Windows 10: Adware plague unable to shift

Discus and support Adware plague unable to shift in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a new windows 10 machine and using Chrome as a browser. I have Avira free anti virus. Recently started being plagued by adware. Symptoms are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by masplin, Oct 31, 2016.

1. masplin Win User

Adware plague unable to shift

I have a new windows 10 machine and using Chrome as a browser. I have Avira free anti virus. Recently started being plagued by adware. Symptoms are
    • Cetain pages taken over by russiawomendating or similar as shown in attachment
    • Particularly on eBay getting these frequent embedded pop ups that mean i have to use task manager to crash chrome
    • Again on ebay frequent audio adds
    So far what i have tried is:
    • Adwarecleaner
    • CCleaner
    • Malware anti-malware
    • Hitman Pro
    • JRT
    • Google own cleaner

All find absolutely nothing. I have also tried

• Uninstall/ reinstall chrome
    • Uninstall chrome, run all the tools reinstall
    • System restore from 2 weeks ago, but not sure when the infection started and that is my earliest restore point.

Just tried firefox and immediately get the pop ups attached. I have also had some of these issues on another machine I have and on my wife;s machine. Is it possible ot have an infection in the router not on the actual machine?

Thanks for any advice as not sure if even resetting the pc is going to solve this!!!!

Mike

:)

masplin, Oct 31, 2016

2. Adverts keep popping up when I use Microsoft Edge

I would run a scan with windows defender, because what you seem to be experiencing is a "Adware Plague".

roguehamster2073, Oct 31, 2016
  3. martajane Win User
    adware problem

i have a relatively new lumea 830. Just recently i have been plagued with adware whenever i get on the internet. eg, im on a website looking at a new car, i click on the photos of the car, I can look at the first photo but when I click on the next one a
    new page automatically opens with adware. I close this page and go back to my car photo, click on it and it gives me the new photo but again the next opens the new page with adware. I have tried everything I can think of to resovle the problem with no luck
    and Microsoft Support have just told me there is nothing I can do. Im finding this a little hard to swallow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

martajane, Oct 31, 2016
  4. Adware plague unable to shift

When you did it, have you also removed Chrome's profile? I believe located here:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Google

Also try changing DNS, flushing DNS Cache, disabling scripted malware. Run CMD as admin and copy/paste:

wmic nicconfig where DHCPEnabled=TRUE call SetDNSServerSearchOrder ("208.67.222.222","208.67.220.220")
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings" /v "Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    ipconfig /flushdns

TairikuOkami, Oct 31, 2016
  5. masplin Win User
    Does the CMD command do all those things in one go please?

Thanks
    Mike

masplin, Oct 31, 2016
  6. Yes, granted, you have DHCP enabled, but most likely you do.

TairikuOkami, Oct 31, 2016
  7. masplin Win User
    Did both and so far so good. Brilliant.

For my education what did I do wrong to get this? i'm pretty careful about not clicking on things i shouldn't . just be good to know how to avoid in future

Thanks for your help

Mike

masplin, Oct 31, 2016
  8. Adware plague unable to shift

These days, malware is lurking everywhere. The new thing is malvertising, when legitimate sites display malicious ADs.
    Something might have hijacked your search engine, DNS or some malicious extension might have been displaying that.
    Chrome did a good job, it did not spread into your PC and it was kept in browser's cache. I wish you better luck next time.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Adware plague unable to shift

1. Adware plague unable to shift - Similar Threads - Adware plague unable

2. Adware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adware: Please help! Urgent!Adwcleaner found 6 items!Pup. Optional Assistant 1 itemPup.optional.Legacy 4 itemsPup.optional.mediaget 1 itemWhen I press next, I see preinstalled software which comes from Acer.I dont know what to do!Help me delete! Please help!!...
  3. ADWARE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ADWARE: HiIs there a safe free ad ware removal toolThank youTIMMYM 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adware/3436222a-43ee-4884-b391-80b20e823a11
  4. ADWARE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ADWARE: HiIs there a safe free ad ware removal toolThank youTIMMYM 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adware/3436222a-43ee-4884-b391-80b20e823a11
  5. Adware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adware?: What should I do? I found this virus.How this even come to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adware/22a2be49-fe78-40db-8a19-2f05f18dd049
  6. Adware

Adware: So everytime i open chrome or microsoft edge and go to any website aside from google itself theres ads everywhere. And these are websites ive visited before with no issues at all. ive reset the settings on each one, ive downloaded malware apps and scanned my computer it...
  7. Adware

Adware: after each scan, I get a notice that 'adware: win32/coupons' is a threat. either the scan doesn't remove it after trying to do so after i hit 'start actions in windows security, or this adware just keeps popping up over and over again...how do I get rid of it? Malwarebytes...
  8. Adware

Adware: I cannot delete this adware from my hard drive even though Window Security block it. Ronald https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/adware/713d063a-5ee9-4fe5-a127-09109d29fa3a
  9. Adware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adware: Why is ther Corsair adware in latest november update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adware/229f5034-fe34-4827-92a5-af7f54a7a718
  10. Adware

Adware: i m facing serious adware problem. redirecting webpage automatically, opening new browser windows and many more.... tried many things but not helping that much those are coming back again... any permanent or solid solution??? 39218