Windows 10: Advice Re. B/up Strategies Using OneDrive for Business Appreciated...

Discus and support Advice Re. B/up Strategies Using OneDrive for Business Appreciated... in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi all. I'm running Win 10 on a good spec laptop. Also Office 365 Business Premium, single seat. This latter may (?) have some implications for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ondablade, May 19, 2018.

1. ondablade Win User

Advice Re. B/up Strategies Using OneDrive for Business Appreciated...

Hi all. I'm running Win 10 on a good spec laptop.

Also Office 365 Business Premium, single seat. This latter may (?) have some implications for the approach adopted - the OneDrive for Business application it includes is different to the desktop version (it stores the original on the cloud, and if the option is selected synchronises to the file(s) on the PC [which are then available when offline] unlike the desktop version which apparently does the opposite), as are apps like Outlook and Skype.

I write, and am setting up a manuscript management programme named Scrivener - this for obvious reasons requires solid back up arrangements.

It isn't advised to use OneDrive for the working copy of a project that is continuously accessed while working (will put that on the C drive, and if possible save it from there to the cloud also), but it is said to be OK for the zipped backups the programme automatically generates.

The plan is also to take the opportunity to make better use of some of the Win 10 backup and recovery tools. File History apparently won't work with OneDrive, so at this point the thinking is to use an external drive for that. Then to if possible store a systems image on OneDrive.

Two questions:

1. What's a good strategy using Windows 10 backup and recovery tools using OneDrive, the C drive and an external drive as backup locations? Is the above feasible and advisable?

2. Can OneDrive for Business be expected to behave the same as the desktop version of OneDrive in terms of it's ability to interact with programmes like Scrivener's backup? There's good documentation available regarding using Scrivener with the desktop version of OneDrive, but I've no idea if it is likely to apply to the for Business version as well.

All input appreciated!

Thanks

:)

ondablade, May 19, 2018

2. How to change the default OneDrive account from Private to Business on Windows Phone 8

I allready had my OneDrive for Business account added in the OneDrive app. But the app allways opens with my private account.

I have found out that the best way to open documents on my Phone from OneDrive for Business is not to use the OneDrive app, but the Office app. When you open that app, you get a list with locations (e-mail, Phone, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business). This is
    by far the easiest way.

RebekkaAalbers-de Jong, May 20, 2018
  3. GKentC Win User
    Nokia Lumia 930, Win 10 Mobile, OS build: 10.01495.1001 - Camera Backup Account - only personal OneDrive appears; cannot select Business OneDrive, even though that account has been added to phone

Gerald,

Can you verify that what I'm wanting to do is possible, i.e. that I should be able to select my OneDrive for Business as a Camera backup account? Philip Anderson's Mother's Son (PAMS) seems to be saying that it is not possible to change the default OneDrive
    storage. I understand what PAMS is saying, that I can just move the pictures manually, but I would like to work this out in an automatic way, in part because this will also happen on my wife's PC. In other words, if both of our 930s can be set up to backup
    to our shared OneDrive for Business, then without doing anything all of our photos end up being in the right place that we both will see on our separate computers.

My questions are:

• Should it be possible for me to backup my photos to my OneDrive for Business account?
    • If I do a hard reset, would it be possible for me to setup the 930 afterwards using my OneDrive for Business account? Do I have to use my personal account and then add my business account?
    • I thought I would be tricky and created an outlook.com address and then added it as an alias to my business account, thinking that maybe it was necessary to setup the phone with an outlook.com address. Would this be a possible strategy to solve this problem?

I am not adverse to doing the reset, but thought it would be helpful to ask these questions before doing so.

Thanks in advance for your continued help,

GKentC, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Advice Re. B/up Strategies Using OneDrive for Business Appreciated...

1. Advice Re. B/up Strategies Using OneDrive for Business Appreciated... - Similar Threads - Advice Strategies Using

2. Win10 Advice Needed For A Working Backup Strategy!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Advice Needed For A Working Backup Strategy!: HiBit of a long start but I feel it's justified, as I hope you will see.I used Win7 and backed up by copying the Windows partition to another removable hard drive. Whenever Windows stopped working I could easily replace the non-working installation with the latest backup and...
  3. Win10 Advice Needed For A Working Backup Strategy!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Advice Needed For A Working Backup Strategy!: HiBit of a long start but I feel it's justified, as I hope you will see.I used Win7 and backed up by copying the Windows partition to another removable hard drive. Whenever Windows stopped working I could easily replace the non-working installation with the latest backup and...
  4. Win10 Advice Needed For A Working Backup Strategy!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 update strategy advice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 update strategy advice: Hello All, This is my first post as I am relatively new to Win 10 (don't ask). This is me: EditionWindows 10 Pro Version20H2 Installed on‎13/‎12/‎2020 OS build19042.1052 Lats night my machine updated with KB 5004945 and promptly terminated my internet access. I had to do a...
  6. Win 10 update strategy advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 update strategy advice: Hello All, This is my first post as I am relatively new to Win 10 (don't ask). This is me: EditionWindows 10 Pro Version20H2 Installed on‎13/‎12/‎2020 OS build19042.1052 Lats night my machine updated with KB 5004945 and promptly terminated my internet access. I had to do a...
  7. OneDrive Location for Speed Advice re SD Card

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Location for Speed Advice re SD Card: Hi Guys Have a Dell Laptop and when i got it i added a 200 GB SDXC Card to use as my Cloud location. OneDrice , Dropbox etc. I have found recently the Sync / Download seems very slow. I have my download folder in OneDrive so all my Pcs point to that area to avoid duplicate...
  8. Backup strategy advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup strategy advice: Hi there, I would like to ask some of you for advice on how to make better backups for my Windows 10 PC. Right now I have the file history tool set up for important things like documents and such. However, there's also some stuff that I don't need to be saved in multiple...
  9. Problems with Windows 10 account (advice and strategy needed)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with Windows 10 account (advice and strategy needed): Hi, W10 Pro, Version 1909 Build 18363.476 I will try to keep this brief but be patient please. I have 3 devices sharing my windows profile, pc, mobile and xbox one. All was great until my office 365 and outlook stopped syncing. I did my best to resolve it and ultimately got...
  10. Build 14366 BSODs and Reset - Advice Appreciated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Build 14366 BSODs and Reset - Advice Appreciated: Slow Ring member updated to Build 14366 yesterday with no issues (initially) Tested apps, etc, all ran normally. Post-Install ran complete scans with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and Defender, both scans reported clean Post_Install ran sfc /scannow, clean report...