Windows 10: Administrator privlages

Discus and support Administrator privlages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 won't let me do anything that requires administrator privileges, which also restricts my downloading to one folder in a small hard drive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ParkerWentz1, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Administrator privlages

Windows 10 won't let me do anything that requires administrator privileges, which also restricts my downloading to one folder in a small hard drive. I checked my account details and it says I am an admin. I have troubleshooted so much and I'm just about ready to factory reset my pc. Please. Help. Me.

:)

ParkerWentz1, Jul 12, 2018

2. Lost Administrator Privlages

Hello,

I request you to log in to Microsoft account and follow the steps to
    enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Administrative rights(right click on Start and select).
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and convert the your user account to Administrator or you can create new user account.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 12, 2018
  3. Lost Administrator Privlages

Hi Danya,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.

Please refer to the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and convert the your user account to Administrator or you can create new user account.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Administrator privlages

Windows 10. how to mak yourself the administrator permantly

Doesn't the Administrator account have administrator privlage? How would creating a second profile superceded the administrators account?

Richard Beers, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Administrator privlages

1. Administrator privlages - Similar Threads - Administrator privlages

2. Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?: I am hoping someone can provide some help here.I have a few companies I provide IT for, with 70 employees each. I have been using Quick Assist to provide remote support but I'm encountering a problem.All my users are Standard users on their machines by default, so for...
  3. Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?: I am hoping someone can provide some help here.I have a few companies I provide IT for, with 70 employees each. I have been using Quick Assist to provide remote support but I'm encountering a problem.All my users are Standard users on their machines by default, so for...
  4. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...: I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the...
  5. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...: I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the...
  6. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

7. Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...

Not able to access Windows Firewall. "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some...: I resetted my pc completely by doing a cloud reset. I setted it up and downloaded mc afee. Today when I tried to join a minecraft server, it showed "Disconnected". After some research I found out that this is done because of the firewall. I tried to edit it but then the error...
  8. I started needing to provide administrative privlages for tasks like deleting and making a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I started needing to provide administrative privlages for tasks like deleting and making a...: I was downloading Proton VPN and accidentally set all the data to be downloaded to my desktop, now I need admin privileges to do basic tasks. I can do them since I'm the only administrator, but the pop-ups are annoying, anyone got a fix?...
  9. I started needing to provide administrative privlages for tasks like deleting and making a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I started needing to provide administrative privlages for tasks like deleting and making a...: I was downloading Proton VPN and accidentally set all the data to be downloaded to my desktop, now I need admin privileges to do basic tasks. I can do them since I'm the only administrator, but the pop-ups are annoying, anyone got a fix?...
  10. I started needing to provide administrative privlages for tasks like deleting and making a...