Windows 10: Advanced Performance settings saves until restart

Discus and support Advanced Performance settings saves until restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have seen this issue before in Windows 7 but this is happening on one of my Windows 10 computers. I want to have my settings set to Adjust for best... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ZeldaYoshi, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Advanced Performance settings saves until restart

I have seen this issue before in Windows 7 but this is happening on one of my Windows 10 computers. I want to have my settings set to Adjust for best appearance but when I restart the computer, it'll be set to custom but all of my settings will still have a check mark in the check boxes but not all of them will take affect until I change it back to adjust for best performance which I think is only a couple of options not taking affect. Is there a way I can fix this.

Advanced Performance settings saves until restart [​IMG]

:)

ZeldaYoshi, Feb 12, 2016

2. Advanced Startup just performs an ordinary Windows Restart.

I updated to Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 10586 via WU from the previous W10 version. Now when I click on the Restart button under Advanced Startup it just does an ordinary Windows restart. I do not get the various options that should follow. Also, all the
    other ways to do this also do a Windows restart. How can I get this to work like it did before I updated W10 10586? I did an sfc /scannow and while it found some errors it didn't fix this problem. I did a clean boot which didn't help. Perhaps some modules
    need to be registered. Any help will be appreciated.

Here's what I'm talking about if you are unfamiliar with Advanced Startup:

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

streetwolf, Feb 12, 2016
  3. Saurav` Win User
    Windows 10 Desktop Icons Go Missing

Please check in system performance setting and change it to let window manage .

Go to system . click on advanced system setting then advanced. click on performance setting and toggle it ti let windows manage best for computer or best appearance and restart the pc.

Hopefully it fix the issue.

Saurav`, Feb 12, 2016
  4. Eblim Win User

Advanced Performance settings saves until restart

Are you logged into the administrating account of your computer? Just sounds like you're a non-admin and it's only temporary until the computer restarts.

Eblim, Feb 12, 2016
  5. I am an administrator but still doesn't work.

ZeldaYoshi, Feb 12, 2016
  6. Eblim Win User
    Try this. Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Other Options. Make sure Animations and Windows background is turned ON! Ease of access is by default, a priority over any settings you may change.

Eblim, Feb 12, 2016
  7. It's turned on but still doesn't save performance settings.

ZeldaYoshi, Feb 12, 2016
  8. Eblim Win User

Eblim, Feb 12, 2016
  9. b1rd Win User
    Hi ZeldaYoshi,

I did not see if you perhaps tried to use the Custom option and just put the marks in what options you wanted.

A little while ago somebody posted an issue where they were unable to keep the Adjust For Best Performance settings to stick. If I recall, they were only using the custom section, and they were unchecking all of the boxes. When they re-booted, the boxes were filled in again. I think when they just went though and selected the Adjust For Best Performance option, the setting remained and the problem was solved.

I realize that your problem is slight different, but it might be worth a try.

Advanced Performance settings saves until restart [​IMG]

10. I set it back to adjust for best performance before I took that screenshot but the problem is probably fixed. I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10 and it seemed to fix the problem. But thanks everyone for helping.

ZeldaYoshi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Advanced Performance settings saves until restart - Similar Threads - Advanced Performance settings

2. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  3. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  4. advanced settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    advanced settings: Where is advanced settings in the new edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-settings/ea830429-b77f-4e91-9bfe-3e0ced9c8d11
  5. Settings Not Saving After Restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Not Saving After Restart: I recently purchased a new laptop and have set it up to my liking. I've pinned certain programs to the taskbar, I've configured my mouse settings, I've set up my default browser to Google Chrome, and a few other things. However, every time I restart my laptop, the settings go...
  6. Unable to save changes in Configure advance sharing settings for network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to save changes in Configure advance sharing settings for network: After the latest updates of March-20, I can not save the changes for Turning Off the Password protected sharing to share with my workgroup connected PCs...
  7. unable to restart using advanced startup to access uefi settings

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    unable to restart using advanced startup to access uefi settings: as the title describes, i am completely unable to restart from "settings, recovery, advanced startup". for those who are not familiar with the menu i am trying to describe, it's this one. no matter what option i select on that list, my computer turns off, turns back on and...
  8. UEFI Settings won't show in advance restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Settings won't show in advance restart: Hey, basically my uefi settings won't show in advanced restart i also have tried to go into the bios to disable secure boot but secure boot is not an option, is this just me? Also is there a solution?...
  9. How to keep VPN Advanced Settings off after restart?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to keep VPN Advanced Settings off after restart?: Hi, I would like my VPN Advanced Settings to remain Off after restart. They turn back on each time. Seems like Windows should save that setting? Checked Services.msc & msconfig but don't see anything to disable that looks like VPN. HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software >...
  10. No Advanced Restart Options

in Windows 10 Support
    No Advanced Restart Options: I sometimes check to confirm the advanced start-up options appear on my laptop usually by hitting Restart + Shift or choosing Settings / Recovery / Advanced Start-up. I just checked now and the PC just restarts. SFC / SCANNOW runs OK and the Win RE configuration seems OK...