Windows 10: Administrator's privilege doesn't last long....

Discus and support Administrator's privilege doesn't last long.... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Since I struggled to remove malwares from my computer, I have had this problem. Even if I am an Administrator, usb memory or dvd cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maverick6664, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Administrator's privilege doesn't last long....

Hi all,

Since I struggled to remove malwares from my computer, I have had this problem.
    Even if I am an Administrator, usb memory or dvd cannot be recognized after 20-30 minutes. Then I cannot install/uninstall a software. I suspect I had damaged the registry or system files.

Now I am trying to install the current version of Win10 over the current one using my usb, but setup.exe aborts before installing Windows. It proceeds to License acknowledgement, calculation of free space, etc, but before installing, it aborts. Then I cannot access any usb or dvd.

What's wrong and what can I do?

I did this pure "Administrator" by making an Administrator account using "net user Administrator /active:yes" command, but even with this account, administrator's privilege doesn't last enough.....20-30 mins.

regards,

:)

maverick6664, Apr 30, 2017

2. Please login with administrator privileges and try again (Windows 10)

how to long administrator privileges

sadashivshwetha, Apr 30, 2017
  3. Aministrator privelages required But I am the administrator and sole User.

I had Skype for business app installed, but now it doesn't work an I cannot install a new copy as it claims I don't have administrator privileges. But I am the sole user on the machine, with Administrator privileges.

brianjones50, Apr 30, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Administrator's privilege doesn't last long....

I don't know what's wrong, but an in-place repair install would be the remedy I'd suggest. The upgrade you are attempting should also be effective. Unfortunately you loose sight of your USB part way through...

I suspect you are correct.

Obviously you can still see the HDD when the USB goes missing. Try copying the contents of your USB to a folder on your HDD and running Setup from there.

5. Hi Bree,

Thank you for reply.

Somehow just now installing from USB drive is going on w/o problem. I don't know why......now longer than 1 hour passed.
    I still have hopes.

But I wonder that if my registry were damaged it wouldn't help. If some files were damaged, it might help. That's the problem.

Anyway installing is going well.

Thank you very much.

maverick6664, Apr 30, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    A repair install of the same edition, or an upgrade as you are doing, doesn't just replace files. It will replace missing registry settings and reset invalid ones to their correct defaults. I expect you will have 'cured' your problem if your upgrade finishes successfully.

7. sygnus21 Win User
    Unless you've picked up some type of malware that disables the Administrator (Admin) account, Admin accounts don't disappear by themselves. They need some type of action either by a user locally or remotely to be disabled or removed.

Additionally, if this is that type of malware, it's possible it's also disabling both USB ports and DVD drives. If you suspect you have that type malware, my suggestion would be to wipe the machine and do a clean install.

Anyway thing that can remotely affect your admin accounts and or USB drives has the potential to do great harm, as well as steal any info placed on the machine.

All that said, when I first looked at your post I thought electrical issue. Have you been having unexpected shutdowns or reboots? That could be an electrical issue where even the slightest strain on resources.... using a DVD drive, or USB drive could cause an issue.

Either way I might do a clean install to rid the malware concern, and determine it's an electrical one. Ironically, if the electrical issue is there, you may run into it during the clean install process. It that happens, than you know you more than likely have an electrical issue.

My two cents.

sygnus21, Apr 30, 2017
  8. Administrator's privilege doesn't last long....

Thank you for suggestions.

Fortunately installation went successfully. I hope registry is fixed.
    I searched for malwares with Malwarebytes several times, so I don't think any more threats there.

Best regards,

maverick6664, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Administrator's privilege doesn't last long....

1. Administrator's privilege doesn't last long.... - Similar Threads - Administrator's privilege doesn't

2. Administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator privileges: Hi all, my laptop states I do not have administrator privileges. I checked under settings and it has my old email address I had to change as it had been hacked.I am unable to amend the email address as when I sign in with my new email and password it asks for the PIN number...
  3. Administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator privileges: Hi all, my laptop states I do not have administrator privileges. I checked under settings and it has my old email address I had to change as it had been hacked.I am unable to amend the email address as when I sign in with my new email and password it asks for the PIN number...
  4. Administrator Privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Privileges: How can I get administrator privileges for my Microsoft account on my PC? I went to setting - accounts - and there is no "Family/User Options" to click on to put my microsoft user name as an administrator. I need to download apps and the PC is blocking me on some of them...
  5. Administrator Privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator Privileges: I have been trying to get into my PC's admin account. I changed the PIN a while ago, and can't remember what it is. Is there a way to get into the administrator account without a password? I also have a kids' account on the computer I could get access to....
  6. administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator privileges: when I try to play a game I get a pop up that says administrator privileges denied how do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-privileges/a834187a-1f8b-4fbe-8c69-1c8f0a33bc41
  7. Administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator privileges: I am administrator on my computer. Why do I need permission from trustedinstaller, system or any other number of groups on my computer to modify, delete or otherwise make changes to my computer?...
  8. Administrator with no privileges?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator with no privileges?: I have an administrator account on windows 10 desktop. I have a program (MySQL workbench) that was installed, uninstalled, and some months later reinstalled because after all I do want to use it. The program according to MySQL forum did not uninstall some of the old files -...
  9. administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    administrative privileges: Running Windows 10 with latest updates and am attempting to execute "netsh wlan show wlanreport" from comand prompt. I go to start menu, select command prompt, right click it, and select "run as administrator". From the resulting command prompt, I can execute various NETSH...
  10. administrator privileges...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator privileges...: I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result of this is that I now have...