Windows 10: Advance downloads for reserved upgrades

Discus and support Advance downloads for reserved upgrades in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The word is that files needed for the 10 upgrade will actually begin downloading before the 29th on systems where 10 has been reserved. Does anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Victek, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Victek Win User

Advance downloads for reserved upgrades

The word is that files needed for the 10 upgrade will actually begin downloading before the 29th on systems where 10 has been reserved. Does anyone know if that has started yet and how we may be able to tell? Will these updates appear as KBxxxxxx files like other updates, or will they have some other designation or perhaps just be hidden from the update UI?

:)

Victek, Jul 21, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jul 21, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    schduling downloads for upgrades

Look in Feedback and upvote items you find on this subject.

lacrumb, Jul 21, 2015
  4. groze Win User

Victek,

I think Microsoft changed that. I think Microsoft will download a little at a time starting on the 29th but who knows what Microsoft is really going to do. Some say sites reports it could take weeks to get windows 10 to everyone that reserved it, others have said just a few days. I guess time well tell *Smile

groze, Jul 22, 2015
  5. I suspect that somewhere in the T&Cs we agreed to seeding a torrent.

nigelmercier, Jul 22, 2015
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    I've not seen any increase in the size of my C: drive, so I presume nothing has been downloaded in the background yet. All I've noticed was that System32\CompatTelRunner.exe started making outbound connections to Microsoft about a week ago and this morning my monitor disconnected/reconnected during Automatic Maintenance where the 'Get Windows 10' thing carried out another compatibility check.

I hope there's a way to override that and allow users to manually start the upgrade process. Surely come Wednesday, a lot of people like myself will want to make sure everything's backed up on all PC's right before the upgrade, then just hit the GoGo button when ready.

ARC1020, Jul 22, 2015
  7. I believe it should be phased in. iirc Insiders are the ones getting 10 on the 29th, with everyone else getting it in stages. And I think that, barring any severe bugs, we are already running the release version and just have to wait for Microsoft to confirm it and release instructions for stopping insider previews and ensuring the OS is properly activated.

FuturDreamz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Advance downloads for reserved upgrades - Similar Threads - Advance downloads reserved

2. Can I just reserve win 10 but not upgrade it ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I just reserve win 10 but not upgrade it ?: Hi What happens if I reserved a copy of windows 10 but I don't want to upgrade it ? To make a story short, I have 2 PCs with windows 7. Both PC had reserved win 10 but I cannot upgrade it because the hardware was too obsolete and win 10 doesn't have drivers for those...
  3. Reserve upgrade question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reserve upgrade question: I'm running Windows 7 and am trying to upgrade to win10. I have reserved my copy and have chosen to install with the 'delete everything' option (something like that) in the setup. I'm afraid I won't have it permanently, as the word 'upgrade' is always used. Is this still...
  4. Reserve Free Windows 10 Upgrade

Reserve Free Windows 10 Upgrade: This morning before going to work(05:45 my time) a Windows icon showed up in my system tray(on my Windows 8.1 desktop). I'm being offered to reserve Windows 10!!!! I just got back from work took a closer look and accepted. Here's a couple of screenshots: Attachment...
  5. Unable to reserve upgrade

Unable to reserve upgrade: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10. I clicked on the flag symbol and a box appeared with a spinning wheel and the message please wait. I waited and waited for 2 hours on numerous occasions but nothing happened and now I recieve a message saying "reserve your upgrade now"...
  6. Upgrade to 10 failed - unable to update reserved partition

Upgrade to 10 failed - unable to update reserved partition: Hi Guys, I have tried to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7, but after downloading, it prompts the above. Tried finding how to solve the problem only, where it is a known problem and there are steps to free up the RESERVED partition. Problem is, my C: does...
  7. Thanks for reserving your free upgrade

Thanks for reserving your free upgrade: Hello, I have a problem in that I have reserved my free windows 10 upgrade, BUT for some reason which I certainly don't I am unable to upgrade, it keeps say that we're validating windows 10 for your pc, we recommend that you update after you get your notification, well I...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade OEM Reserved Partition

Windows 10 Upgrade OEM Reserved Partition: I upgraded my custom built desktop from Windows 8.1 Pro With Media Center (Originally Windows 7 Pro Retail), and I've noticed I now have an OEM (Reserved) partition on my drive. I'm just about to do a clean install, and would like to know if it's safe to delete or whether I...
  9. reserved upgrade, but now it says my GPU is not approved

in Windows 10 Support
    reserved upgrade, but now it says my GPU is not approved: Hi all, I have been running win 10 preview for quite a while now and was looking forward to installing my reserved copy. However, I run the upgrade and get told my on board graphics chips are no longer valid (approved ?) This seems a little perverse given that I have been...
  10. Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved..

in Windows 10 Support
    Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved..: I just checked for updates in my Win8.1 instillation and I noticed this for the first time. [img] Looks like I'm all set and ready to get Win10 upgrade.. anyone else get this yet?? Jeff 7178