Windows 10: AdwCleaner Version Update

Discus and support AdwCleaner Version Update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [img] Malwarebytes | AdwCleaner Version: v7.1.0.0 12 April 2018 [img] [img] [img] Information The meaning of the settings:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Cliff S, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Cliff S New Member

AdwCleaner Version Update

AdwCleaner Version Update [​IMG]

Malwarebytes | AdwCleaner

Version: v7.1.0.0
    12 April 2018

Information

The meaning of the settings: [EN] - AdwCleaner documentation - Pages - Downloads - AdwCleaner - ToolsLib

• Reset
      • Proxy Remove every proxies.
      • Winsock settings: Reset every Winsock settings to fix connections troubles. (On by Default)
      • TCP/IP settings: Reset TCP/IP settings : correct settings will be automatically restored if the network uses DHCP. Otherwise the reset must made manually.
      • Firewall settings: Reset every firewall rules.
      • IPSec settings: Reset IPSec settings. It's a protocol used to established encrypted connection between hosts. It can cause connection troubles due to specific malicious software.
      • BITS queue: Empty the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" queue. It's used to transfer files (like software or signatures updates) between hosts, but it can cause connection troubles.
      • IE policies: Delete every Internet Explorer policies and set the ones by default.
      • Chrome policies: Delete every Google Chrome policies and set the ones by default.
      • Chrome preferences: Reset each profile preferences.
      • Hosts file: Remove the Hosts file and replace it by an empty Hosts file.
    • Delete
      • Tracing" keys: Delete all Tracing keys. They are used by several malwares.
      • Image File Execution Options: Delete all subkeys from HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
      • Prefetch files: Delete all .pf files from C:\Windows\Prefetch

Gets rid of adware, restores performance
    Is your PC acting up? It could be riddled with adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), or a browser hijacker. Malwarebytes AdwCleaner removes obnoxious programs that slow and impede your computer’s performance.

How it works for you

• Removes adware
    • Removes unwanted toolbars
    • Removes potentially unwanted programs (PUPs)
    • Removes browser hijackers

Features

• PUPs and adware removal functionality
    • Toolbar removal functionality
    • Light footprint

With AdwCleaner 7.1, you'll enjoy these benefits:
    • Speed and Detection: catches more and is 3.5 times faster
    • New UI: easier, faster and more accessible
    • Settings: fine-tune your experience

v7.1.0 [12/04/2018]

New Features

• Brand new user interface, with high-DPI support, accessibility improvement
    • Add a dedicated Help section with various resources to get assistance and contribute.
    • Support for synchronized addons in Chrome, and include massive improvements in browsers scan and clean efficiency.
    • Display a scan summary at reboot.
    • Exclusions Support for elements and families to be excluded from the detections.
    Changes

• Major improvements in scan and remediation speed.
    • Reduce binary size.
    • Improve the reliability of the update process
    • Improve translations coverage.
    • Settings format is more effective and less error prone.
    • Improved report design for better usability
    • Redesign AdwCleaner - Free Adware Cleaner & Removal Tool
    • Update definitions to 2018.04.11.1
    • Component updates
    Bugfixes

• Quarantine process and restoration work again.
    • Fix numerous generic detection issues and design flaws.
    • Fix various crashs and miscellaneous issues.

Tip
    Malwarebytes AdwCleaner User Guide PDF: https://www.malwarebytes.com/pdf/gui...User-Guide.pdf

For more information on version 7.1.0.0, from the developer, please go here Announcing AdwCleaner 7.1 - Malwarebytes AdwCleaner - Malwarebytes Forums

:)

Cliff S, Oct 18, 2016
  2. Loan74 Win User

My computer was compromised- virus svchost.exe?

Previously I used AdwCleaner previous version, have put into Virustotal to scan but no virus

Here is the latest version AdwCleaner 6.0.2.1 , I no dared to use the ??

ToolsLib

Download AdwCleaner

Loan74, Oct 18, 2016
  3. Jsssssssss, Oct 18, 2016
  4. AdwCleaner Version Update

Malwarebytes first acquired Junkware Removal Tool, and now AdwCleaner? Good job Malwarebytes, now they need to boost their software extensions detection so it can detect other malicious extensions application such as .dll, .reg, .bat, etc...... not only .exe malicious application only.

