Windows 10: administrator permissions/disabling options

Discus and support administrator permissions/disabling options in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Im sure you have all had this problem but it really is starting to get on my nerves. I wanted to move a shortcut to the start menu and as soon as i... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sea skimmer, Sep 23, 2016.

1. administrator permissions/disabling options

Im sure you have all had this problem but it really is starting to get on my nerves.

I wanted to move a shortcut to the start menu and as soon as i cut and paste i get the message,
    "you'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder-continue skip blah blah blah"

. I have disabled UAC. and don't see why as the only person using this computer and having full administrator rights i have to keep clicking this EVERY time i move a certain file or folder. Please help before i injure my computer.

:)

sea skimmer, Sep 23, 2016

2. how do i get rid of admin permission on my windows 10

Hi

You cannot disable Administration Permissions and Disabling a password is not recommended.

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 account

I have only one local user account.

Build-in administrator account is disabled in Windows.

If i need to escalate my permission there is no room for typing password because there is no administrator account (exists only one with user permissions.)

How to turn on the possibility to write login and admin pass and get administrator permission. Is it possible ? Do I need to reinstall Windows ? : (

ComputerUser02, Sep 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

administrator permissions/disabling options

dalchina, Sep 23, 2016
Thema:

administrator permissions/disabling options

1. administrator permissions/disabling options - Similar Threads - administrator permissions disabling

2. Administrator permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator permissions: Many functions with Windows 11 it states "you need administrator permission" to perform. I'm the sole administrator and appear to have all the permission I need. It's and extra step I don't need...
  3. Administrator permissions.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator permissions.: I have tried to give AP and when I open control panel to look for computer management, system tools, I don't see the local users and groups. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permissions/ca21bb17-e8e2-48a0-afc0-e0af3cfea297
  4. Administrative permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrative permission: I am trying to delete an old security program, Mcafee, on my laptop and I get the message that I need administrative permission. I am the only user on the laptop. How do I get rid of this unwanted software?...
  5. Administrative Permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrative Permission: I lost all administrative rights on my windows 10 PC; cant save a file, uninstall, modify or edit some documents. I have tried the options of gaining my permissions through cmd but all options not working still...please help out, can't literally use my PC anymore......
  6. Administrator Permission

Administrator Permission: How do I get administrator permission? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission/26f6efa3-b3bf-45af-8752-c2d1fbfa1a7a"
  7. Administrator Permission...

Administrator Permission...: Why do I need administrator permission if I'm the administrator? Tried to move some files and I needed to get administrator permission. Is there a way to make it so this no longer pops up? It's annoying and senseless. I've searched the internet and there is not info about...
  8. Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator Permissions: I own HP PROBBOK 440 G4 running windows 10. My issue is that sometimes while deleting any folder from my (generally video folders) it says you need to need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder and when i press continue new dialog box pop up says you...
  9. Administrative permission

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrative permission: I'm trying to install an Embrpodery program application that has several components. Three of the four components seem to install okay but when I get to the fourth I get a "installer has insufficient priveleges to access this directory. Log on as administrator or contact your...
  10. Permission for Administrators

Permission for Administrators: How to remove administrator restrictions on Windows pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-for-administrators/a0802907-759c-416b-b26a-cbfd5e05c232"