Windows 10: Adobe Reader 11 or Adobe DC

Discus and support Adobe Reader 11 or Adobe DC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having Adobe Reader. Should I go for Adobe DC. 43121 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam9, Mar 5, 2016.

1. sam9 Win User

Adobe Reader 11 or Adobe DC

I am having Adobe Reader. Should I go for Adobe DC.

:)

sam9, Mar 5, 2016
  2. VMP_PDX Win User

Can't delete .PDF's in Windows 10

Adobe has a version of Reader called Adobe Reader DC. The issue goes away if you uninstall Adobe Reader 11 and install Adobe Reader DC. Set this as the default app to open PDF's and your problem should be solved. I've tested this with Windows 10 on two
    systems.

VMP_PDX, Mar 5, 2016
  3. Geo40br Win User
    Make Adobe Acrobat Default PDF reader not Reader X

The proposed solution does not work. I have same difficulty with Adobe v6 and Adobe Reader DC and Reader 11.

Selecting the default app to Adobe 6 on my Win 10 PC using the proposed selection method simply has no effect. It appears to have been selected as the icon changes but files still open in Reader DC. This is very annoying.

The only solution I have found is to uninstall Adobe Reader DC. This is OK but some Adobe documents will not open in the older version of Adobe.

Adobe Reader DC does not allow you to deselect it as the preffered app.

Has anyone cracked this problem?

Geo40br, Mar 5, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

It seems DC is the latest version so uninstall old one first and go for it.

eLPuSHeR, Mar 5, 2016
  5. Do either support thumbnails view under file explorer? I seem to remember an old version of Adobe did provide this feature but they long since removed the feature - totally bewildering as to why they thought they was a proactive move

Scottyboy99, Mar 5, 2016
  6. Think latest one is called Adobe Reader DC

hTconeM9user, Mar 6, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    excerpt :
    About:

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software is the free global standard for reliably viewing, printing, and commenting on PDF documents.
    And now, it's connected to the Adobe Document Cloud − making it easier than ever to work across computers and mobile devices.
    It's the only PDF viewer that can open and interact with all types of PDF content, including forms and multimedia.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

davidhk, Mar 6, 2016
  8. sam9 Win User

I don't think that document cloud service and filling of PDF forms available in free version.

sam9, Mar 6, 2016
  9. eLPuSHeR Win User
    It seems Acrobat Reader DC doesn't support Windows XP anymore. I learnt it yesterday. Keep in mind that there are a lot of lightweigh alternatives out there: PDF XChange Viewer, Foxit, Sumatra, etc...

eLPuSHeR, Mar 7, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Maybe you are right.
    The excerpt I posted said " Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software is the free global standard............And now, it's connected to the Adobe Document Cloud ".
    So, I assume cloud service is also free.

davidhk, Mar 7, 2016
  11. sam9 Win User
    Now I tried to update Adobe Rd 11 to DC with Offline DC installer. It took the path program files x86 so I cancelled the install, first removed Rd 11 and then installed from Offline DC installer but it again took path program files x86 wherein it should have been installed in simple program files. I am having Windows 10 64 bit on a 64 bit System. Any idea, why it installed in 32 bit program files.

12. philc43 Win User
    It is quite common for programs to install 32bit versions on a 64bit system. My Adobe DC did that too. In fact MS Office insists on installing the 32bit version on a 64bit system and states that it provides better compatibility with other programs. I think it will work better that way so I just leave it as the default.

philc43, Mar 10, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

Acrobat on Windows is a 32-bit application that can run and has been tested on 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7, 8, and 10, and Windows Server 2008 and 2012.

Source

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Adobe Reader 11 or Adobe DC - Similar Threads - Adobe Reader Adobe

2. Cannot Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Hello,I cannot unistall or repair or install Adobe Reader DC. Obviously I corrupted it for some reason, quite awhile ago, but finally decided to try and fix it now.I have tried everything I read online, using different 'fix it tools' but to no avail nothing has worked. It...
  3. ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC: Hi, I've been getting popups from HP Solution Center that say ~ Solution Center has detected that you do not have the correct version of Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer installed. You can easily download and install this application for Internet Explorer at - AND...
  4. Adobe Acrobat reader DC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adobe Acrobat reader DC: Hi, Can anyone please advise how to get Acrobat reader DC to open on my PC. When I try to open the app a message comes up that the exe. file can't be found. I have uninstalled and re installed the app numerous times. Any advise please. Thanks...
  5. AOMEI and a curious issue with Adobe Reader DC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    AOMEI and a curious issue with Adobe Reader DC: I wonder if anyone could check this... I'm running AOMEI Professional 5.7.0 having updated from the previous version a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to look something up in the user pdf manual which is installed by default in the AOMEI program files folder and this manual is...
  6. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: February 11, 2020, Version 20.006.20034 This update addresses customer issues and security vulnerabilities. 150468
  7. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Hello I wont to Uninstall the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC A message comes up another programme is being installed please wait, this is just going on and on Help Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader-dc/22826dea-57a7-446e-a437-43778c997e92
  8. Adobe Reader DC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adobe Reader DC: I am trying to install a Adobe Reader DC for windows 10 and my PC is telling me to enter admin and password... But, my PC doesn't let me enter anything at all.... And the buttons under that are only NO...nothing else..... Can someone please HELP me with this problem... I...
  9. Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc query

Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc query: Hi Guys I have Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc and hoped I could edit a pdf file by using it. Online, I read you need Adobe Acrobat to do so, is mine the same as I cannot edit, plus, I never paid for mine as I don't and Adobe Acrobat does not appear to be free online. 118997
  10. Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc query

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc query: Hi Guys I have Adobe Acrobat Reader Dc and hoped I could edit a pdf file by using it. Online, I read you need Adobe Acrobat to do so, is mine the same as I cannot edit, plus, I never paid for mine as I don't and Adobe Acrobat does not appear to be free online. 118997