Windows 10: Administrator Rights Problem when Running Apps

Discus and support Administrator Rights Problem when Running Apps in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've been using Windows 10 for a few days now and everything was fine with admin rights: I could do whatever I wanted on the computer as an admin, and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ynhockey, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Ynhockey Win User

Administrator Rights Problem when Running Apps

I've been using Windows 10 for a few days now and everything was fine with admin rights: I could do whatever I wanted on the computer as an admin, and occasionally got UAC prompts when it was warranted.

However, yesterday I signed in with my Microsoft account for the first time, and now every app demands administrator rights: for example, when I launch HDD Guardian, it tells me: "Missed administrator rights! Some functions are not available and some data could be inaccurate." Similar problems happen with other benign apps like AIMP, etc.

I understand that for security, to do some things I need to run the app as an administrator, but this should not apply to all apps all the time, and indeed it wasn't the case before yesterday. Please help.

:)

Ynhockey, Aug 29, 2015
  2. uericg Win User

Nokia PC Suite 7 lost Nokia Software Updater link

Vista OS.

Run as Administrator.

Before running as administrator I clicked on the app and immediately received the "failed to start process" error. So I went to the folder, right clicked on the app, and chose Run as Administrator. No problem.

Also if I right clicked on PC Suite and chose Run as Administrator then all the apps within PC Suite will run without a problem. Not sure how to set the permissions so this does not have to be a manual process. Tried adding user, already an administrator, to
    the userlist for the file but did not work.

uericg, Aug 29, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    im old and stupid

You might be old, but stupid? I see no evidence for that.

Run your app with Administrator permissions:

• right-click on the app
    • select 'Run as administrator'
    • enter the password for an Administrator account when prompted.

BulldogXX, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

Administrator Rights Problem when Running Apps

1. Administrator Rights Problem when Running Apps - Similar Threads - Administrator Rights Problem

2. Problem with running apps as administrator in order for the apps to work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with running apps as administrator in order for the apps to work.: i constantly get the popup "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" and even if i press yes, the app doesnt open and it keeps showing the same popup, this happens to all apps that i try to run as administrator. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE ANSWER COMPLICATED,...
  3. Problem with running apps as administrator in order for the apps to work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with running apps as administrator in order for the apps to work.: i constantly get the popup "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" and even if i press yes, the app doesnt open and it keeps showing the same popup, this happens to all apps that i try to run as administrator. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE ANSWER COMPLICATED,...
  4. Problem with running apps as administrator in order for the apps to work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can’t right click and run as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can’t right click and run as administrator: Hi Even tried the built in administrator account, but when e.g.I right click on notepad and select run as administrator, nothing happens. Is there a solution to this ? Please thanks 179924
  6. Administrator Rights problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administrator Rights problem: I want to open a program that needs administrator rights to be opened, I go ahead and open it, but it says this: "To continue enter an admin user name and password". It doesn't have a text box or anything for me to log-in. Any possible way I could fix this? submitted by...
  7. Administrator Rights problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Administrator Rights problem.: I want to open a program that needs administrator rights to be opened, I go ahead and open it, but it says this: "To continue enter an admin user name and password". It doesn't have a text box or anything for me to log-in. Any possible way I could fix this?...
  8. Where is the option to enable the "Run as administrator" when right clicking on anything...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is the option to enable the "Run as administrator" when right clicking on anything...: The options is missing from the OS and I want to add it back. submitted by /u/bantheodor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g4t3gc/where_is_the_option_to_enable_the_run_as/
  9. Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem: Unfortunately it has happened that I lost the administrative rights on my computer and now I have only a user account. I am unable to retrieve this default administrator account due to the lack of privileges. All troubleshooting methods I tried to use failed because the drive...
  10. win 10 administrative rights problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    win 10 administrative rights problem: Hey, new to forum... I have a new laptop running win 10 home premium (new to win 10) and in settings I see my account with my name , local account and the word administrator under that. but when I try to edit a host file or change a reg key it denies me. and I do not see a...