Windows 10: Adobe Flash Question

Discus and support Adobe Flash Question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer has been running really slow lately, regardless of which browser I'm using, Edge, IE11 or Firefox. Sometimes when I type it takes a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bigfoot, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Bigfoot Win User

Adobe Flash Question

My computer has been running really slow lately, regardless of which browser I'm using, Edge, IE11 or Firefox. Sometimes when I type it takes a couple of seconds for the letters to show on the screen. Simple pictures are slow to appear, etc.

I've been looking around my computer, although I always hesitate to make any changes because my computer knowledge is little and I have nobody in my home to help if there's a problem.

I thought maybe it was a weird update causing the slowdown, so I looked at update history on my Windows 10 computer. It showed several recent updates for Adobe Flash Player. I didn't even think I had Adobe Flash, because sometimes I get a notice when wanting to see a certain video that I need to install it.....I never wanted to install it really, or go by what a video was telling me to do.

So, then I went to Programs and Features to see the Adobe Flash Player, and I don't see it there at all. My question is why am I getting these updates downloaded to my computer if I don't even have Adobe? Will it do any harm to delete these updates?

Do you think they have anything to do with my computer running slow, do you think they may contain a virus or something?

:)

Bigfoot, Nov 5, 2017

2. Adobe Flash Question

At the 2011 Mobile World Congress, Microsoft held Developers' Day Seminars. In one of the talks presented by Microsoft's Joe Marini, Principal Program Manager, Windows Phone, Joe spoke about IE9 on Windows Phone:

"So the question is, are we going to support Flash in IE9 for Windows Phone. We are working with Adobe, but it has not yet been decided the last time I checked--part of that is Adobe doing what they have to do and we're doing
    what we have to do. The last I checked the team is working with them but I don't think they have any announcement whether it's going to definitely work or not."

Like @Travelor said, Adobe has been slow to support the Mobile World in general, but appears to be slowly moving forward. So for now, there's no definitive date set, but I remain optimistically hopeful! Adobe Flash Question :)

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Nov 5, 2017
  3. Travelor Win User
    Adobe Flash Question

Hello,

It is less a WP7 issue and More an Adobe Flash Issue - Adobe has been slow to support the Mobile world and seem to be kicking and screaming the whole way as customer demand has become a loud roar..

Android is the first suspected release of Adobe Flash and WP7 probably won't be too far behind.

In Peace and Agape,

Trav...

Travelor, Nov 5, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

Adobe Flash Question

The DUMBEST(as in security) thing Microsoft ever did way embed(integrate) Adobe Flash Player into Windows 10*Eek
    In their wisdom(?) they thought it better this way, so it would be updated, as many users in the past didn't update their standalone version.
    As it's only for IE & Edge, you can turn it off there.
    In IE, go to Manage add-ons select all add-ons and turn off shock wave player:

Adobe Flash Question [​IMG]

In Edge:

Cliff S, Nov 5, 2017
  5. Bigfoot Win User
    Thanks Cliff, so I guess I can delete these Adobe updates and make the changes you suggest. Would this have anything to do with my computer running slow?

Do you use Adobe Flash Player? Do you think the majority of members here have it?

Bigfoot, Nov 5, 2017
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Everyone running Windows 10 has Adobe Flash Player.
    I personally have always kept Flash Player off until I need it(click to play), to avoid those obnoxious(and sometimes malware injected) Flash ads.

As to who uses it, depends on two things:
    • how security conscious they are,
    • or is it required for a site they need to use, and so have no choice(like for banking, government, insurance site and other initiations that do not/have not updated to newer web standards).

I doubt it is the reason why your slow down though.
    I have noticed that lately Chrome(which is my backup browser) is very sluggish since the Fall Update, but Edge & IE11 run well as always. Now if I were to wear a tin foil hat.... hmmmmm???

But you could try running the following batch command in an admin command prompt and see if it finds anything(if it does reboot and run it again, sometimes you need to do this a few times until things get fixed):

fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\&fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:&Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase&pause

Cliff S, Nov 5, 2017
  7. MrHudson Win User
    You can find Flash Player 32bit in control panel, its integrated in browsers is why its not listed in programs.

MrHudson, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Adobe Flash Question

1. Adobe Flash Question - Similar Threads - Adobe Flash Question

2. Adobe Flash

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe Flash: Now that Adobe is no longer supporting "Flash" is there a replacement for it for my Windows 10 version 1909 system? I thank you for your advice! *Smile 172562
  3. adobe flash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adobe flash: adobe flash will not let me download for microsoft edge. so i can play my games it say close chrome even when chrome not open fed up with you might just delete this browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash/7c44733d-d983-46df-963e-9d932a0dc0e2
  4. adobe flash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    adobe flash: lost adobe flash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash/ce0d44d8-4432-4ba8-ba78-b7e6fecc7f03
  5. Adobe Flash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adobe Flash: Why doesn't Adobe Flash stay on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash/4603b650-8d46-4a81-bb08-d2120fb53a84
  6. Adobe Flash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe Flash: Adobe flash installed by Windows 10 at factory. Suddenly it shows up disabled. Followed all instructions, still not working. EXTREMELY frustrating and have literally wasted hours trying to correct. Any new ideas?...
  7. adobe flash

adobe flash: If adobe flash is discontinued 2020, what can I use on royal games which depends on adobe flash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash/e79071ab-a00b-40da-a659-09d9c7de804c
  8. adobe flash

adobe flash: I cant stream any videos (youtube, vimeo, etc) nor audio (spotify) with any of my browsers. I usually use edge. adobe flash is enabled but it seems to be unresponsive any help? thank you!...
  9. Adobe Flash

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash: I completed the download of 14295 with no problem yesterday. Today I keep receiving pop ups that say ADOBE FLASH HAS CRASHED Where does this come from???????????????????? 45869
  10. Adobe Flash

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash: I keep getting a notice from Adobe Flash stating that I need to install a critical update in W10 Preview 9879. But it cannot be installed, see attachment. Has anyone else had this problem ? and should one need to download Flash in W10. 3368