ADV180016 | Microsoft Guidance for Lazy FP State Restore

Discus and support ADV180016 | Microsoft Guidance for Lazy FP State Restore in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Executive summary On January 3, 2018, Microsoft released an advisory and security updates related to a newly-discovered class of hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 14, 2018 at 4:02 AM.

1. Brink Win User

Source: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en...sory/ADV180016

See also: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvenam...=CVE-2018-3665

:)

2. Entegy Win User

Voice guidance option missing

After you've got the list of directions, tap a step in the directions list to get the voice guidance. It's not a "real" turn-by-turn where it will automatically tell you when to turn, you have to tap a direction step.

As a fellow Canuck, I recommend you leave all regional options on "English (Canada)" except Browser & search Language. Leave that one on "English (United States)" to get Local Scout.

3. Waseemulla S Win User
    reset system folder (windows) permission back to default / original state

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type File explorer options,Select it from the options
    • Click on Restore defaults.
    • Click Apply and OK.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:40 AM
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

[​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

Thema:

ADV180016 | Microsoft Guidance for Lazy FP State Restore - Similar Threads - ADV180016 Microsoft Guidance

1. Identifying PC's from Digital Activation in microsoft account

in Windows 10 News
    Identifying PC's from Digital Activation in microsoft account: Hello, I have far too many PC's in the house, and most have Full Retail versions of Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10. To help me manage the digital entitlements/activations I used a single Microsoft account to keep all my digital licences in. Thought I was being clever, but...
  2. Microsoft Office 2010, Product Key in caps?

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Office 2010, Product Key in caps?: The subject says it all. I could not finish installation of Microsoft Office 2010. I have the Product Key but don't know if the maximum number of uses has been met. The website that the installation sent me to for entering the product key said that upper or lower case was ok....
  3. Microsoft To-Do for Windows 10 updated with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft To-Do for Windows 10 updated with improvements: Microsoft recently added list sharing feature to To-Do app for Windows 10, Android and iOS. Today, Microsoft To-Do is receiving yet another update with several improvements and fixes for the reported bugs. Microsoft To-do for Windows 10 has been updated to version...
  4. I can not fix my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 News
    I can not fix my Microsoft account: Hello, I know, I disabled or change something in Windows Settings, but I don't have idea where and I can not fix my Microsoft account *Banghead Any idea? Thanks Came [img] [img] [img] 112467
  5. Microsoft Office 2010, Does Product Key have to be in caps?

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Office 2010, Does Product Key have to be in caps?: The subject says it all. I could not finish installation of Microsoft Office 2010. I have the Product Key but don't know if the maximum number of uses has been met. The website that the installation sent me to for entering the product key said that upper or lower case was ok....
  6. Can a windows licence linked to my microsoft account be transferred

in Windows 10 News
    Can a windows licence linked to my microsoft account be transferred: I apologise if this has been asked before. I currently have 2 PCs: 1 has windows 10 home (personal licence) registered to my microsoft account. 1 has windows 10 Pro (personal licence) also registered to my microsoft account. The PC with home installed I am looking at...
  7. Microsoft releases a new patch to fix update issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases a new patch to fix update issues on Windows 10: Microsoft today started rolling out a new patch to fix issues with Windows Update. The patch KB4056254 is supposed to fix the update issues on Windows 10 version 1703 (Creators Update) and older, including version 1507 (original Windows 10 RTM). It’s worth mentioning that...
ADV180016 | Microsoft Guidance for Lazy FP State Restore solved

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adv180016