Windows 10: Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.4 won't open.

Discus and support Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.4 won't open. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There is no problem with 4.0.3. However after I click the Digital Edition 4.5.4 shortcut, the mouse cursor become a loading blue circle for a while,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ztartennery, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.4 won't open.

There is no problem with 4.0.3. However after I click the Digital Edition 4.5.4 shortcut, the mouse cursor become a loading blue circle for a while, and nothing happen.

My OS is Windows 10 creator update 15063.138.

Will next Windows update solve this problem?

:)

ztartennery, Apr 21, 2017

2. Can't Open Adobe Digital Editions with Windows 10

Adobe Digital Editions (for Nook) won't open in Windows 10. At least they JUST NOW fixed I can open my Hotmail email account in Windows 10 when I couldn't before. Why won't Adobe Digital Editions open in Windows 10?

Green Cheese, Apr 21, 2017
  3. Can't open a downloaded file with Adobe Digital Editions

I need to open an acsm file with Adobe Digital Editions, but when I click on it, I get the following message:

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC could not open the acsm file because it is not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged...

It seems like my computer automatically tries to open this file with Acrobat Reader, even though I have downloaded Adobe Digital Editions already (I think I mistakenly picked Acrobat Reader several weeks back when I downloaded Digital Editions on and now
    I can't reverse it)

When I click on the file to use the "Open with" command, I don't get the option to open with Digital Editions (I clicked on "choose another app" --- More Apps--- Choose an App on this PC", but I can't seem to locate the Adobe Digital Editions app, for some
    reason. The window asks for a specific file name and I can't choose an app). How do I fix this?

Thanks

NinaLola06, Apr 21, 2017
  4. Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.4 won't open.

Hi ztartennery

I don't think anyone is going to say yes or no. It could very well be something in Windows or it could be something in the implementation of DE 4.5.4, either at the machine level or the overall build.

Have you tried checked out the Adobe forums? If it is related to Windows I think there would be plenty of people reporting.

You may also wish to try a clean boot and then see if DE 4.5.4 acts the same on your machine. There is a procedure in the tutorials to perform a clean boot.

Whenever I diagnose issues I like to have a plan "B". I would have my data backed up, bootable media on hand and it wouldn't hurt to have an Image. (Macrium Reflect is free with instructions found in the tutorials.)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 22, 2017
Thema:

Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.4 won't open.

1. Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.4 won't open. - Similar Threads - Adobe Digital Edition

2. 4 digit pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4 digit pin: to login to my Microsoft account, I have to type in a pin but it's a 4-digit pin and i only have six-digit pins and the requirements of the pin have to be six, but I can only type to 4 before it says its incorrect. how do I fix this...
  3. 4 digit pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4 digit pin: to login to my Microsoft account, I have to type in a pin but it's a 4-digit pin and i only have six-digit pins and the requirements of the pin have to be six, but I can only type to 4 before it says its incorrect. how do I fix this...
  4. Windows 4-digits PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 4-digits PIN: Hi,I couple of days ago, during my work assignment in another state, I lost my laptop Windows 10 on it.The laptop has a Windows 4-digits PIN when I use it last time, I remember that I put it on sleep.When I got back home, I run the Windows "Find My Device" tab and I found my...
  5. Как поставить 5:4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Как поставить 5:4: у меня на ноутбуке панель управления нвидиа урезана.За многое отвечает интел. Я хочу создать кастомное разрешение1350х1080, так что решил создать кастомное разрешение через панель интел. но там я вижу следующее,решил сделать это через "новую" панель интел здесь получаю кое...
  6. Hearts of iron 4 Cadet edition and Stellaris won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hearts of iron 4 Cadet edition and Stellaris won't launch: I downloaded hoi4 and stellaris using the games pass on the Microsoft store but when i launch them i get this "general error". When i click on more details it says {"messageid":"game.microsoftGrdkinitializationFailed"} How do i fix this?...
  7. Adobe Digital Editions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adobe Digital Editions: I have two identical ACER desktops running the same version of Windows 10 with the same latest updates. On one desktop, ADE would not open, no matter how I tried. Multiple uninstalls, cold boots, re installs, ADE 4.5.10 would not open. On the second desktop, ADE 4.5.10...
  8. Adobe digital editions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe digital editions: Once again the latest download from MS has caused my Adobe Digital Editions to stop allowing my ereader from opening library books. Latest download was Version 1809 x 64 - KB4489899. Library books can be downloaded to the adobe and then downloaded to the kobo ereader but...
  9. Problem with Adobe Digital Edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem with Adobe Digital Edition: I always have problems with Adobe Digital Edition because it freezes or sometimes doesn’t want to download properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-adobe-digital-edition/0bd8381d-5b48-413c-a902-132e47505233"
  10. Adobe Digital Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Digital Edition: ADE has been a long standing problem. This time it doesn't even download properly. When can we hope for a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-digital-edition/1e1fb809-e7b7-4a93-bf66-093b001e62b9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adobe digital editions wont open

2. digital editions wont open windows 10

3. digital editions wont launch

4. adobe digital edition wont open