Windows 10: ADV180016 | Microsoft Guidance for Lazy FP State Restore

Discus and support ADV180016 | Microsoft Guidance for Lazy FP State Restore in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Executive summary On January 3, 2018, Microsoft released an advisory and security updates related to a newly-discovered class of hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

ADV180016 | Microsoft Guidance for Lazy FP State Restore

Source: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en...sory/ADV180016

See also: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvenam...=CVE-2018-3665

:)

Brink, Jun 13, 2018
  2. Entegy Win User

Voice guidance option missing

After you've got the list of directions, tap a step in the directions list to get the voice guidance. It's not a "real" turn-by-turn where it will automatically tell you when to turn, you have to tap a direction step.

As a fellow Canuck, I recommend you leave all regional options on "English (Canada)" except Browser & search Language. Leave that one on "English (United States)" to get Local Scout.

Entegy, Jun 14, 2018
  3. reset system folder (windows) permission back to default / original state

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type File explorer options,Select it from the options
    • Click on Restore defaults.
    • Click Apply and OK.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, Jun 14, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

ADV180016 | Microsoft Guidance for Lazy FP State Restore [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. ADV180016 | Microsoft Guidance for Lazy FP State Restore - Similar Threads - ADV180016 Microsoft Guidance

2. LAZY at the very least.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAZY at the very least.....: Been using windows for over 30 years. I am trying to recover 3 files from an SDCARD. I know they are there. I did not overwrite anything. All the pay for apps find the files. But i dont want to spend $70 to recover... I deleted them... so my bad...Embarassingly lazy of MS to...
  3. LAZY at the very least.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAZY at the very least.....: Been using windows for over 30 years. I am trying to recover 3 files from an SDCARD. I know they are there. I did not overwrite anything. All the pay for apps find the files. But i dont want to spend $70 to recover... I deleted them... so my bad...Embarassingly lazy of MS to...
  4. The way Microsoft exhibits laziness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The way Microsoft exhibits laziness: So, all links that show on Google when searching for things that give you the following:Always, provides pay for service options instead of actually giving useful information.Example, Windows Media Player skins, can't find them. So, Windows Media Player deprecated. Still...
  5. The way Microsoft exhibits laziness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The way Microsoft exhibits laziness: So, all links that show on Google when searching for things that give you the following:Always, provides pay for service options instead of actually giving useful information.Example, Windows Media Player skins, can't find them. So, Windows Media Player deprecated. Still...
  6. The way Microsoft exhibits laziness

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Restore to a default state on restart?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restore to a default state on restart?: Not sure if this software still exists but back in the day of Windows XP my school had a system where every time you rebooted the computer it reverted to a default stateim guessing an image. It was so fast it only took a few minutes for the computer to start up. I think the...
  8. Synaptics FP Sensors is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics FP Sensors is not working: Hi my Synaptics FP Sensors driver is unplugged how I can reconnect this driver or plugged it. I updated but it still the same thing. Note: Windows version is 1909 Operation is windows 10 The laptop is ProBook 4545s [ATTACH]...
  9. need fp to edit websites.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need fp to edit websites.: i have a new computer. windows 10 hp. -- i lost my previous computer along with my 2003 fp. want to install front page to new computer so to edit my 2003 fp websites. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. Microsoft mouse and keyboard center + microsoft modern keyboard with FP ID.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft mouse and keyboard center + microsoft modern keyboard with FP ID.: I bought a Microsoft precision mouse and Microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint id, to use with several devices(smart switch), but the keyboard is not supported in Microsoft mouse and keyboard center. Im confused, how is the top keyboard 130$ not supported this? Maybe I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft windows lazy fp state restore security update (adv180016)

2. Security update for Windows Lazy FP State Restore- ADV180016

3. Microsoft Windows Lazy FP State Restore Security Update

4. microsoft windows lazy fp state restore security updat,
  5. adv180016