Windows 10: Adware redirect virus

Discus and support Adware redirect virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Morning, hi i'm new in tenforums i want to ask about adware and redirect viruses i have some problem with redirect virus and adware, i try... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by krisphiwkp, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Adware redirect virus

Morning,
    hi i'm new in tenforums
    i want to ask about adware and redirect viruses
    i have some problem with redirect virus and adware, i try everything to solve this.
    i have try hitman pro and other similar software, and adblock too, but it doesn't work.
    its always redirect to smartnewtab, even i add manually to adblock it still appear.
    i was try clean reinstall before but still infected after a view day. i don't have any idea anymore to solve this.
    please help to solve this.

:)

krisphiwkp, Apr 24, 2016

2. Redirected to a website without me doing anything

Three times, on three different websites on firefox I was redirected while I was looking at a different window. Looking through my history, it went first to a dns host address, then an engine.spotscenered.info address then to the final site that looked
    like a scam. Is this a virus? adware? Is it a security threat to my computer? How do I stop it? I have since turned on the option on firefox to not redirect without permission, but I don't want it to even try.

Orvell Wainwright, Apr 24, 2016
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Trojan: JS/Redirector.PR

Did you empty temporary internet files and reboot the computer after doing so?

Any strange browser extensions that may contain the malware/adware?

Have you tried the recommended steps (to include resetting your browsers) in the Malwaretips Guide that was referenced in my previous post? How to remove Web Browser Redirect Virus (Windows Help Guide)

Did you seek advice and assistance from TrendMicro?

Home and Home Office Support | Trend Micro

If using Google or Firefox you may need to completely uninstall the browsers (do not save any settings) and then install a "fresh" copy of the browser...

Good luck...

Le Boule, Apr 24, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Adware redirect virus

Hi krisphiwkp,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Redirect problems is a setting change in the browser, even if you remove the cause that made the change you will still have a redirect problem.
    If with a clean install it isn't solved, then you probably have synced the settings.
    The easiest way to get rid of it is to reset the settings in the browser. If that doesn't solve it then there is a totally different problem that we aren't aware of.

A question, what browser do you use?

5. Borg 386 Win User
    Borg 386, Apr 24, 2016
  6. thanks guys. i have try that but doesn't work.
    by the way i'm using chrome, but i think that the problem is not in my browser because every browser i use have same condition.
    for now i'm using hitman pro to remove it temporaly. but i just realized that hitman pro always detected svchost.exe is suspicious.
    i'm not replace svchost.exe by hitman pro, because last time i did it just broke my windows.
    i'm googling about svchost.exe and found svchostviewer. *Sadsadly the result is shows many problem inside it.
    i guest now the problem is in svchost.exe because some viruses can run by it.
    please help me guys,
    thanks a lot for your help.

krisphiwkp, Apr 25, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    svchost.exe is a critical file of Windows, doing anything with it results in a broken Windows as you say.
    To ensure there are no problems with the Windows files, follow below suggestion

Adware redirect virus [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Adware redirect virus [​IMG]
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

8. NavyLCDR New Member

Adware redirect virus

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Adware redirect virus

1. Adware redirect virus - Similar Threads - Adware redirect virus

2. Sticky Finger Virus or Adware or Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sticky Finger Virus or Adware or Malware: How do I get rid of the "sticky finger" Virus, Adware or Malware that occurs every time I select a dialogue box? Anywhere that text can be inserted the cursor automatically generates a continuous string of the number 4 which prevents me from login and most options requiring a...
  3. Yahoo redirect virus

Yahoo redirect virus: Split from this thread. This yahoo redirect virus is horrible. and correction doesn't work like suggested on web nor did two of the favorite virus protections including one who said they get rid of it them selected I'm from Brit UK. Help this grandma...
  4. Weird un removable redirecting virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird un removable redirecting virus?: So i got Dell G7, use it for music production, few months a go I downloaded a plugin from a random site (no one to blame but me) and got hacked/virus, got money taken from my card, after that i reset all my cards, ran like 6-7 anti malware softwares and it seemed clean, then...
  5. Adware virus keep coming back

Adware virus keep coming back: So my computer just got an adware, because i installed hack for a video game ik im wrong and i regret it and it just keep opening my browser, then i run my antivirus, it worked, the virus gone, but idk why when i launched chrome, my antivirus avast detected an adware, ik its...
  6. GOODCASTER REDIRECT VIRUS

GOODCASTER REDIRECT VIRUS: Hello I am Siddharth. whenever I turn on my PC , a new tab appears as redirect and opens webpage from thegoodcaster. How will I FIX IT? Please help!!!! Thank you, Siddharth...
  7. Bodelen.com POP-UP redirect – How to Remove this adware?

Bodelen.com POP-UP redirect – How to Remove this adware?: Bodelen.com POP-UP redirect – How to Remove this adware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/bodelencom-pop-up-redirect-how-to-remove-this/45a26891-b7ce-49e8-b003-d32e598cbbfd
  8. ***BRUTAL ADWARE VIRUS HELP NEEDED***

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ***BRUTAL ADWARE VIRUS HELP NEEDED***: Hey Guys, Can anyone please help me fix my browsers from redirecting to : https://www.my-search.com/?aid=5156&zoneid=9560-1018 Extremely annoying! I am running Windows 10 and have Chrome, Edge and Explorer. My problem is the same for all. I went through several...
  9. virus..adware..malware ???

virus..adware..malware ???: HELP...keep getting a pop up that says..."something went wrong with your extensions, you'll need to turn them on again"...ran antivirus program..malwarebyths...found nothing...
  10. Browser redirect virus

Browser redirect virus: Hello to all, I would simply like to know how to get rid of redirect virus on my HP Pro Book lap top. I already did full scans with Micro Soft Security Essentials, threats were discovered and removed but as soon as I open Internet Explorer the redirecting continues. Words...