Windows 10: Advanced Restoration Service

Discus and support Advanced Restoration Service in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a computer maintenance program and they are telling me my Advanced Restoration Service has just expired July 9. I am told I have to have this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeffreyNelson2, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Advanced Restoration Service

I have a computer maintenance program and they are telling me my Advanced Restoration Service has just expired July 9. I am told I have to have this re-newed or my anti-virus and files will be corrupted. After calling them this morning, they said I have 281 out of 300 files that are corrupted and put a "temporary" fix so I can use my computer for the next two hours with no problem. It HAS been very slow lately but I'm wondering if this is legit. It is rather expensive for the renewal. Do I need this?

:)

JeffreyNelson2, Jul 16, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Advanced Restoration Service [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Windows core applications are opened slow when network store interface service is running

Hello,

I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Hope this helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Advanced Restoration Service

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Advanced Restoration Service

1. Advanced Restoration Service - Similar Threads - Advanced Restoration Service

2. The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.: Can someone help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-defender-advanced-threat-protection/4efb3114-c981-43de-a643-375db73b7ac2
  3. The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.: Can someone help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-defender-advanced-threat-protection/4efb3114-c981-43de-a643-375db73b7ac2
  4. Advanced networking service in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced networking service in Win 11: Hello,I was trying to look for the service named "Advanced Networking" but it is not in the serivices.msc. I need to turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-networking-service-in-win-11/b18c88b3-405e-4bb5-8585-bb0cbd315498
  5. Advanced networking service in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced networking service in Win 11: Hello,I was trying to look for the service named "Advanced Networking" but it is not in the serivices.msc. I need to turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-networking-service-in-win-11/b18c88b3-405e-4bb5-8585-bb0cbd315498
  6. Windows Defender Advanced Protection Service missing from Services? Help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Advanced Protection Service missing from Services? Help: Im running Windows 10 alot of times my laptop puts up a notication “Microsoft Defender Antivirus is turned off” but when I check it always says its turned on. Is this some sort of bug? Also.. yesterday i had this huge issue with my antivrius on my laptop:...
  7. After an advanced restore a new problem

in Windows 10 Support
    After an advanced restore a new problem: After an advanced restore a problem developed. I cannot do a restart. When the button is pressed nothing happens either using the mouse or Enter key. I am required to turn the computer off. running Windows 10 desktop 143921
  8. advanced restore 2 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    advanced restore 2 problems: After an advanced restore 2 problems developed. I cannot do a restart. When the button is pressed nothing happens either using the mouse or Enter key. I am required to turn the computer off. After the computer restarts the other problem becomes evident. In order to bring up...
  9. Advanced system restore and restore file locations

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Advanced system restore and restore file locations: I'm using windows 10 pro and am trying to get restore locations moved from and old drive to a new drive. I'm trying to figure out what folders and files I need to move and where to move them so I can have the restore points show when I open system recovery. Creating a system...
  10. Evolving Microsoft's Advance Notification Service in 2015

in Windows 10 News
    Evolving Microsoft's Advance Notification Service in 2015: Our Advance Notification Service (ANS) was created more than a decade ago as part of Update Tuesday to broadly communicate in advance, about the security updates being released for Microsoft products and services each month. Over the years, technology environments and...