Windows 10: Adobe pdf reader or browsers replaced it ?

Discus and support Adobe pdf reader or browsers replaced it ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm new to Win 10. I did a search in here and noticed that some browsers, and software other than Adobe Reader are now used instead. I am looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimjoe, Oct 15, 2016.

1. jimjoe Win User

Adobe pdf reader or browsers replaced it ?

I'm new to Win 10. I did a search in here and noticed that some browsers, and software other than Adobe Reader are now used instead.

I am looking for a pdf reader/viewer that can handle over 50 pages, lots of colors as in game maps, differing fonts. The one I saw on cnet, for Win10, was for pdfs of a small number of pages.

I am not always online, so Adobe Reader DC, when I tried it, said it couldn't reach some server. I have no desire to deal with that and will very likely be uninstalling it.

Would Adobe Reader 11, multilingual, work as a pdf reader/viewer ? I presume it can be installed with a particular language so I can read the menus. My language of choice is English.

Thank you for your help.

:)

jimjoe, Oct 15, 2016

2. Will Windows 10 be as incomplete as 8 and 8.1?

The built in PDF reader which is now handled by Microsoft Edge web browser is not a complete replacement for Adobe Reader. So as suggested, continue using Adobe Reader.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 15, 2016
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    Problems opening PDF in Edge

My recommendation is that you do not try to open pdf files in Edge, nor in any other browser. The best place to open them is in a pdf reader. Even though Adobe Reader is the most popular pdf reader, I recommend the free Foxit reader (Free PDF Reader & PDF Viewer Download | Foxit Software),
    which I think is much better than Adobe Reader.

Ken Blake, Oct 15, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

If you don't install any pdf reader Windows 10's default reader is Microsoft Edge. Have you tried it out to see if Edge does all you want? You may not need a third-party reader after all.

Edit: I've just tried Edge on a 374 page pdf manual, handled that alright.

5. Beowulf1 Win User
    If you just want to read pdf and donot want to comment in it you should use sumatra pdf. It is small in size and does support .epub besides .pdf. If you want to comment adobe reader dc or foxit pdf reader will be correct for you. And yes adobe reader 11 will do your work too.

Beowulf1, Oct 15, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Oct 15, 2016
  7. MPSAN Win User
    What about Nitro Reader Free? It works very well! Just search for it. I used the 64 bit version.

MPSAN, Oct 15, 2016
  8. Mystere Win User

Adobe Reader DC does not require you to connect to any server, unless you mean installing. When you install, you download a stub that when you run it, it installs the rest of the app, so needs to be connected to the internet for that. However, this is a one time thing. In addition, you can download a full installer as well at this link:

Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Mystere, Oct 16, 2016
  9. jimjoe Win User
    Well, it did tell me it couldn't find some server, after I installed DC. I've uninstalled it.

I'll try some of the others including Adobe 11. I don't need to edit any pdfs, although that might come in handy in the future for my d&d and Traveller sites.

jimjoe, Oct 16, 2016
  10. jimjoe Win User
    I did try Edge... that solid mass of color hurt my eyes.

jimjoe, Oct 16, 2016
  11. Mystere Win User
    I would re-install and address the actual issue, which you are free to post about here. Reader DC should work just fine disconnected from the internet after the first install.

Mystere, Oct 16, 2016
  12. jimjoe Win User
    Well, maybe after I have finished installing all of the software I was using on my Vista and Win 8.1 computers. My connection may have been flaky during the install... but that was mostly an hour later. I'm not going to worry about it. But thanks for asking.

jimjoe, Oct 16, 2016
  13. MPSAN Win User

...and did you look into Nitro Reader Free?

MPSAN, Oct 16, 2016
  14. jimjoe Win User
    I downloaded both Nitro and sumatra. I tried sumatra. I haven't had a chance to try Nitro yet.

jimjoe, Oct 16, 2016
  15. MPSAN Win User
    Great. Nitro Free, I believe, is now at version 5. Anyway, I believe it does almost everything that the paid version does, and I use it. My wife uses the paid Nitro Pro version and that is how I know the free version is almost as complete..

MPSAN, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Adobe pdf reader or browsers replaced it ? - Similar Threads - Adobe pdf reader

2. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  3. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser: I have set Acrobat Reader as default application to open PDF files.When I double-click a PDF file in Windows explorer this works. It also works when I open PDF file in my OneDrive folder using Windows Explorer.However: when I go online to my OneDrive folder and click it, it...
  4. Open PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of browser

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cant print to PDF with adobe reader

Cant print to PDF with adobe reader: Hi, When i am at work i try to print to PDF...but it wont do it, and just shows a box saying that my license doesnt allow me to do this. Do you know how to get round this?
  6. Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader

Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader: Can someone give me some insight into this issue? I installed Kaspersky Internet Security software on my computer. When I click on the Adobe Acrobat Reader icon on my desktop, I get a window that says, "Windows cannot find "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader...
  7. Adobe (Pdf) Reader

Adobe (Pdf) Reader: Hello, I think the following is not a windows 10 problem, but I will ask for help anyway.When I receive by mail any pdf document and open it just to read it, on closing the file I am asked if I want to save the changes..., but I did nothing to change anything.Searched the...
  8. Adobe (Pdf) Reader

Adobe (Pdf) Reader: Hello, On my pc is installed Adobe pdf reader, it is updated and keeps updating automaticly. Recently when I double click on a pdf document (any), it opens ok, but when I close it by clicking on the X at the upper right corner, it always asks if I want to save the changes I...
  9. Adobe (Pdf) Reader

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe (Pdf) Reader: Hello, On my pc is installed Adobe pdf reader, it is updated and keeps updating automaticly. Recently when I double click on a pdf document (any), it opens ok, but when I close it by clicking on the X at the upper right corner, it always asks if I want to save the changes I...
  10. Adobe PDF Reader Doesn't Open

Adobe PDF Reader Doesn't Open: I recently installed the adobe PDF reader. When I open the program it says the file is corrupted and will find a solution, will close. I have uninstalled and reinstalled didn't solve the program. The reader is set as the default. How do I solve problem? Thanks in advance. 56036

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adobe pdf problems in browsers