Windows 10: Advice on adware (or malware?)

Discus and support Advice on adware (or malware?) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there folks My browsers are being hijacked every now and then, suddenly i have the homepages set as e.g. "ourluckysites.com", or something like... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by marcosdipaolo, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Advice on adware (or malware?)

Hi there folks
    My browsers are being hijacked every now and then, suddenly i have the homepages set as e.g. "ourluckysites.com", or something like funnysearch, all my browsers shortcuts suddenly lead me to other weird folders with copies of the browser inside (e.g.today my Google Chrome was sitting inside a folder called "Everness").
    This has been happening for a while and it affects all browsers (firefox, edge and chrome).
    Until now i was using MalwareBytes free trial, MalwareBytes's AdwareCleaner and Zemana's free trial to clean it but t always comes back. It's like I have installed something that is reinstalling the garbage.

Haven't found a post talking about this sites, any help appreciated.

thanks folks

Marcos

:)

marcosdipaolo, Apr 26, 2017
  2. Jsssssssss, Apr 26, 2017
  3. JamilaC8 Win User
    How do I remove Winfix 10 Pro pop up?

I followed your advice but I couldn't delete this adware. My Windows Defender is detecting it but it was not deleted and I have no idea how to access the system files or registry.

JamilaC8, Apr 26, 2017
  4. Bat 1 Win User

Advice on adware (or malware?)

This is kind of a simplified guide going from step #2 to the end. https://malwarecomplaints.info/our-lucky-sites-removal/
    SuperAntiSpyware is also a great free program for finding things like Brower hijackers. If You don't have a restore point before the problems started, and cleaning out any "Suspicious" programs, services, and the Temp files doesn't work, You might have to resort to something Stronger like Download RKill or the other four programs at the bottom of that page.

Bat 1, Apr 26, 2017
  5. Unbelievable, after malware bytes, zemana and adware cleaner, SuperAntiSpyware found 605 threats *Eek *Eek *Eek *Eek *Eek

marcosdipaolo, Apr 26, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    In a lot of these cases it's an add-on which doesn't get removed it then goes and gets more malware you can reset browser to remove all add-ons which is the best move

Samuria, Apr 26, 2017
  7. simrick Win User
    Superantispyware is finding mostly cookies.

If you still l have problems after following the instructions posted by Bat in post#2, then we may have a rootkit on the system which we'll need to address.
    Let us know.

simrick, Apr 26, 2017
  8. Advice on adware (or malware?)

Run CMD as admin and copy/paste (it should prevent reinfection by malware):

reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings" /v "Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

Then run this to open HOSTS file:

notepad c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

It should look like on the picture, if there is anything else bellow, remove it.

TairikuOkami, Apr 26, 2017
  9. Hi there, what that command line does?

My hosts file was actually corrupt (empty), i had to paste the code of the picture to restore it.

marcosdipaolo, Apr 27, 2017
  10. It disables scripting within Windows (not in browsers), which is used to add startup entries, modify files, etc.

In case, you need it, you will get a message, that WSH is disabled by administrator, then you can enable it.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Advice on adware (or malware?)

1. Advice on adware (or malware?) - Similar Threads - Advice adware malware

2. Adware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adware: Please help! Urgent!Adwcleaner found 6 items!Pup. Optional Assistant 1 itemPup.optional.Legacy 4 itemsPup.optional.mediaget 1 itemWhen I press next, I see preinstalled software which comes from Acer.I dont know what to do!Help me delete! Please help!!...
  3. ADWARE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ADWARE: HiIs there a safe free ad ware removal toolThank youTIMMYM 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adware/3436222a-43ee-4884-b391-80b20e823a11
  4. Sticky Finger Virus or Adware or Malware

Sticky Finger Virus or Adware or Malware: How do I get rid of the "sticky finger" Virus, Adware or Malware that occurs every time I select a dialogue box? Anywhere that text can be inserted the cursor automatically generates a continuous string of the number 4 which prevents me from login and most options requiring a...
  5. Adware

Adware: I cannot delete this adware from my hard drive even though Window Security block it. Ronald https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/adware/713d063a-5ee9-4fe5-a127-09109d29fa3a
  6. Computer infected with Trojan,Malware and Adware no icons

Computer infected with Trojan,Malware and Adware no icons: My computer has been infected with this virus TROJAN.PHISHING.ARK!eml Since it is lockdown in my country I am unable to use my PC. And I tried to enter my pc with the help of safe mode I am stuck at the password I have typed both my pin as well as password nothing works....
  7. adware and malware

adware and malware: The app (Package Tracking Pro) got downloaded into my Surface 3 pc from Spring Tech LTD and has made my Gmail account in windows inoperable. I uninstalled it but my mail does not sync and load anyway. Can you help me?...
  8. virus..adware..malware ???

virus..adware..malware ???: HELP...keep getting a pop up that says..."something went wrong with your extensions, you'll need to turn them on again"...ran antivirus program..malwarebyths...found nothing...
  9. Adware

Adware: i m facing serious adware problem. redirecting webpage automatically, opening new browser windows and many more.... tried many things but not helping that much those are coming back again... any permanent or solid solution??? 39218
  10. Persistent immovable popups, adware, malware etc

Persistent immovable popups, adware, malware etc: Have use Win 10 successfully since released. two weeks ago I began being besieged by immovable persistent popups. Since then I have scanned HP Pavillion laptop with Norton, PC Cleaner, Reimage and AVG [free]. All of them found and cured faults, declared the system clean yet...