Windows 10: administrator rights

Discus and support administrator rights in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have accidently turned my administrator account to standard user account, i have tried everything to change it back but the PC is not allowing me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vrushtijadhavar, Jul 26, 2018.

1. administrator rights

i have accidently turned my administrator account to standard user account, i have tried everything to change it back but the PC is not allowing me to do so. what should i do to get all my administrator rights back?

:)

vrushtijadhavar, Jul 26, 2018

2. Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 26, 2018
  3. DougS9614 Win User
    DougS9614, Jul 26, 2018
  4. administrator rights

No Administrator Rights On The PC (Windows 10)

Hi Fozia,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with command prompt by pressing the corresponding number.
    Step 2:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the other user account privileges to Administrator.

5. You may create new user account also and assign the administrative privileges to the account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

administrator rights

1. administrator rights - Similar Threads - administrator rights

2. Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?: I am hoping someone can provide some help here.I have a few companies I provide IT for, with 70 employees each. I have been using Quick Assist to provide remote support but I'm encountering a problem.All my users are Standard users on their machines by default, so for...
  3. Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to be able to use administrator rights when connected using quick assist. Is there a way?: I am hoping someone can provide some help here.I have a few companies I provide IT for, with 70 employees each. I have been using Quick Assist to provide remote support but I'm encountering a problem.All my users are Standard users on their machines by default, so for...
  4. Administrator rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator rights: HI @emmanuel SantanaI'm trying to update host file within: Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hostsI'm able to write within the the host file but I'm not able to replace the file as an administrator as per below snippet.Thanks in advance.Sergio...
  5. Administrator rights

Administrator rights: HI @emmanuel SantanaI'm trying to update host file within: Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hostsI'm able to write within the the host file but I'm not able to replace the file as an administrator as per below snippet.Thanks in advance.Sergio...
  6. Can I temporarily lower my administrator rights.........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I temporarily lower my administrator rights.........: ........from within my own account ? Can I then restore them ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-temporarily-lower-my-administrator-rights/29be38eb-21d1-403b-a6f2-46fe70d76207
  7. Can I temporarily lower my administrator rights.........

Can I temporarily lower my administrator rights.........: ........from within my own account ? Can I then restore them ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-temporarily-lower-my-administrator-rights/29be38eb-21d1-403b-a6f2-46fe70d76207
  8. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  9. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  10. My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand: I set up a local administrator on my laptop lenovo yoga slim 6, Windows 11 Home v 22H2 following the instructions given in Windows help - create normal user without ID account, then change this normal user to admin. I ran "manage-bde -status" in the command prompt to get the...