Windows 10: Advanced startup won't work

Discus and support Advanced startup won't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I activated offline scanning with defender while i have norton installed just to get a scan in and now i keep getting errors from norton that it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by getup180, Dec 16, 2016.

1. getup180 Win User

Advanced startup won't work

I activated offline scanning with defender while i have norton installed just to get a scan in and now i keep getting errors from norton that it's scans will be worsened because defender limited periodic scanning is on. I turned them all off and even after multiple restarts it won't go away. Now i can't access the boot menu as i am dual booting ubuntu and w10 nor can i access bios menu or will advanced starup selections work.

:)

getup180, Dec 16, 2016

2. Advance startup options won't show up on Windows settings, or when I click Shift then restart

Advanced startup options won't show up

LuisFonseca1999, Dec 16, 2016
  3. Stuck in Advanced startup & none of the options work

Hello!

A few days ago my laptop refused to shutdown unless I forced it by holding the off button. This worked a few times but now I can't enter windows.

Every time I startup the computer it will go to the Advanced Startup Options, the options I get is:

Troubleshoot and Turn off your PC

If I enter Troubleshoot, the options I get are:

System Restore(Gives an error),

System Image Recovery,

Startup Repair(I get the message: "It cannot be repaired using start up repair."),

Command Prompt,

UEFI Firmware Settings,

Go back to the previous build(Doesn't work).

Zeid Adabel, Dec 16, 2016
  4. Advanced startup won't work

Welcome to the Ten forums.

Have you tried uninstalling Norton. I would head to their site and get their Norton removal tool. This gets it all. You can then see if the behavior changes. If you then install Norton I believe it should shut off Defender as it would with a fresh install. I use Malwarebytes as my other set of eyes with Norton running.

Re getting into BIOS. Have you tried powering up with ESC key pressed. I think that is your Setup key.

Caledon Ken, Dec 17, 2016
  5. batsko Win User
    I uninstalled and reinstalled Norton and it seems to be running better. The alert no longer pops up about reduced Norton effectiveness. I can make it into my bios now as well. Thanks for the info about escape, I didn't know about it. Now I am having an issue using parted magic on the Ultimate Boot CD. I can't make it into the program with any of the three choices. I would like to scan some hdds and sdd while they aren't booted to make sure there are no virus'. There's clamav and fprot on there.

batsko, Dec 19, 2016
  6. Great to hear your original problem is solved. I would open a new thread on the new issue. People will recognize product and respond.

Caledon Ken, Dec 19, 2016
  7. batsko Win User
    ok cool.. I added you rep but idk how to mark as answered

batsko, Dec 19, 2016
  8. Advanced startup won't work

Thank you. To mark solved there is a Green button right above where you key in your response. Beside is an orange button that says reply to Thread. Only the thread starter sees green solved button.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Advanced startup won't work

1. Advanced startup won't work - Similar Threads - Advanced startup won't

2. My Monitor won't display the WinRE/Advanced Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Monitor won't display the WinRE/Advanced Startup: My pc for some reason never shows the manufacturer's logo when starting up, and the monitor starts working only when i am in windows and have to type my password, the same thing happens when i go into the advanced start up i just get a blank screen until i shut down the pc...
  3. My Monitor won't display the WinRE/Advanced Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Monitor won't display the WinRE/Advanced Startup: My pc for some reason never shows the manufacturer's logo when starting up, and the monitor starts working only when i am in windows and have to type my password, the same thing happens when i go into the advanced start up i just get a blank screen until i shut down the pc...
  4. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  5. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  6. Advanced startup on windows 11 won't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup on windows 11 won't work.: I do not know why this happens, whenever i try to restart using advanced startup, it just goes into a black screeni tried giving it time but it doesn't seem to do anything...
  7. Advanced startup on windows 11 won't work.

Advanced startup on windows 11 won't work.: I do not know why this happens, whenever i try to restart using advanced startup, it just goes into a black screeni tried giving it time but it doesn't seem to do anything...
  8. Advanced startup options do not work Windows 10.0.10240

Advanced startup options do not work Windows 10.0.10240: Hi,I am trying to access my BIOS settings so I tried settings -> Update and Security -> Recovery -> Advanced startup.This displays an blue screen prompting me to either continue to boot windows 10, Troubleshoot and something else, clicking on Troubleshoot the only option I...
  9. Advanced Startup Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advanced Startup Problems: Alright so, i wanna reset my pc from advanced startup so i dont need to use boot device but when i open advanced startup and click troubleshoot it directly goes into advanced options what do i do to fix this?...
  10. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998

Users found this page by searching for:

1. advanced startup wont work