RubberDucky, Oct 18, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Odd that you have the same Forums handle/name as the CEO of Malwarebytes(just a slightly different capitalization) at the Malwarebytes forum, and you're surprised at the news*Wink

Cliff S, Oct 18, 2016
  6. DooGie Win User
    Thanks for the info Cliff. I feel that's a bit of good news. AdwCleaner is a decent app but it could do with a more professional interface and website. Hopefully this will happen now *Smile

DooGie, Oct 18, 2016
  7. z3r010 Win User
    How long before they buy all the competitors/similar companies up, become a monopoly and lose their way?

z3r010, Oct 18, 2016
  8. DooGie Win User

Well there's always a chance of that John.However in this case I do feel it's a good move.
    It's probably better they come under the Malwarebytes umbrella than end up struggling along on their own in a couple of years. At the moment they are barely known which is a shame as their product is good and works well.
    Fingers crossed it turns out ok *Smile

DooGie, Oct 18, 2016
  9. z3r010 Win User
    I dunno Andy, I think they have too many products on the go now to really provide the same level of dedication that they had when it was just malwarebytes.

z3r010, Oct 18, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    John, would it be better if Intel bought them? One word: McAfee*092

Cliff S, Oct 18, 2016
  11. z3r010 Win User
    You can't really use McAfee as it was awful to begin with so should really improve under Intel.

z3r010, Oct 18, 2016
  12. DooGie Win User
    I do know where you're coming from John but it could be a case of AdwCleaner needing funding from somewhere, I mean they are an extremely small player in a big field.

DooGie, Oct 18, 2016
  13. torre Win User

Just used it. Much more simple interface. Just makes one quick scan. Does not create restore point.

Malwarebytes Junkware Removal Tool ( JRT) is also still available. Wonder if the two will be consolidated ?

torre, Oct 19, 2016
  14. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I have just downloaded AdwCleaner 6.030 but from usual toolsLib page not Malwarebytes one.

PS - Yes. It says "by Malwarebytes" above. Hadn't noticed it at first.

PS2 - Thanks Cliff by the way for the news. Spot on.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 19, 2016
  15. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome*Smile

Cliff S, Oct 19, 2016
Thema:

1. AdwCleaner Version Update - Similar Threads - AdwCleaner Version Update

2. AdwCleaner folder

in Windows 10 Support
    AdwCleaner folder: I ran this a while ago but it did not uninstall and is in the C folder. Can I delete it ; it is not in add remove. 181542
  3. AdwCleaner 8.3 is now available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AdwCleaner 8.3 is now available: Version 8.3, which was in Beta for a time, is available at Major Geeks Download Malwarebytes AdwCleaner - MajorGeeks and various other spots (Search: AdwCleaner 8.3 download). It can be run from a shortcut with arguments /scan /path <your choice of folder>, will run in CLI...
  4. AdwCleaner Scan Result?

AdwCleaner Scan Result?: I just upgraded to the latest version of AdWCleaner and all my PCs give the detection shown below whereas they scanned clean a few days ago. What's the detection due to? [img] 152053
  5. Malwarebytes AdwCleaner 8.0.2.0 Released.

Malwarebytes AdwCleaner 8.0.2.0 Released.: Malwarebytes AdwCleaner v8.0.2.0 was released earlier today. Announcement, changelog and download: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topi...dwcleaner-802/ Thank you. 149584
  6. is ADWcleaner included in Malwarebytes.

is ADWcleaner included in Malwarebytes.: Hello. I recently noticed that Malwarebytes obtained ADWcleaner is it included now in Malwarebytes premium which I have running on my PC or do I still need to run it separately? Thanks 93915
  7. AdwCleaner Results - Chrome

AdwCleaner Results - Chrome: [Search Provider] Deleted: aol.com [-] [C:\Users\tripn\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Deleted: ask.com'][C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Deleted: aol.com [-]...
  8. Adwcleaner 6.044 False positive

Adwcleaner 6.044 False positive: I received a false positive for C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Tap0901.sys today, checked on Totalvirus and confirmed as ok. Detection ratio: 0/60 Mike 79067
  9. Fake AdwCleaner: with removal instructions

Fake AdwCleaner: with removal instructions: Scammers Are Using a Fake Version of AdwCleaner to Trick People Lowell Heddings 11 Feb 2015 The latest trend in the awful Windows ecosystem is pretty ridiculous — scammers have a fake version of the reputable AdwCleaner tool, which is a real tool for Windows experts....
  10. BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question

in Windows 10 Support
    BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question: Hello! I kind of just made an account after finding help about my bitsadmin popping up out of nowhere and ran into another problem, but alas that was an old conversation. I'd like help with that, but im guessing i need to start a new thread? (though i'm not sure how to lol)...