Windows 10: Advanced File Security 3.1 Basic context menu help

Discus and support Advanced File Security 3.1 Basic context menu help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Advanced File Security 3.1 Basic (AFS), which has placed encryption and decryption options in file context menus. I've created a task to bypass... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gogreen, May 13, 2016.

1. gogreen Win User

Advanced File Security 3.1 Basic context menu help

I use Advanced File Security 3.1 Basic (AFS), which has placed encryption and decryption options in file context menus. I've created a task to bypass the UAC with the desktop icon, but I get a UAC when I use the context menu options to encrypt and decrypt a file. Is there a way to bypass the UAC in the AFS context menu option?

:)

gogreen, May 13, 2016

2. File Explorer task bar context menu pinned items not working

Basically, when I right-click on the File Explorer it brings up the context menu fine. But when I click on a pinned or recent document it closes the context menu and then nothing happens. All other context menus work fine. Also, the File Explorer, Unpin
    and Close Window options work fine (although sometimes the list of recent files covers those options).

I tried to fix it by running gpedit.msc and going to
    User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > File Explorer and disabled Remove File Explorer’s default context menu. I also enabled Display the menu bar in File Explorer (they were both not
    configured by default). And then I restarted my computer. It fixed nothing.

Just a small problem, because I can always just open another window through the context menu or if it's cover open another directory in another window through the already opened window. It's just a pain because I do
    a lot of file management, and it makes it really tedious and slow.

Thanks,

-

Electroshockist, May 13, 2016
  3. File Access Denied - Must be File's Owner

Hello . I'm Greg, an 8 year Microsoft Windows MVP, here to help you. Add Take Ownership to your right click context menu to use on any file or folder: Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10 The exception
    is I would not use it on the entire C drive as it will cause security issues with the Windows folder. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 13, 2016
  4. Advanced File Security 3.1 Basic context menu help

TairikuOkami, May 13, 2016
  5. gogreen Win User
    No easier way to do this?

gogreen, May 14, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, May 15, 2016
  7. gogreen Win User
    Thanks, TairikuOkami. I understand, sort of, how a CLSID might work, but it's too intimidating a task for me to take on.

Thanks also, dalchina. I'll look into the white list idea.

gogreen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Advanced File Security 3.1 Basic context menu help

1. Advanced File Security 3.1 Basic context menu help - Similar Threads - Advanced File Security

2. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  3. Deleting temp files with secure delete context menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Deleting temp files with secure delete context menu: Can i delete temp files with secure delete context menu, it it safe? Add Secure Delete to Context Menu in Windows 10 182973
  4. Need help with Context menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with Context menu: Need help in replacing "Taskbar Setting" shortcut with "Settings" shortcut instead. As i frequent settings page but have to go through Right-click Taskbar> Taskbar settings>Home>(into other settings) Would save a lot of time and clicks for me to just get it replaced with...
  5. [Help] edit context menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] edit context menu: https://i.imgur.com/gNs7hkRr.jpg Win10 context menu. Pls help. How do I edit the "delete" function location and remove the "email image" function from the context menus ? I keep deleting when I want to rename and emailing images when I want to save. I tried regedit but...
  6. Help in regards to advance security settings.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help in regards to advance security settings.: Hello, I added an entry in the advance security settings for the folder WindowsApps, But as I double click on the entry it says it is corrupted and must be deleted. However, I can't remove it since the remove button is grayed out. How do I fix this? I have a Windows 10 Home...
  7. Add NirSoft Advanced Run to Right Click Context Menu to open file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add NirSoft Advanced Run to Right Click Context Menu to open file: How would I create a registry entry to add NirSoft Advanced Run to, when right click on any file, to execute? Is the reg file text below correct? Thanks! https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/advanced_run.html Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  8. context menue

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  9. No context menu HD video files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No context menu HD video files: I have many video files some are High Definition Movies. When I right click on the larger (HD) files the action to show the context menu begins but then it just churns away for as long as i care to wait but the context menu will not appear. If I click again most times it...
  10. Add Advanced security to Context Menu in Windows 8 and 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Advanced security to Context Menu in Windows 8 and 10: How to: Add Advanced security to Context Menu in Windows 8 and 10 How to Add Advanced security to context menu in Windows 8 and Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Advanced Security Settings to manually change the change permissions, and set up advanced sharing...