Windows 10: How do I delete all accounts including administrator and create new ones

Discus and support How do I delete all accounts including administrator and create new ones in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do I delete all accounts including administrator and create new ones... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by HaDe sLicK, Aug 4, 2019.

1. How do I delete all accounts including administrator and create new ones

How do I delete all accounts including administrator and create new ones

:)

HaDe sLicK, Aug 4, 2019

2. delete microsoft account from built in administrator account

Hi,

The delete option will not be available if you only have one account logged in on your device. In order to delete the built in administrator account, we suggest that you create another admin account. For a step-by-step guide, click this

link

Once you're done, login using the new account. The Delete the account option will be available under
    User accounts.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Unable to change my account type to Administrator and cant create a new account.

Hi Aadil,

I suggest you to activate Default Administrator and try creating a new Account with Administrative privileges. Try the below steps and check if you can create a new Account.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin).

• Type the following command and hit
      Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

Now, sign out from the current account and you will be able to see a new Administrator account. Sign in to the new Administrator Account and you may create
    a new user account
    with administrative privileges. You can also change the current local user account to Administrator Account. Follow the below steps to change the current local user account to Administrator Account.

• Begin by right-clicking the
      Start Icon of Windows, then click Control Panel.

• Then under User Accounts and Family Safety, click
      Change Account Type.

• Then choose the account you wish to change, and double-click it.

• Then click on Change Account Type.

• Then choose the Account Type you want the user to be, you can choose between Standard and Administrator.

• Click on Change Account Type.

After creating the new user account or changing the current account to Administrator Account, use the following command at the command prompt (as mentioned above) to disable the default administrator account:

net user administrator /active:no

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Deleting an Local Administrator Account

Welcom to TenForums @Shahjahan

OK, let's get this problem clearly defined.

You say you created a local administrator account, you also talk about your 'original' account. Can you tell us which is which in the images you posted? You also say you followed the steps in the article. That would have enabled the built-in Administrator account.

Your first screenshot shows a gmail account with the name obscured. This would be a Microsoft account as it has an email address as its name. I assume this is the one you call 'original'.

The second screenshot shows the built-in Administrator account. This is a system account, it cannot ever be deleted as is a necessary part of Windows. You cannot create an account named 'Administrator' either, this is a reserved name, along with others like 'Guest', so that is NOT the account you think you created.

It would appear you have just the two active accounts, your original one with the gmail name and the built-in Administrator. What was the name of the local account you thought you had created?

To see a full list of all the accounts on your system, whether enabled for log in or not, open a Command Prompt (Admin) and type the command net users

You will see your user accounts, along with a number of other accounts used by the system. Administrator, DefaultAccount and Guest are built-in accounts, WDAGUtilityAccount is used by Windows Defender in version 1803, but may not exist in earlier versions. Any other names are your user accounts.

For each user account, type the command net user accountname (using each actual name instead of 'accountname'). Only accounts that say 'Account active Yes' will be visible in the screenshots you posted.

It may be that the account you tried to create is not active/enabled, if so, you need to make it active (as you did for Administartor) before you can manage it in Settings.

Thema:

1. How do I delete all accounts including administrator and create new ones - Similar Threads - delete accounts including

2. How Can I Create A New Administrator Account or Enable The Built-In One On A Drive Locked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Create A New Administrator Account or Enable The Built-In One On A Drive Locked...: Here is the situation:I have been tasked with repairing a laptop that has BitLocker enabled, unbeknownst to the owner who is unfamiliar with the technology. The device was previously on a domain but has since been removed and is now on a Workgroup. A local account was...
  3. How Can I Create A New Administrator Account or Enable The Built-In One On A Drive Locked...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Create A New Administrator Account or Enable The Built-In One On A Drive Locked...: Here is the situation:I have been tasked with repairing a laptop that has BitLocker enabled, unbeknownst to the owner who is unfamiliar with the technology. The device was previously on a domain but has since been removed and is now on a Workgroup. A local account was...
  4. My administrator account is gone and I can't create a new one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My administrator account is gone and I can't create a new one.: My administrator account is gone and I can't create a new one. My profile is still in the Users folder, but it does not show up for log on or to change the user. Only my wife's profile, which is a standard one. I have tried to create a new administrator profile, but when I go...
  5. My administrator account is gone and I can't create a new one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My administrator account is gone and I can't create a new one.: My administrator account is gone and I can't create a new one. My profile is still in the Users folder, but it does not show up for log on or to change the user. Only my wife's profile, which is a standard one. I have tried to create a new administrator profile, but when I go...
  6. My administrator account is gone and I can't create a new one.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How do I create a new account with the same email as the old one?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I create a new account with the same email as the old one?: My microsoft account language is set to Thai, and I would like it to be English. Browsing the threads, it looks like this is not possible, and I'm not the only one who has had this problem. I can set the display language, but all emails, including security emails, are sent in...
  8. I am unable to create administrator account at all

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am unable to create administrator account at all: Hi, I tried all possible ways to create or change the account type to administrator and I could not. Every time I get a tab mentioning to make changes you need to enter password as administrator with 'No' as option. I could not see 'Yes' option. I tried all possible ways and...
  9. How do i delete an administrator account?

How do i delete an administrator account?: Hi, I have set up a new Inspiron but now wish to change the administrator and delete the old profile. How do i do this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-an-administrator-account/27bfb4b8-f9c9-4fad-a147-5b32e82a1454
  10. Delete old administrator and create new one

Delete old administrator and create new one: My 90 year old father cannot use his computer anymore and does not have any idea what his administrator password was. He does not want the computer, so he gave it to me. I need to change him out as the administrator to me. How can I do this? Do I need to take the computer to...