge

Are you able to confirm that you belong to the Administrators group on the PC by opening a command prompt and typing the following:

whoami

You will see the name of the account that your logged on as.

Then type in:

net localgroup administrators

A list of accounts that belong to the Administrators group will be listed, and if you are in the Admin Group, you should see your account name that was displayed under whoami. If the account name is not there then you are not part of the Administrators group.

pestell159, Jul 22, 2015
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Local group administrator password

is 'local group administrator' a user you or someone else has created? (if so Frederik has given you the answer)

or are you confusing it with the administrators group on the local computer which contains all users with administrative permissions?

the group does not have a password, the users do. when asked for local group administrator password, you can use any user from that group.

if you log on as an administrator you can change/reset the password of other local users.

if you have forgotten the password for a Microsoft account you can reset it
    here

Martmcd, Jul 22, 2015
Thema:

administrator group

1. administrator group - Similar Threads - administrator group

2. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?: I moved a user account to Administrator group from Users Group in my local machine. From this user account that is in administrator group, I am trying to create a Local GPO that hides a specific drive for administrator. I am able to create one but that policy is not affecting...
  3. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?: I moved a user account to Administrator group from Users Group in my local machine. From this user account that is in administrator group, I am trying to create a Local GPO that hides a specific drive for administrator. I am able to create one but that policy is not affecting...
  4. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Differences in local groups in windows 10/11: Administrator and advanced user.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Differences in local groups in windows 10/11: Administrator and advanced user.: What are the differences between the Administrator and Advance User groups?I cannot find any information about the "Advanced User" group in the Microsoft documentation.What privileges does a user added to this group have?...
  6. Differences in local groups in windows 10/11: Administrator and advanced user.

Differences in local groups in windows 10/11: Administrator and advanced user.: What are the differences between the Administrator and Advance User groups?I cannot find any information about the "Advanced User" group in the Microsoft documentation.What privileges does a user added to this group have?...
  7. Need administrative help adding a family member to a group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need administrative help adding a family member to a group: I sincerely and humbly ask for the Family Safety team's direct assistance with this issue.We have been trying to add accounts for the kids to our Microsoft Family group for the last few days. We finally managed to get most accounts accepted and in the group, except for one...
  8. Need administrative help adding a family member to a group

Need administrative help adding a family member to a group: I sincerely and humbly ask for the Family Safety team's direct assistance with this issue.We have been trying to add accounts for the kids to our Microsoft Family group for the last few days. We finally managed to get most accounts accepted and in the group, except for one...
  9. Need help administrative help adding a family member to a group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help administrative help adding a family member to a group: I sincerely and humbly ask for the Family Safety team's direct assistance with this issue.We have been trying to add accounts for the kids to our Microsoft Family group for the last few days. We finally managed to get most accounts accepted and in the group, except for one...
  10. Why can't I remove someone from my family group as the administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I remove someone from my family group as the administrator?: I am the administrator of my Microsoft Family Safety group and I can't remove my child from the group. We don't want family safety restrictions and I can't undo the Family Safety account. When i try to remove my child it says I am not the administrator or the adult, even...