Windows 10: Adobe flash update keep asking for restart

Discus and support Adobe flash update keep asking for restart in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello So There's an adobe flash update today (KB4051613), but i'm unable to install it. Not because it failed, but everytime after i restarted, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Zooasaurus, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Adobe flash update keep asking for restart

Hello
    So There's an adobe flash update today (KB4051613), but i'm unable to install it. Not because it failed, but everytime after i restarted, it won't install and just shows "Update needs restart to install" in the Update History. I'm still unable to install it. Updating manually from catalog also produce result like that. How do i fix this?
    I haven't got the 1709 so i'm still using 1703

:)

Zooasaurus, Nov 2, 2017
  2. John Fer Win User

Adobe Flash Player update keep asking for restart

Hello,

We suggest using the Windows update troubleshooter to help you with your concern. This will resolve conflicts
    and incompatibility issues that you are experiencing.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Nov 2, 2017
  3. ChandriaNicole, Nov 2, 2017
  4. Adobe flash update keep asking for restart

Hi Zooasaurus. Welcome to the TenForums @Zooasaurus

First thing I would do is run Update Troubleshooter found in Settings, Updates and security, Trouble Shooters. Run as admin if option presented.

If that doesn't fix I would run the Windows Update Reset. You will lose history view.

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 2, 2017
  5. Thanks Ken
    When should i run the troubleshooter? Before or after restart? Or before check update?
    Reset WU usually won't work in my experience as it'll fail when trying to stop wuauserv

Zooasaurus, Nov 4, 2017
  6. I would just run the trouble shooter.

Sounds like you have some other underlying problem.

What does

sfc /scannow

yield?

If you could also please post version and build number

Windows key +R, type winver, enter

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Adobe flash update keep asking for restart

1. Adobe flash update keep asking for restart - Similar Threads - Adobe flash update

2. Windows 10 asking me to update adobe flash player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 asking me to update adobe flash player: I’m in latest version of windows 10 version 21H1 OS Bulid: 19043.1110, few months ago I heard that Microsoft killed adobe flash player. But the windows showing me update or it will automatically update its self. What to do now...
  3. Windows 10 Asking me to update adobe flash player

Windows 10 Asking me to update adobe flash player: I’m in latest version of windows 10 version 21H1 OS Bulid: 19043.1110, few months ago I heard that Microsoft killed adobe flash player. But the windows showing me update or it will automatically update its self. What to do now...
  4. Windows 10 asking me to update adobe flash player

Windows 10 asking me to update adobe flash player: I’m in latest version of windows 10 version 21H1 OS Bulid: 19043.1110, few months ago I heard that Microsoft killed adobe flash player. But the windows showing me update or it will automatically update its self. What to do now...
  5. Adobe Flash Update?

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash Update?: Keep getting a notification that Adobe Flash needs Update in new Edge, Build 19041.....this locks screen....use Ctrl+Alt+Del to close Edge. Have checked for infection with Defender, Mbam, Adwcleaner, and Hitman Pro.....all confirm clean..... Do not have active Adobe...
  6. Adobe Flash Player Update

Adobe Flash Player Update: Doesn't Windows do Adobe Flash Player updates anymore? I used to get the standard update every month along with the Cumulative update but that hasn't happened since September. [ATTACH]...
  7. Adobe Flash Player updates

Adobe Flash Player updates: I have several "Adobe Flash Player" updates that require a restart. After a restart they still do not install. This does not work. None will install. What can I do. Using Windows 10....
  8. Adobe Flash / Microsoft Updates

Adobe Flash / Microsoft Updates: Recently I've noticed the all of the W10 1607 machines I admin are refusing to upgrade from 29.0.0.171 to 30.0.0.113 nor 30.0.0.134. This applies to only the ActiveX component. In fact the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx shows version 29.0.0.171. I have...
  9. Adobe flash updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Adobe flash updates: So updates to flash were released yesterday - quite a while ago yet Windows 10 still hasn't mirrored these when checking for updates. I find Adobe incredibly annoying with its constant need to update but surely if MS is going to integrate the updates as part of its OS it...
  10. Windows keeps trying to install adobe flash update...........

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows keeps trying to install adobe flash update...........: I dont have adobe flash on my laptop, how do i stop this annoying update from trying to install on my laptop? Everytime i reboot it tries to install it and fails it's getting pretty frustrating now. It keeps writing itself on my registry too it's very annoying as i DONT...