Windows 10: Ads on pre-installed MS Solitaire Collection?

Discus and support Ads on pre-installed MS Solitaire Collection? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Many seem to be saying this app has ads and you have to pay to stop them. Is this true? I have tried it, and after forcing it to stop talking xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by linw, Aug 10, 2015.

1. linw Win User

Ads on pre-installed MS Solitaire Collection?

Many seem to be saying this app has ads and you have to pay to stop them. Is this true?

I have tried it, and after forcing it to stop talking xbox rubbish, it didn't seem to flick up ads.

Looking to assuage my sister's worries!

:)

2. Solitaire Collection Premium Still Shows Ads

I'm still getting ads after purchasing MS Solitaire Collection Premium.

RichardPoticher, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Solitaire not working on Windows 10 Pro

Switch to Linux. Not only does it have a superior solitaire collection. Solitaire doesn't demand you be online or sit through ads to play it.

Windows 10 is a load of advertising garbage, I'm done with MS.

JamesHudson59, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Ads on pre-installed MS Solitaire Collection?

Ads on pre-installed MS Solitaire Collection? [​IMG]

I took one look at that opening front page and uninstalled it off my computers.

What a mess!

teachermark, Aug 10, 2015
  5. XERXESII Win User
    If you were to scroll to the bottom of the home page of the above screenshot, you will see a banner ad. During a game of Spider Solitaire, there are no ads. On the game over screen, there is an ad. When I clicked on the upgrade to premium button, there were choices for $1.49 for one month or $9.99 for one year.

I don't find the ads to be obtrusive.

XERXESII, Aug 13, 2015
  6. linw Win User
    Thanks for that input. Appreciated.

I found an installer for the old Win 7 games and I think I will get my sister to use those. All the old favorites as we once knew them!

Cheers.

7. pixiecat Win User
    Hi I am having trouble with these I can use the one with adds but looking on this forum I found someone giving a download for the old games but it wont play on my pc. I would pay for the games but I cannot sign in and Microsoft help chat couldn't help either
    I miss my card games *Sad

pixiecat, Aug 15, 2015
  8. Kyhi Win User

Windows 10 is Free - but you will have to pay for everything else...

MS can sell a OS once every 10 years or charge you a monthly or yearly subscription fee for the apps..

Google, Apple, Android and now MS - all give the OS away - because they want the subscription revenue

9. pixiecat Win User
    Thanks for your reply - my problem is I cannot play solitaire offline and when I play it online it asks to log in using a ms account so I use my outlook email but it doesn't recognise it to log in ... so I wont buy until I can log in

pixiecat, Aug 15, 2015
  10. linw Win User
    You can play the games app without a sign in. Just try everything to skip the sign in (can't remember how exactly I did it now!) and after that it doesn't ask.

If you want the win 7 games, search on youtube (win 7 games for win 10) and find clip by mjd7999. There is a download link on the header. At your own risk, but my scan didn't pick up anything after installing it, but make your own mind up on this.

11. Bazz Win User
  12. pixiecat Win User
    Thank you I followed both your posts and now I have my favourite card games back on my pc

Great help thanks *Thumbs*Thumbs

pixiecat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Ads on pre-installed MS Solitaire Collection? - Similar Threads - Ads pre installed

2. MS Solitaire Collection Freezes when ad appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Solitaire Collection Freezes when ad appears: On my laptop (Dell XPS 15 9570)(Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042) the Microsoft Solitaire Collection keeps freezing when the ad appears. I do not have the paid version. The ad appears fine with the timer/counter in the corner than it freezes and never counts...
  3. MS Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Solitaire Collection: Just recently the MS Solitaire Collection app started with these long ads and an option to pay money to get rid of them. This makes me so disappointed in MS that you have gotten so money hungry that you changed a perfectly fine app and loaded it with commercials that I did...
  4. MS Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Solitaire Collection: I cannot start this program. I get an error code 104. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-solitaire-collection/443a1de8-87fd-4c16-a85f-4182502f4df5
  5. MS Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Solitaire Collection: This is now officially a pig, taking about 20% of my CPU and having delayed response. What's going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-solitaire-collection/32e81856-8c58-47bd-b73a-ce454b504647
  6. Ads in MS Solitaire collection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ads in MS Solitaire collection: I just wonder, is there anyone out there who may have figured out how to remove/eliminate the confounded ads in the Microsoft Solitaire Collection? How annoying. Any help would be appreciated, I like the games, but do not need nor want the ads. Thanks...
  7. MS Solitaire Collection - Full screen video ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Solitaire Collection - Full screen video ads: How many man years went into designing this feature to be as annoying as possible. I could live with the ads but when they override the audio mute setting in the mixer you have made an app I cannot use. I play while I listen to streaming audio and this is EXTREMELY...
  8. MS solitaire collection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS solitaire collection: The games will not start up. Blue screen comes up with title and hangs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-solitaire-collection/95aa2d0c-cbb0-4ff6-becf-9fc02dd42c1a
  9. MS Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Solitaire Collection: MS just changed the Solitaire Collection to a different version that I do not like. I have the Premium Edition. Is there a way to make the MS Collection revert back to the way it was before? I do not want to play for XP points and I do not want to play levels. I just want to...
  10. MS Solitaire Collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Solitaire Collection: MS Solitaire Collection Windows 10 Error Codes: If your error code starts with… 102 – Something isn’t quite right with the ads. Please also let us know about this. HOW??? There is no contact information....