Windows 10: Advice requested for turning off Windows 10 updates

Discus and support Advice requested for turning off Windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; What are your thoughts about removing the Windows Anniversary Update from our computers and disabling Windows Updates? We use Windows 10 Pro on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hpup10, Feb 15, 2017.

1. hpup10 Win User

Advice requested for turning off Windows 10 updates

What are your thoughts about removing the Windows Anniversary Update from our computers and disabling Windows Updates?

We use Windows 10 Pro on a network consisting of 8 computers in our business. Windows automatically installs updates and it causes problems with our network. The Anniversary update in particular has resulted in several of our computers no longer being visible on the network (Network icons in Windows File Explorer) so we can no longer use those printers or access shared folders. I am tired of dealing with a process that can disrupt our business at any time without providing adequate support or documentation to resolve issues.

What are your thoughts? Many thanks in advance!

:)

hpup10, Feb 15, 2017

2. "Family Safety" Standard advice for turning it off Does Not Work

Hi,

For suggested solutions on your issue, please check out this similar
    thread
    . Jessen P and GuardRex Security both gave some advice that may work for you.

Let us know how it goes.

JohnRod Nav, Feb 15, 2017
  3. "Family Safety" Standard advice for turning it off Does Not Work

Today your "family safety" feature turned on in Windows 10. I never enabled it. I don't want it. We have no children.

I have read about a dozen posts here about going to account/family, removing children, so on, so forth.

It doesn't work. I go there, it says there are no children on my account. My computer still enforces it to the hilt.

I tried going to the user accounts control panel and disabling it in the lower left corner of the account in question. The icon isn't even there.

Is there any way to actually disable this paternalistic, unwanted feature that gets in the way of my work?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

T. KellyLee, Feb 15, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

I think it's a bad idea to disable updates, surely in a business you'd want the latest security patches installed?

If you really can't get the Anniversary Update to work (Microsoft think it should work, it is now their Current Branch for Business) then you can hide just that one update using...
    Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10

Be aware though that you'll have to get the AU to work sooner or later. Now that 1607 is on the CBB support for the original version (10240) is ending on 26th March.
    No more updates to original Win 10 version 1507/10240 after 26 March?

The Creators Update (1704?) will be out soon. Once that becomes CBB support for your 1511 will end.

5. pparks1 Win User
    I would fix your end, not disable updates.

pparks1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Advice requested for turning off Windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Advice requested turning

2. Request for advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request for advice: Please advise me on how to remove my name and pin from the first log in screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-for-advice/0e9d0061-ac7d-408d-986f-3a1b095f9ddc
  3. Request for advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Request for advice: Please advise me on how to remove my name and pin from the first log in screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-for-advice/0e9d0061-ac7d-408d-986f-3a1b095f9ddc
  4. Request for advice

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Feature Request - use hotkey to turn touchpad on/off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Feature Request - use hotkey to turn touchpad on/off: My laptop has a touchpad that's annoying as all getout. Just the vibration of the keyboard is enough to move the cursor around. Linux allows the laptop's function key to turn the touchpad on/off to work. Windows only does that manually in settings, or by inserting/removing...
  6. Turning off Windows 10 home pin request

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Turning off Windows 10 home pin request: I have new Dell Laptop with windows 10 Home. I want to sign in to Windows store but it keeps requesting a windows hello PIN. I do not have a Windows Hello PIN. In the settings/account/sign in options, it says this option is currently unavailable so I cant disable it....
  7. Turn off screen time email requests

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Turn off screen time email requests: Is there a way to allow parents to turn off EMAIL notifications of a child’s request for more screen time. We prefer to use the website or the Xbox family app to grant requests. Having to delete these emails in both of our accounts creates sn extra task when parents have...
  8. Turn OFF windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn OFF windows 10 updates: Hi, I have a 14gb windows tablet and as soon as I install a fresh copy of windows, I have 6-8gb free on my install drive. Later on, as soon as I connect to the internet, it all gets filled up and my tablet starts to lag. I don't really know where the updates are...
  9. Turn Off Windows 10 Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn Off Windows 10 Update?: Had to uninstall latest Win 10 update on a more current computer. Battery being replaced on this computer. How Do I stop / turn off next Win 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-10-update/d6eea9bf-7493-4e7b-8dbe-b558d065061e
  10. Request advice in fixing a security error in Windows 10 .

in Windows 10 Support
    Request advice in fixing a security error in Windows 10 .: Hello Everyone, I tried to follow the instructions of this guide >> (How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10: >> How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10 ) I went through all the steps, but when I got to (step #9) where it says "open the “Select...