Windows 10: Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Incompatible with W10?

Discus and support Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Incompatible with W10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to install my trusty CS2 into W10 in a VM but it didn't want to play, CS3 on the other hand installed without a hitch. I was just wondering if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Boozad, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Boozad Win User

Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Incompatible with W10?

I tried to install my trusty CS2 into W10 in a VM but it didn't want to play, CS3 on the other hand installed without a hitch. I was just wondering if anyone had successfully installed CS2 in W10 yet? Or even tried?

:)

Boozad, Apr 17, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Apr 17, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How to open 80d raw on windows 10

80d Raw images are not supported in PS9 (CS2), only in Photoshop CC, you can however download the free Adobe DNG Converter.

I hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Apr 17, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I think I have of CS2 somewhere.. If I find it I'll try to install it and report what happens.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 17, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    Thanks Jeff, much appreciated mate.

Boozad, Apr 17, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Well, I just installed the free copy I got.. it's no longer maintained by Photoshop so they're giving it away. It's CS2 ver 9.0 and it installed and works just fine, for me at least.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 17, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    I'll have to try again, maybe it's the VM environment that's affecting it somehow. Thanks for doing that Jeff, at least I know my old trusty piece of software will work for me on RTM. *Smile

Boozad, Apr 17, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Not a problem.. and thanks for reminding me of CS2.. I downloaded a copy and I can use it.

BunnyJ, Apr 17, 2015
  9. Vladimir Win User
    Thanks for the heads up ! It worked nicely for me in build 10056.

Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Incompatible with W10? [​IMG]

*Smile

Vladimir, Apr 19, 2015
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

CS2 works fine in a VM too --It's now "Abandonware" so you can se it as a "Freebie". Incidentally if you don't need all the modern bells and whistles and don't need the latest camera RAW support you can still keep .PSD format -- use your camera software to get RAW onto say TIFF and then you can use photoshop CS2 even on Uncompressed images.

90% of what most people use (or even 99%) probably is sufficient in CS2.

Works OK in build 10061 too.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 27, 2015
  11. I'm having severe problems with the files downloaded from Adobe. First, the directories they have setup to unpack the files are different names (when it ask for disk 2 it can't find the rest of the install using the directories they insert). I think I got around that, but still installs nothing, just like it did from the original disks which couldn't verify and said my 30 days was up and had to be verified before I could use it.
    I've tried using multiple compatibility modes to no avail, shared components is all that seems to install.
    I'm wondering if the original install that said it couldn't be used until it was verified is somehow getting in the way by having left something in the registry?
    Hate not having restore as it had before, especially on a laptop where I've had to have the "file history" drive disconnected, so I can only go back I guess to the last time it was connected, which was 2 months ago.
    Thinking of using registry editor to eliminate all references to CS2

dwgibson2000, Sep 30, 2015
  12. ellenc Win User
    My Cs 2 kept on freezing since changing to Windows 10 .
    I have downloaded it again from Adobe but this one is not responding at all. the screen looks right with everything in the right place but that's it.
    Help please, I checked the driver of my video card but that is updated.
    I'm on a laptop Samsung R530.

ellenc, Nov 24, 2015
  13. NEURO2015 Win User

During everyone's travels with CS2 & CS3, has anyone confirmed or read that CS4 will work with Win10 Pro x64? I'm currently running CS4 on my Win 8.1 Pro x64, but concerns about CS4 making the leap to Win10 have kept me from upgrading. Thanx.

NEURO2015, Feb 21, 2016
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    Read.. no but I would think it would

BunnyJ, Feb 21, 2016
  15. NEURO2015 Win User
    I think it would too, but since my work depends on CS4, I want to be sure before I grind my gears doing the upgrade. Murphy's Law is just waiting to rear its ugly head on me, which would mean downgrading back to Win8.1 if CS4 doesn't work in 10.

NEURO2015, Feb 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Incompatible with W10? - Similar Threads - Adobe Photoshop CS2

2. Installing Photoshop CS2 on Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Photoshop CS2 on Win 10: My old Win 7 64 computer suddenly died and I now have a Win 10 computer and I'm trying to install my old Photoshop program CS2 from the disk but get this notice: failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application log or use the...
  3. Installing Photoshop CS2 on Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Photoshop CS2 on Win 10: My old Win 7 64 computer suddenly died and I now have a Win 10 computer and I'm trying to install my old Photoshop program CS2 from the disk but get this notice: failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application log or use the...
  4. Adobe Photoshop Elements 10

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10: I am running Windows 10 and Elements has pretty much quit working. For example: I want to magnify a section of an image to use the clone stamp tool. Elements doesn't even respond. Do I need to procure a new version of Photoshop? Bob Kukla...
  5. Adobe CS2 Quicktime Player on Windows 10?

Adobe CS2 Quicktime Player on Windows 10?: Hello! I have downloaded - we need it for the training - Adobe CS2. The installation wizard now says that I would need QuickTime 6... Do I need this if I want to use it on my LspTop with Windows 10? Or do I need to download any alternative to Quicktime? Thanks again...
  6. Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop: Why are Adobe Photoshop or Creative Cloud apps not in the Microsoft store? In order to download photoshop I would have to switch out of S mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-photoshop/91e72686-c622-4007-95de-b6f0a6136063
  7. Adobe Photoshop CS5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Photoshop CS5: I use Photoshop CS5 and have had no problems previously. It was loaded on a laptop running Win10 however this failed and I purchased a new one. On trying to load CS5 the autoplay / autorun fails to start. Apparently this is due to a "Digital Signature" and "Windows Signed...
  8. Adobe Photoshop CS3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe Photoshop CS3: Windows 7 support is coming to an end, so I bought a Dell with Windows 10 and downloaded my Adobe photoshop CS3 installation disc and it downloaded but it will not open. The message is "Adobe photoshop CS3 is not responding". Thanks, Mike...
  9. Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop: I'm having problems. Anything i do on PS, i get this: I thought edits were suppose to be "instant" instead of taking forever to do? I have an 8-core processor and 16GB of RAM. I should not be having this problem. [img] 114670
  10. Upgrade from W7 to W10, Photoshop CS6 incompatible!?

Upgrade from W7 to W10, Photoshop CS6 incompatible!?: Why is it that Illustrator, Blender, Acad, Inventor and Solidworks are not on the issue list but PS is? [img] Thing is, I did this upgrade not 4 hours ago on my laptop going from W8.1 to W10 and it didn't give me that incompatibility bs at all. PS worked just fine after...