Windows 10: Adobe Reader and Flash for IE11 in W10?

Discus and support Adobe Reader and Flash for IE11 in W10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm running IE11 in W10, but does IE11 use Adobe Reader and Flash player like it does in W7? I read that Edge doesn't, but I couldn't find anything for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DC10, Apr 3, 2017.

1. DC10 Win User

Adobe Reader and Flash for IE11 in W10?

I'm running IE11 in W10, but does IE11 use Adobe Reader and Flash player like it does in W7? I read that Edge doesn't, but I couldn't find anything for sure about IE11 in W10.

:)

DC10, Apr 3, 2017
  2. bukraat Win User

windows 10 customizing default profile.

I want to customize default profile of windows 10, when I do that with "sysprep" with customize XML file, once windows starts it all runs fine. once I open adobe reader web site in IE11, IE getting hang. I did this in sevrel different PCs but the result
    is the same IE11 gets hang at adobe reader web site.

it happing because of flash player. some thing goes wrong with flash player while sysprep with xml file. any one have any idea.

bukraat, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Steve_819 Win User
    cursor blink on pdf files opened in Internet Explorer

Pawan, Thank you for the advice. I turned off the Adobe PDF Reader in add-ons and the problem disappeared. I can no longer open PDF's from within IE11 but that is not much of an inconvenience. They now automatically open in a separate Adobe Reader window.
    I cannot tell if this is a Microsoft or Adobe problem but hope it can get fixed in the future.

Steve_819, Apr 3, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Both Edge and IE can use Flash, but as the IE in W10 is built in (not installed separately) you cannot update Flash yourself, the updates for Flash in IE/Edge are supplied by Microsoft through the automatic windows update.

Edge has its own built-in pdf reader. IE can use add-ons as before, Adobe's or others.

Bree, Apr 3, 2017
  5. DC10 Win User
    OK so it's alright to install Reader in IE. Thanks Bree.

DC10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Adobe Reader and Flash for IE11 in W10? - Similar Threads - Adobe Reader Flash

2. Adobe Acrobat Reader

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adobe Acrobat Reader: I think the current update waiting on my system will deleteAdobe Acrobat Reader from my PC – subsequent to this how do I read my PDF’s ordownload future PDF’s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader/8e15ab35-23cd-4951-bdde-8351aa1b6ce5
  3. Adobe Reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adobe Reader: Came to work, open files, icon for adobe reader is changed, when I try to open a file it defaults to Microsoft Edge where I cannot enter any information on the changed adobe reader....
  4. Adobe reader will not launch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adobe reader will not launch: I've been running Adobe's pdf reader for years. Recently, when I try to launch the reader, either from a shortcut or by right-click a pdf in File Explorer and choosing OPEN, the reader does not come up. No error message. I've tried to get help on the Adobe forum and from...
  5. adobe flash

in Windows 10 Customization
    adobe flash: If adobe flash is discontinued 2020, what can I use on royal games which depends on adobe flash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash/e79071ab-a00b-40da-a659-09d9c7de804c
  6. Adobe Acrobat reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Acrobat reader: I have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on my Windows 10 system but trying to get it as the default pdf document reader dosen't seem to work, any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-acrobat-reader/ba3f4dae-8961-4a32-9cd3-ca767f8e07a4
  7. Adobe Reader

Adobe Reader: It has been a while since I set up a new computer and in the past I could download Adobe Acrobat Reader just fine. However now I can't seem to find a plain vanilla version of it anywhere. They all seem to want me to install McAfee along with it or some version related to the...
  8. Adobe Reader

Adobe Reader: For few days now my Adobe Reader DC get closed after few seconds after activation,can't read anything.Started after MS update few days ago.Have tried to repair it but get closed too.Have latest version insatalled.Put exclusion in MalverBytes. 123564
  9. Adobe Flash

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash: I completed the download of 14295 with no problem yesterday. Today I keep receiving pop ups that say ADOBE FLASH HAS CRASHED Where does this come from???????????????????? 45869
  10. Adobe Reader 11 or Adobe DC

Adobe Reader 11 or Adobe DC: I am having Adobe Reader. Should I go for Adobe DC. 43121