Windows 10: ADV180016 | Microsoft Guidance for Lazy FP State Restore

Discus and support ADV180016 | Microsoft Guidance for Lazy FP State Restore in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Executive summary On January 3, 2018, Microsoft released an advisory and security updates related to a newly-discovered class of hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

ADV180016 | Microsoft Guidance for Lazy FP State Restore

Source: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en...sory/ADV180016

See also: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvenam...=CVE-2018-3665

:)

Brink, Jun 13, 2018
  2. Entegy Win User

Voice guidance option missing

After you've got the list of directions, tap a step in the directions list to get the voice guidance. It's not a "real" turn-by-turn where it will automatically tell you when to turn, you have to tap a direction step.

As a fellow Canuck, I recommend you leave all regional options on "English (Canada)" except Browser & search Language. Leave that one on "English (United States)" to get Local Scout.

Entegy, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Waseemulla S Win User
    reset system folder (windows) permission back to default / original state

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type File explorer options,Select it from the options
    • Click on Restore defaults.
    • Click Apply and OK.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, Jun 14, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

ADV180016 | Microsoft Guidance for Lazy FP State Restore [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. ADV180016 | Microsoft Guidance for Lazy FP State Restore - Similar Threads - ADV180016 Microsoft Guidance

2. how to restore windows 10 computer to original state

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to restore windows 10 computer to original state: Bought a computer that turned out to be faulty. Retailer will take it back. How do I restore it to its original state https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-windows-10-computer-to-original/2073bbc0-d027-4472-a117-d04845bf1c37
  3. Microsoft mouse and keyboard center + microsoft modern keyboard with FP ID.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft mouse and keyboard center + microsoft modern keyboard with FP ID.: I bought a Microsoft precision mouse and Microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint id, to use with several devices(smart switch), but the keyboard is not supported in Microsoft mouse and keyboard center. Im confused, how is the top keyboard 130$ not supported this? Maybe I'm...
  4. Need guidance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need guidance: My sister needs a program that will let her make a burnable dvd/cd for a birthday present. I have absolutely NO experience in this field of things so I figured I would ask here. This program should be able to import and string together .jpgs, some video clips, music files...
  5. Any Microsoft guidance regarding driver installs?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any Microsoft guidance regarding driver installs?: My system seems to show several devices which do not yet have drivers, and some are just the Basic drivers for other devices. Has Microsoft given any guidance as to how drivers need to be installed in Windows 10? ASUS does not have any Windows 10 drives for my motherboard....
  6. Restore back to factory state

Restore back to factory state: I managed to screw things up pretty bad, and want to restore back to factory state, However I can no longer access my restore partition because Windows 10 has its restore software there when I hit F11. This is an HP Pavilion 17. Anyone know of any tools or a way to get my old...
  7. Guidance needed

Guidance needed: I have set my desktop as I want it I don'tlike all those panels - some I guess I have to have. Now what I would really like is to click on Start and the on/off option/s to beat the bottom instead of having to click the three small bars at the top left handcorner to bring...
  8. Microsoft offers IT guidance to prepare for Windows as a Service

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft offers IT guidance to prepare for Windows as a Service: When Windows 10 arrives this summer (and Windows Server 2016 next year), Microsoft is going to be making some noticeable changes to how and when it delivers security fixes, hotfixes and rollups. [img] What can IT pros do now to prepare for the new Windows world order?...
  9. Microsoft - Customer Guidance for WannaCrypt attacks

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft - Customer Guidance for WannaCrypt attacks: Microsoft solution available to protect additional productsToday many of our customers around the world and the critical systems they depend on were victims of malicious “WannaCrypt” software. Seeing businesses and individuals affected by cyberattacks, such as the ones...
  10. New policy and guidance for Microsoft Enterprise Agreement customers

in Windows 10 News
    New policy and guidance for Microsoft Enterprise Agreement customers: Today, we’re announcing another significant step in the transformation of Microsoft volume licensing to make it easier for customers and partners to do business with us. Beginning on July 1, 2016, the minimum Enterprise Agreement (EA) commitment for commercial customers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft windows lazy fp state restore security update (adv180016)

2. adv180016